Central Transport | Raises???

TB Lurker
Credits
I was informed 2 weeks ago (with much fanfare!) that CT was doing something in 7 months that Vitran couldn't do in 7 years....I was getting a raise! My measly 89 cent raise will amount to roughly 13.00 dollars a week. Funny thing started happening. I am now not "required" to break my own trailer upon return to my home terminal. I got 15 minutes on the dock this morning before I was asked (told) to go home. I average well over 15 HU's per hour and am the high seniority linehaul driver at my terminal. Is this happening to anyone else??? I mean, did we get a raise, only to get our hours cut? Any input is appreciated.

I was informed 2 weeks ago (with much fanfare!) that CT was doing something in 7 months that Vitran couldn't do in 7 years....I was getting a raise! My measly 89 cent raise will amount to roughly 13.00 dollars a week. Funny thing started happening. I am now not "required" to break my own trailer upon return to my home terminal. I got 15 minutes on the dock this morning before I was asked (told) to go home. I average well over 15 HU's per hour and am the high seniority linehaul driver at my terminal. Is this happening to anyone else??? I mean, did we get a raise, only to get our hours cut? Any input is appreciated.
You would think that after a little time things would change around CT........It appears that's not the case. Things will never change and this company doesn't have to change because so many guys keep taking it were the sun don't shine. They pray off the weak.....The ones that are afraid of change...The ones that have no self respect.....Its better to be at the bottom with the elite LTL companies than at the top at CT.......Sadly things will never change at CT and they wont change for you until you walk away. Its like the battered wife syndrome........Many keep hoping they will change .......But the sad reality is they never will and they just keep getting the hell beat out of them with no one to blame but themselves....I have often said over the years there this.............As long as you stay where you are and tell yourself you have to do it because you've always done it, the only payoff you get is to defend your misery...........That could never be more true today.

Last edited by a moderator:
You would think that after a little time things would change around CT........It appears that's not the case. Things will never change and this company doesn't have to change because so many guys keep taking it were the sun don't shine. They pray off the weak.....The ones that are afraid of change...The ones that have no self respect.....Its better to be at the bottom with the elite LTL companies than at the top at CT.......Sadly things will never change at CT and they wont change for you until you walk away. Its like the battered wife syndrome........Many keep hoping they will change .......But the sad reality is they never will and they just keep getting the hell beat out of them with no one to blame but themselves....I have often said over the years there this.............As long as you stay where you are and tell yourself you have to do it because you've always done it, the only payoff you get is to defend your misery...........That could never be more true today.

just wondering when pjax and vitran were in a tale spin did you post these same kind of messages???? Centrals A.F.U. but how messed up was Vitran before the owners sold all of you out to Central??? and was the post how you should run not walk from Vitran? doesn't really matter but was just wondering? sure i'll get 6 different versions why I should mind my own business....

Vitran went into a tailspin because of the undesirable from pjax. He didn't have a clue how to run a company and somehow got in charge. Vitran was ok before he took over. Vitran was too far gone when keylon took over. That's just my opinion tho.

just wondering when pjax and vitran were in a tale spin did you post these same kind of messages???? Centrals A.F.U. but how messed up was Vitran before the owners sold all of you out to Central??? and was the post how you should run not walk from Vitran? doesn't really matter but was just wondering? sure i'll get 6 different versions why I should mind my own business....
This is every bit your business 42..............I'm just stating my opinion about Central today............You would have to go way back to find similar post about Pjax and Vitran that I posted ..........But they are there. I called it like I saw it .................even then.

Vitran went into a tailspin because of the undesirable from pjax. He didn't have a clue how to run a company and somehow got in charge. Vitran was ok before he took over. Vitran was too far gone when keylon took over. That's just my opinion tho.

