Raleigh snitches

Discussion in 'Holland' started by supertrucker72, Apr 29, 2017.

1. seabreeze

seabreeze Not Well Known Member, 60 Year Teamster Member

Crap happens, back in the stone age days, a mechanic kept gas in a one gallon silver can that pyrene came
    in, another guy filled my fire extinguisher with the wrong can.
    I almost burned up a guys WC 22 White, trying to put out his emergency brake fire.
    PS watch your Ps & Qs, Upnorth may be watching

henry j likes this.
  2. henry j

henry j Banned

Yeah, I know "big brother" is always watching ! But who is watching him ?

Censorship is alive and well !

3. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

We just caught a union snitch at 548. Our so-called brother was going to Kansas City with TM and ratting out his brothers and sisters. He actually lied for management to try to save their butts in a sexual harassment case their about to lose.

4. henry j

henry j Banned

A union rank and file member or an officer of one of the locals? If he is a rank and file member his card and membership should be revoked>
    But since the Locals and the IBT is "in bed" so much with management lately, they probably would rather just ignore it.

troubleman84 likes this.
  5. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

That is the BIG Picture plan is get rid of as many of Senior Driver's before the 2019 ponzi sheep vote !!

henry j likes this.
  6. Havoc

Havoc Well-Known Member

He is a member and I couldn't agree with you more, our local has no b all's.

henry j likes this.
  7. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Part time Coop Dispatch driver

[​IMG]

Scamassasin has em dead to right partner!!!

8. supertrucker72

supertrucker72 Active Member

Both these places use to be fun to work at but now everyone takes things to seriously it's not worth the headache anymore I remember sitting in Evansville listing to some of the pranks them guys done to each other heaven help you now if you done some of that today your co worker might just go to there car and pull out there .45

henry j likes this.
  9. supertrucker72

supertrucker72 Active Member

Small terminal small town good way to get that snitch a ro back

10. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

Snitches & pay back , few years ago heard a story of a pair of women underwear was placed in a jerk a-hole co-workers Married guys personal car with a jealous wife and guess hell was to pay !!! pay back is a b**** !!!!!

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    troubleman84 and Frootloop like this.
  11. henry j

henry j Banned

Like I've said before. it's become dog-eat-dog. Greed has taken over. It's become "What can I do to that senior guy to get his bid?' Or on the open board, "How can I get past the senior open board guys to get a better, longer load at the lay-down point?" (first in first out with longest load rule). How many on the open board actuall stop and take the lunch break they are entitled to take enroute? They may deny it, but I'l bet nearly 100% "leather azz it" all the way and even pee in a bottle just to try to beat others to the laydown point in order to get a longer load or to run on 8.
    Or "How can I "sweet talk" central dispatch into getting ME a better load?" It's all about ME - ME - ME anymore. The brotherhood, comraderie and the idea of helping one another (even the junior man) is gone, not only at the company level, but also at the union level. It's just become an every day grind with everybody watching their backs. If you don't belong to the "good ol' boy" clique that exists at each terminal, on the open board or at the hall, you are considered an outsider. That's just the way it is, and just the way the "new" Holland under YRC wants it. Divide and conquer.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    buffalobill likes this.
  12. henry j

henry j Banned

Sounds like he's "fishing" for a job in management. After this he'll probably get it.:butt kiss:

13. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

I hate to agree with you but you hit nail on the head. Guys don't stop anymore if I run short on my 1st dispatch my 2nd if decent miles I will do my contractual 1hr and 15 min break at the end of week guys don't understand paychecks averages bout the same.

henry j and buffalobill like this.
  14. bigtruk_us

bigtruk_us Well-Known Member

That was funny right there

15. buffalobill

buffalobill Well-Known Member

Whaddya mean, you don't want to pee in a bottle and run 650 in 11 hours?

henry j likes this.
  16. vongrimmenstein

vongrimmenstein Well-Known Member

I would like your # if you put in the area code. von.

17. vongrimmenstein

No one, and I mean no one has 2 spare tires on their car or truck. Make sure they have a cause to NEED 2 spare tires. Nothing says peace of mind while putting in your 14 hours & wondering if your car is gonna be ok. Not to many cameras in the employee parking lot versus the dock & staging area. Be sure to take advantage of that little lack of security. Nothing speaks louder than replacing 2 tires on a weekly basis. And yea, what I just said is totally not right. But, a couple of hard lessons learned by the resident snitches, and you would be amazed how this snitch problem is no longer. von.

henry j and yrc-atm like this.
  18. henry j

henry j Banned

I don't know if the term is used anymore.....but it used to be called "Holland's Race Horse Dispatch" system, meant to get the drivers to run over each other if necessary in order to get to the time clock at the other end first. No lunch break. No pee break, use the plastic bottle, then leave it in the truck for somebody else to deal with. (Anybody that's ever been a yard hostler or drop & hook man can relate to that)
    I have actually seen drivers that come into the yard at the same time as others,
    literally jump out of their truck and run across the yard to get to the time clock before others that are still getting their bags out of their trucks. Greed and selfishness at it's worst.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    troubleman84 and buffalobill like this.
  19. troubleman84

troubleman84 Well-Known Member

Did SP to NA to CI coffee in Knoxville switch in NA cross over in KY and past out in pickle park. Barely made it in 14 I slept so well.

buffalobill likes this.
  20. vongrimmenstein

Be careful that your lack of sleep and running like this doesn't cost you your job or life. I have never found a piece of freight worth dying over. I know some can do it, others can't. Just don't be a statistic. Your family likes having you around. von.

Dick Dastardly and troubleman84 like this.