Yellow | Random Drug Tests......

Docksteward said:
Hey wolf.......I went to do a DOT physical and did a pee test. I don't have anything to worry about, but still was paranoid. I passed.... DS.

I always study for them DS.

Smokestack said:
I always study for them DS.
Smokie,

Do you prepare a week or so before, or do you only cram the night before? Wait a minute, you probably have to study continuosly.....these are random, how would you know when the test is coming?

con-way doesnt pay for randoms....

last time i did a random it was after a 14 hour shift and with all the traffic and waiting it took around 3 hours till i gothome....and this counted AGAINST my 10 hours in between shifts and i still come to work 10 hours after punching out....(beforethe test..)

i know i didnt have to show up i could have made an excuse that i was tired...but im not that type i went to work anyway....

anyway yea sucks that con-way doesnt pay for randoms....i guess that's one of the benefits of the big bad union hehe

YellowColoredTrucks said:

last time i did a random it was after a 14 hour shift and with all the traffic and waiting it took around 3 hours till i gothome....and this counted AGAINST my 10 hours in between shifts and i still come to work 10 hours after punching out....(beforethe test..)

i know i didnt have to show up i could have made an excuse that i was tired...but im not that type i went to work anyway....

anyway yea sucks that con-way doesnt pay for randoms....i guess that's one of the benefits of the big bad union hehe
Considering your 17 hour day in your last drug test. What "type" of person would call in to be late or not come in at all?
And yes there is all kind of benefits of being a Teamster Member. We love it!!!! :):)

the type like me that needs the money right now (financial problems on top of potentially getting married soon)

but i swear there should be some kind of void.....if you just worked 14 hours they wont random you....it doesnt defeat the purpose because you didnt know (if they didnt tell you) that you were gonna be randomed anyway so it's not like u can do something about it if ur dirty....or better yet do it BEFORE your shift......

and WHY random drug tests anyway..... what if your doing everything fine....why cant they just drug test you only if you **** up or show reasonable suspicion?....geezz

Random tests

I got tested twice in six weeks. First one I was told at 5 a.m. and had an appointment set for 9:30 a.m. Told the boss I would be out sleeping in the bunk and he should wake me up at 9:15. Nothing like getting 5 1/2 hours of overtime to pee in a bottle and get a good nap. The second one I had to pee in the bottle and do a breath test, I could only soak them for 4 hours of O.T. on that one. I was told that Yellow is the ones that are pulling the names out of the pool for D.O.T. requirements.

Not sure if I read that right, but what type of person would go to a random test after working 14hrs? For starters its not legal. And besides I'm so dehydrated after 14 hrs of Dunkin Donuts coffee, I don't think I could pee anyway. If I don't have 3 hrs available, I won't go.

YellowColoredTrucks said:

It sux that they want you to comply with DOT random testing, but they won't pay for the tests. Also, making you go on your own time is simply outragous. Anytime you do anything in the performance of your job, you should be paid for it. All tests should be on company time or else I would refuse to go. How can a company dictate to you what you should be doing on your personal time? Why would anyone do anything for the company without being compensated? This just sounds like another way of manipulating the worker for the company's benefit.

Animo916 said:
It sux that they want you to comply with DOT random testing, but they won't pay for the tests. Also, making you go on your own time is simply outragous. Anytime you do anything in the performance of your job, you should be paid for it. All tests should be on company time or else I would refuse to go. How can a company dictate to you what you should be doing on your personal time? Why would anyone do anything for the company without being compensated? This just sounds like another way of manipulating the worker for the company's benefit.

true true, you guys are right they should pay for it but they dont....and that's one of the things i miss working for the union....EVERYTHING and ANYTHING was paid so easily hehe.....called in early? overtime lol overtime to sweep trailers, overtime to clean the dock lol

When I was at Preston in Cincinnati we had a Terminal manager for a couple of years who was the D--K of all D--K's.Any one who filed a greviance knew they would be going for a random test with in a week to ten days