Averitt | Rant !!

I spend a whole lot more time behind the wheel of my Averitt truck than I do my personal vehicle, and I know that's a no brainer but I'm a clean freak and I want my ride to shine whenever possible. If I see a nasty truck running down the road it is a reflection on that driver, not his company. I have seen ragged out, faded out, fiberglass flopping older units running down the with clean windows, shiney wheels and even though it had seen it's better days it makes me think that the driver is making the best with what he has to work with. Just my bias red blooded company loving opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried to keep my ride clean as possiable, however if AVERITT does'nt provide me the means to do so.....Mother Nature put the dirt and bugs there, She will take them off. I'll keep the windows and mirrors clean, along with the inside but that is it.:shift:

Taking pride in your job makes you a moron? Color me a moron then. I wash my FedEx truck several times a week. My truck is a reflection of me and my job performance. To each his own. If you don't want to, don't wash yours. Don't hate on someone else because they like to look good.
FedEx also gets paid 30 minutes (or thats the way it used to be) every time they hit a terminal to drop/hook and fuel. With the kind of $$$ that FedEx drivers make (fair wage I might add), I probably wouldn't mind spending my time brushing on the company truck. I am also quite sure that the full 30 minutes pay you get at each yard is sometimes overpaid as you can get the job done in 20 minutes.

I still say that if you are out there washing on your truck for free, you are a moron. This, of course, is after we have sat babysitting the worn out equipment on the side of the road for 2 hours for free then a mighty $14 per hour (after they can find lunch breaks to deduct and the like) or waiting at the terminal before leaving out to get a tire fixed that was at the dock off the rim (just how in the hell does that happen anyway) for next to nothing.

Scrub away clean freaks. I'll keep my windows clean and the inside of my cab clean because that's where I live. As far as the outside....screw it. If it gets extra scrutiny at a scale house...so be it. The chances of that happening are extremely minor.

FedEx also gets paid 30 minutes (or thats the way it used to be) every time they hit a terminal to drop/hook and fuel. With the kind of $$$ that FedEx drivers make (fair wage I might add), I probably wouldn't mind spending my time brushing on the company truck. I am also quite sure that the full 30 minutes pay you get at each yard is sometimes overpaid as you can get the job done in 20 minutes.

It shouldn't matter what a person is paid. It boils down to pride. I was washing and waxing and polishing on my company Peterbilt when I was making .19 a mile.

Guardrail

It shouldn't matter what a person is paid. It boils down to pride. I was washing and waxing and polishing on my company Peterbilt when I was making .19 a mile.

Guardrail

You need a life. Waxing on a company truck? A bit overboard is how I would categorize it.

You might not been aware of this but, you don't have to work at a company to post in that forum. Relax a little and let people have opinions that differ from yours.

Guardrail

Having been a TB member for 5 years, most of that time a paid member, I think I know all the ins and outs TYVM. I used to work at AF back before it was hijacked by FedEx.

It's all about pride, nothing looks better than a clean tractor I don't care who you work for or what you are driving. If I was paid 200.00 a week my truck would still be as clean as possible. I am so glad that my joy is not dependent on who is president, how much I make a week, how much everyone else makes a week, what others think of me, or looking forward to emptying a bootle of booze to hopefully ease the stress of life. I am a child of the King, Jesus Christ, I cast all cares and worries on Him, He is my provider, He has always and will always take care of me. His grace towards me is amazing to say the least, without Him I would be miserable.

Having been a TB member for 5 years, most of that time a paid member, I think I know all the ins and outs TYVM. I used to work at AF back before it was hijacked by FedEx.

So why the complaining about my post. Are you just disgruntled wherever you go?

So why the complaining about my post. Are you just disgruntled wherever you go?
As a member of TB, I have a right to post and comment as I see fit. And if I choose to be disgruntled over being gruntled, who the hell cares? Go kick around your FedEx buddies. We'll take care of this forum.

Lifer be reminded that Guardrail is a highly respected Moderator and he is welcome anywhere he goes and has a right to his opinion in any of those forums he visits. The fact that he works for Fedex is a non-issue.

I dont care who he is. He can go and say whst he wants wherever he wants but so can I. If he chooses to come on my playground and talk trash, he needs to be ready to hear both barrels.
As I woyld expect to hear in AF forum.
Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I'm not worried about your lil' cork gun. I can handle it. I am a little worried about your phone though. It seems to be making up words that don't exist.

BTW-It's Fedex Freight now.

Guardrail

My friend in KNX had a similar setup, blew and destroyed a steer and was replaced with an odd set form another make.