Averitt | Raises

Announced recently that Conway LTL was going from $0.54 per mile to $0.60 per mile starting 01/01/15.
City pay going to $25.41 per hour.

I'd never go there if it was the last freight company. Too much micro-management.

Their Laredo Texas Terminal went union to split pay scales for different size terminals (sound familiar?????). Conway couldn't handle the pressure.

:icon_dance::icon_dance:Whew glad are company truck's go 75

Most Interstates and secondary roads are 75 in Texas, A couple are 80. Just give me 68-70 and Id be fine with it. AE, in their typical head up rectum fashion, claimed to have run a test on fuel mileage back before the latest higher fuel mileage units came on the scene. They said that "there is no significant decrease in mpg by running 68". Then the "Going Green bullcrap came along and these rodeo clowns latched on to that and could not turn the trucks down soon enough. Now I am driving a tractor that gets 1.5 mpg better mileage and creeping down the road at 64. Several of our petrified wood management team really need to hand in their keys and move on down to the returement home and leave the management of the company to fresh blood that aren't eaten up with dementia.

Any news on raises for 2015. I may be off by a cent or two but I believe that Saia, Southeastern, Estes, FedEx, Conway are all around the 60 per mile mark not to mention UPS Freight almost 70. Our home office is reporting great operating numbers and record profits. Maybe it time to get the shuttle drivers pay inline with the rest of the industry

Any news on raises for 2015. I may be off by a cent or two but I believe that Saia, Southeastern, Estes, FedEx, Conway are all around the 60 per mile mark not to mention UPS Freight almost 70. Our home office is reporting great operating numbers and record profits. Maybe it time to get the shuttle drivers pay inline with the rest of the industry
You were lucky to get the last raise. As long as the drivers keep working for 2nd rate wages paid by a 3rd rate company, they will continue to break it off in you.
SO SO SO glad I am gone from AE. Should have left years ago.

We will never see equal pay with the big boys, I accepted that years ago. But I won't complain,now I
make more in one night than I did in a full week when I came here, and a whole lot less work.

We will never see equal pay with the big boys, I accepted that years ago. But I won't complain,now I
make more in one night than I did in a full week when I came here, and a whole lot less work.

n, post: 923125, member: 5"]We will never see equal pay with the big boys, I accepted that years ago. But I won't complain,now I
make more in one night than I did in a full week when I came here, and a whole lot less work.[/QUOTE]
I am not comp

Just asking and I understand that that the company will never get us up to the big guys.
Just a question. Why is truckload pay in the top 3rd of truckloads carriers but shuttle pay is in the bottom 3rd of LTL carriers. I am not picking a fight with our truckload guys, but look it up for yourself. Truckload pay is really good compared to the rest of the industry.
RANT
And yes we are hiring new people at the same rate I am at, that I have to train. My years and experience means something to the company for training but still 3 cents behind shuttle top out pay go figure. Yes company man I still work as unto the Lord.

Money talks in the TL division in recruiting and retaining. Shuttle is so gravy that we have such a low, low turnover. In Knx 70%, probably more, of Shuttle are 20 years plus guys.

Money talks in the TL division in recruiting and retaining. Shuttle is so gravy that we have such a low, low turnover. In Knx 70%, probably more, of Shuttle are 20 years plus guys.
There is a issue in T/L....MONEY TALKS BS WALKS. Averitt is now advertising on XM for drivers. Almost 12 years ago when I signed on...Averitt T/L was the BEST T/L outfit in the industry. You had to have 3 years experience and a perfect work/driving record. Now.. do you have a PULSE?
We were paid the BEST T/L wages in the industry, along with the miles and HOME TIME....Now were are lagging FAR behind. Even at TOP OUT here in the south at .435, you cannot support yourself and your family @ 1500-1800 miles a week. As long as they can find people who will work for less they will continue to pay less. 12/23/15 ....barring any financial or medical disaster....I'm OUT OF HERE!

Good for you Jeepman, you are old enough to retire and still able to enjoy an active retirement. I look forward to my retirement but I still have a good 16-18 years in me. But I swear this Shuttle just gets better and better as the years go by. I still don't dread Monday nights, but honestly come Friday I'm a little wore out after a 2800 mile bid run.