Rappelling Teamsters...

just_asking, you're talking about in-network costs. airhorn4you may have been in a non-network area where the Regence plan only covers 60%

what kind of rinky dink health coverage do they have though i mean can you even afford to use it i think not under the teamster plan it cost $100 when my kid was born under the co. plan it is up to $1200 so it isnt comparibleit cost money out of pocket and it isnt affordable to use and if the plan was so good how come oak h wouldnt provide us with any information on what the plan actually covers including the copays, deductibles max out of pocket all they gave us was thier word and it aint worth spit those that crossed the line werent happy with the health care plan change 11 months ago and if they read it or better yet try to use it will find that they still arent happy with it but its to late for them now

Can anybody read this. Johnny Got His Gun?

I don't know but it sure seem's that the union is lieing. they say one thing and turn around and say something else. i fill that they are just trying to break the company. but they won't.it's is sad that you thought you no your fellow worker's and brothers of the teamster.and all they do is lie about the company........

I don't know but it sure seem's that the union is lieing. they say one thing and turn around and say something else. i fill that they are just trying to break the company. but they won't.it's is sad that you thought you no your fellow worker's and brothers of the teamster.and all they do is lie about the company........

Dude......wtf??

Negotiations Scheduled

Switch "union" and "company" around and this statement might have some relevance.....or not.:duh: My sentiments exactly livlly909.....wtf!?

By the way, the Company asked for a meeting with the union next week!! I believe it is for the last three days of the month. Someone please double check on this and correct me if I'm wrong. The letter was on the bulletin board at the Auburn site today.

Keep up it fellow Teamsters, we will prevail!!!!

The Rock is seeing the light. Why do you think we are in this mess???? Because the union lied our last contract 4 or 5 years ago the union said they would except the contract then at the last minute the union renigged and said we would be on strike the next morning if the company didnt except a different offer. I wonder if that union rep. still has his job??? That was lie #1

In november 08 we voted to give the union the right to call a strike. Which i dont agree with thats to much power to give to anybody. but if you remember in the last CD that the union sent out Al Hobart stated "we will not strike without a vote from the members" That was lie #2

I realize the proposal wasnt what we wanted. But to call a strike with out the members vote was B.S. For a bunch of cigar smoking fat rats to sit around a table and decide the fate of 600 families borders on dictatorship. I think the union was more concerned about there pocket book then ours. Their are many union companys that have company medical.

What will lie #3 be iam guessin on whether this was an UFLP srike or an economic strike better look close at this one.

Well iam done drinkin the union koolaid i think they are a bunch lieing cheatin thugs that have pushed themselves out.
Not to mention the families they have effected shame on them.

JUST MY OPPINION WHILE I CAN STILL VOICE ONE. I KEEP GETTIN A MAIL BOX FULL OF OBAMA CRAP FROM THE UNION CHEAP STUFF WONT EVEN BURN:chairshot:

lone what are you talking about. Are you happy that your pension that you have been working for is frozen? Are you willing to give up decent medical for your family? Are you willing to give up paid timeoff? When teamster companies lose these benefits then all companies lose. The almighty dollar isn't always the answer. Maybe you or your family hasn't had any major medical issues which require decent medical and family time off. But when it hits your doorstep you will understand why it is so important.

lone what are you talking about. Are you happy that your pension that you have been working for is frozen? Are you willing to give up decent medical for your family? Are you willing to give up paid timeoff? When teamster companies lose these benefits then all companies lose. The almighty dollar isn't always the answer. Maybe you or your family hasn't had any major medical issues which require decent medical and family time off. But when it hits your doorstep you will understand why it is so important.

I don't know that members are so upset about the contracts as much as they are upset/confused about the manner in this strike was called. OHFL delivered LB&F on 9/22 afternoon and within 6 hours, 174 was in Aub telling peolple to get out on the strike line. Did you know 174 didn't even tell Joint 28 or other locals about the strike until after they pulled people out of AUB? Even Al H said they wouldn't strike until members voted on a contract and then for 174 to strike was really uncalled for. If 174 is trying to show IBT how much power they have by playing with hard working people and a good company, they really should not be representing anybody or anything. Unions are supposed to represent its members not toy with their livelihood. We'll have to see if there is any changes in the leadership at 174 and 28 in the near future.

