SEFL | "Rappin Ray" passed away

Credits
For those who may not know we lost a fellow driver friday morning, Ray Couch out of South Atlanta known as "Rappin Ray". From all I can gather is he ran into the back of another semi who was stopped for another accident up the road. I know at times it seemed that Ray could try our pataince, but he was a proud man who gave his life for Southeastern along with his family which has a 3rd generation, from what I hear, employeed with us. He always let you know that he was the "#2" man with SEFL and loved to show all he collected through the years with the company as well as a couple of magic tricks. The last time I saw Ray he had been entertaining some city drivers in Jacksonville, and as I left out I told him to go into the dispatch area and get the rest of them drivers strait before he went on, I thought I was going to get shot by them! No matter what you say Ray left an impression on us all and will never be forgotton! We will pray for the Couch family, they need us, and we will always have "Hey Hey I'm Rappin Ray I drive a Chevorlet" on our minds.

For those who may not know we lost a fellow driver friday morning, Ray Couch out of South Atlanta known as "Rappin Ray". From all I can gather is he ran into the back of another semi who was stopped for another accident up the road. I know at times it seemed that Ray could try our pataince, but he was a proud man who gave his life for Southeastern along with his family which has a 3rd generation, from what I hear, employeed with us. He always let you know that he was the "#2" man with SEFL and loved to show all he collected through the years with the company as well as a couple of magic tricks. The last time I saw Ray he had been entertaining some city drivers in Jacksonville, and as I left out I told him to go into the dispatch area and get the rest of them drivers strait before he went on, I thought I was going to get shot by them! No matter what you say Ray left an impression on us all and will never be forgotton! We will pray for the Couch family, they need us, and we will always have "Hey Hey I'm Rappin Ray I drive a Chevorlet" on our minds.

Well said poopoohhead, I never met the man but many in my region have told me what a great person and asset he was to our company. He will be missed by all.........

God bless the Couch family! Ray's odd sense of humer is what will be missed. I heard several stories about Ray staying after work, when he was in city, to collect money for a down and out coworker. He not only stayed a liitle while, but he would stay most of the night and catch all linhaul and breakbulk workers. It is a shame that this happens to a man so close to retirement, and a heart of gold. Rest in peace "Rappin Ray"!

God bless his family. A couple of times ray had come into the shop where i worked and made a general pest of himself ,but you could tell he was a genuinly good man who loved to have fun and stir the pot .godspeed ray! And all my condolences to your family.he was one of a kind

I first meant Ray about 15 years ago. It was 1am at South Atlanta, he was in his city uniform raising money for a coworker. He had work the city that day and stayed over to help a coworker. That was Rapping Ray, God rest your soul...

Ray was a one of a kind man. Always willing to lend a hand. Yes he could be a pest but it was all in good fun. There is a 3rd Generation of the couch's working at SEFL. Rays Son Jason works at Wat as a linehaul driver.

I spoke with Ray just the day before his accident.... sadly we talked of how many years he had (just a couple) until he was going to retire. He will definitely be missed in Florida.
thanks for the laughs Ray....

anybody have an obituary and a picture of him so we can put it in the remembering our friends section?

Mowell Funeral Home > ObituariesMr. Cecil Ray Couch of Tyrone died Friday June 26th, 2009. ..... *If you are interested in any obituaries prior to Janurary 2008 please contact Mowell ...
mowellfuneralhome.com/Obituaries

There are some great comments and stories from friends and family...

Yea this is a little late gettin' on. I worked for SEFL for over 22 years. In South Atlanta and West Atlanta. I knew Ray about the entire time I was there. What a great person. His son also drives for SEFL. Everything said here previously is true to Ray. I had not seen him in a few years but I guarantee he had not changed. I don't know anyone who did not like Ray Couch.