I would have hoped all the Vitran/Pjax bashing would have stopped by now, as a former PJAX driver I am really sick and tired of hearing after 8 years how its all PJAX's fault, yes we had our problems and yes Mark Kosevec was not the person for the job, when you consider he was taking a small family run (who trained him) regional trucking company that specialized in next day service anywhere in our coverage area, to a semi nationwide international publicly traded company he was in over his head (for his skill level) he tried to apply the same operating principles to Vitran that we had at PJAX, some worked most did not (you can't service Baltimore next day from St Louis by ground and we were not set up nor switched over to a break bulk type setup soon enough) if you look back to when we REALLY started the downhill slide it was when Vitran bought Milan at the same time as the bottom was falling out of the economy, and the fact that it took so long to "merge" operations, that in my opinion is what doomed us from the start. if you look at any other buyout that was going down in the same time frame you'll see all the ones that are still in business did it differently. You didn't have years after the buyout two different trucks from the "same" company going in to pick up freight at the same customer, or different terminals handling the same city (sometimes same customer) for each company ( Ann Arbor Mi was serviced by Toledo for PJAX and Detroit for vitran (Howell mi was serviced by Detroit for PJAX and Flint for Vitran))
Take Saia for example when they bought out the connection with in 6 months there was no trace of the connection left (except some lettering on equipment) and their buyout was at least 6months after Vitran bought PJAX yet 8 years after the vitran buyout and 5 years after PJAX ceased to exist on paper we were STILL going into customers and getting PJAX freight (or leaving it behind for new drivers that didn't know better) basically the whole buyout was doomed from the start, if it had been done properly then we might still be in business today.

I would have hoped all the Vitran/Pjax bashing would have stopped by now, as a former PJAX driver I am really sick and tired of hearing after 8 years how its all PJAX's fault, yes we had our problems and yes Mark Kosevec was not the person for the job, when you consider he was taking a small family run (who trained him) regional trucking company that specialized in next day service anywhere in our coverage area, to a semi nationwide international publicly traded company he was in over his head (for his skill level) he tried to apply the same operating principles to Vitran that we had at PJAX, some worked most did not (you can't service Baltimore next day from St Louis by ground and we were not set up nor switched over to a break bulk type setup soon enough) if you look back to when we REALLY started the downhill slide it was when Vitran bought Milan at the same time as the bottom was falling out of the economy, and the fact that it took so long to "merge" operations, that in my opinion is what doomed us from the start. if you look at any other buyout that was going down in the same time frame you'll see all the ones that are still in business did it differently. You didn't have years after the buyout two different trucks from the "same" company going in to pick up freight at the same customer, or different terminals handling the same city (sometimes same customer) for each company ( Ann Arbor Mi was serviced by Toledo for PJAX and Detroit for vitran (Howell mi was serviced by Detroit for PJAX and Flint for Vitran))
Take Saia for example when they bought out the connection with in 6 months there was no trace of the connection left (except some lettering on equipment) and their buyout was at least 6months after Vitran bought PJAX yet 8 years after the vitran buyout and 5 years after PJAX ceased to exist on paper we were STILL going into customers and getting PJAX freight (or leaving it behind for new drivers that didn't know better) basically the whole buyout was doomed from the start, if it had been done properly then we might still be in business today.

And that is all management fault. They were more concerned about lining their pockets than running the company properly. Kosevec bought his way in charge. Apparently he didn't know how to run a regional company either let alone one that was trying to become a national player. It's funny how when we had take a pay cut and no raises, management was still getting bonuses. You don't expect to run a business by having customers chase you. You need to be where your customers are and find out how to service them; not how your customers can service you. Keep customers happy and they will make you happy.

Vitran and Pjax got together at the worst time (recession), also the employees during the time period of late 2008 till the last days before C.T bought them, we did not get a raise. people were dragging their feet, not having a care in the world, dockhands smashing skids at $10 an for the last 4 years straight, without a raise. ohh and having a trailer go from dallas to pittsburgh front to back with nothing but walmart freight on it at 50 bux a skid. etc etc. and then the last peice to the bottom dropping out, was that lying sob chris keylon. now that joker robbed us all, I really do hope he is bagging groceries somewhere, but we all know he is sleeping right now in his 7 figure mansion, dreaming about the back nine at his country club golf course, that he will be playing at tomorrow morning. ohh btw, if you get your own truck C.T is giving a $4,000 sign on bonus for owner ops in nashville tn. good luck with that, i see around 3 on the side of the road, each day