I believe that we should have been on strike 11/1/07. I have no problem with this strike other than it was called 10 months to late. We all knew when the last contract went 8 months with no back pay that the company won that round. I am not willing to let the company win again. My livelyhood is at stake. I haven't worked for this company for a lot of years to have nothing to show for it.

I believe that we should have been on strike 11/1/07. I have no problem with this strike other than it was called 10 months to late. We all knew when the last contract went 8 months with no back pay that the company won that round. I am not willing to let the company win again. My livelyhood is at stake. I haven't worked for this company for a lot of years to have nothing to show for it.

I agree........here,here!

There seems to be a lot of union bashing going on lately. It's probably because:

A. This forum has been infiltrated by OHFL management.

or

B. The drivers that crossed the line are trying to justify their
cowardice actions because they know the company isn't going to win this one. Keep convincing yourself, then in your mind it will eventually become reality!

Time heals all. Draft dodgers are forgiven and get elected!(none specified, look it up yourself)

personal perspective

We gave permission last year so the vote was already there, and I also believe it was way too late. as far as the company medical plan goes the real concern for me is that the company not get control. i do not want unilatteral changes as they see fit. dont like the amount they were going to charge me as well, it was not a portion of the premium it was straight up give money back to ohfl.:nutkick:(feels that way) they never asked for us to pay a portion of a premium, i could probably live with that if it was fixed and under union control with caps on increase. that would have been fair.

ART. XI, SEC. 3-ART. XII, SEC. 1
(1) If at least one half of the members eligible to vote
cast valid ballots, then a cumulative majority of those
voting in favor of the final offer shall result in acceptance
of such offer; and a cumulative majority of those
voting against acceptance of the final offer shall authorize
a strike without any additional vote being necessary
for such strike authorization.

ART. XI, SEC. 3-ART. XII, SEC. 1
(1) If at least one half of the members eligible to vote
cast valid ballots, then a cumulative majority of those
voting in favor of the final offer shall result in acceptance of such offer; and a cumulative majority of those voting against acceptance of the final offer shall authorize a strike without any additional vote being necessary
for such strike authorization.

What I highlighted is I think probably the most important part. Members did NOT get to vote for ANY offer. Yes, they did vote to authorize IBT to call a strike but again, they did NOT get to vote for an offer so I don't think this one is valid for this strike.

What I highlighted is I think probably the most important part. Members did NOT get to vote for ANY offer. Yes, they did vote to authorize IBT to call a strike but again, they did NOT get to vote for an offer so I don't think this one is valid for this strike.
Your first mistake is the words 'I think." The second is that it is not a contract strike. Get it into your skull, It is a ULP strike. How often do you need to be told?

Your first mistake is the words 'I think." The second is that it is not a contract strike. Get it into your skull, It is a ULP strike. How often do you need to be told?

You just go ahead and keep saying that if it helps you sleep at night and look at yourself in the mirror in the mornings. Everyone knows what's really up, and any one with integrity is willing to admit it. Go on and strike if you think it's the right thing to do, but just have stones to be straight about it.

I agree........here,here!

There seems to be a lot of union bashing going on lately. It's probably because:

A. This forum has been infiltrated by OHFL management.

or

B. The drivers that crossed the line are trying to justify their
cowardice actions because they know the company isn't going to win this one. Keep convincing yourself, then in your mind it will eventually become reality!

Time heals all. Draft dodgers are forgiven and get elected!(none specified, look it up yourself)

So just so that I understand, this MB is for OHFL employees only and not for management? At first we weren't allowed here if we weren't represented and now we can only post if we are not management?
I am merely questioning the ambiguity of the usage of 'infiltrated.'

The negotiating committee may, with the approval of the
General Executive Board, authorize a strike of such
employer’s involved employees to maintain existing
standards, attain approved standards, or to protest unfair
labor practices of such employer, without any additional
vote.
Does this explain better why there was no vote.

If your little book says that he can hit someone over the head with a rolling pin if he so chooses, you would stand there and let him pop you one?
Just so we know, how many posters on here are striking OHFL employees and how many 'supporters?' You don't have to answer but it would be helpful if you do.