Ravens LB Suggs wins Defensive Player of Year

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Baltimore linebacker Terrell Suggs, the most dynamic player on the Ravens’ staunch defense, has won the 2011 Associated Press NFL Defensive Player of the Year award.

On a team featuring longtime stars Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, Suggs stood out most for a nationwide panel of 50 media members who regularly cover the league. He earned 21 votes, seven more than Minnesota end Jared Allen.

“There is not a harder worker in football than Terrell Suggs,” said Ravens coach John Harbaugh, whose team went 12-4 to win the AFC North. “I don’t think people always understand and realize that because of his personality. This guy takes it very seriously—pass rush, run defense, studying the opposing offense, studying the particulars of the guys he’s going against. To me that’s what makes him great.”

Suggs had 70 tackles, including 14 sacks, and was a threat all over the field from his hybrid linebacker-end position. He also forced seven fumbles and had two interceptions..............

Ravens LB Suggs wins Defensive Player of Year - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Suggs can't tie his shoes without showboating. He may just be the most hated player for me personally.
That's part of the reason why I can't stand the Ravens. They can give up a touchdown, yet celebrate because it was a hard hit at the end of the play.:duh: