RBS Warns: Sell Everything

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SuperCourse, Jan 12, 2016.

1. SuperCourse

SuperCourse Well-Known Member

The markets are driven by 2 emotions, fear and greed, I see fear prevailing going into an election with a Trump and Sanders seen as viable candidates. They both represent uncertainty and the markets don't like uncertainty. Bush or Clinton would calm those fears because they are both pretty much more of the same. Just looking at it from a markets standpoint, politics aside, obviously a President Sanders would be devastating for the markets. So I'm out and sitting in cash until the dust settles on this crazy election cycle. I'm certainly no expert and many experts see the bull market intact, time will tell.

2. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

The Senate blocked an audit of the Fed last week....

3. SuperCourse

What are they afraid of?

jimmy g likes this.
  4. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

:emoticon digging::lmao::fan::hide:

kboomarang likes this.
  5. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

I think it's the ease and speed in which trading is done now has put the small trader out, I saw an article about "nano trading" in which large amounts of a given stock go into play, driving up both interest and value and with minutes of it happening the ones that started it take their money and profit and move on, but if you do have an IRA with a good stable fund company and stay actively on top of it, it's about the only investment out their for normal people, the key being limit the number of funds your spread out in. I plan on sitting out, but paying very close attention to these bounces, their levels, and their patterns as signal when to push in, in percentages 1/4's or 1/3's of my funds value, rather than pushing it all back in at once, it may not maximize profit but will temper any losses.

6. SuperCourse

Yes, I gave up on individual stocks years ago. When I get in the market now it's strictly index funds (John Bogle style) or something conservative like a consumer staples fund. The Peter Lynch buy and hold days are gone.

7. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

People should just send me money to stay away from their stocks, because once I jump in, they usually go bust.
    And I apologize to everyone that I've screwed by jumping in, in advance.
    :hide:

Magoo, Rastus and kboomarang like this.
  8. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Mission accomplished.

9. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Funny. I have the same magic touch myself.
    If asked my advice to younger people would be pay off your house and everything else then worry about the market. I think you'd be better off. Just saying

10. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

There was a good piece on trading a few years back, these groups have super computers attached to super internet hook-ups located right between major trading computers.
    The deal is they see your broker's orders you requested as it is going in to be traded. They buy the stock you want to buy just before you do then sell it to you at a higher price. Same thing on the down side. it all happens in milliseconds . They do millions of trades in a very short time and skim small profits from each trade which becomes big bucks each day.

Rastus and kboomarang like this.
  11. Magoo

I just take that money I want to invest and buy toilet paper with it

Northern Flash likes this.
  12. SuperCourse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front_running

Explanation[edit]
    For example, suppose a broker receives a market order from a customer to buy a large block—say, 400,000 shares—of some stock, but before placing the order for the customer, the broker buys 20,000 shares of the same stock for his own account at $100 per share, then afterward places the customer's order for 400,000 shares, driving the price up to $102 per share and allowing the broker to immediately sell his shares for, say, $101.75, generating a significant profit of $35,000 in just a short time. This $35,000 is likely to be just a part of the additional cost to the customer's purchase caused by the broker's self-dealing

Magoo likes this.
  13. ABFer

I like limit orders all or none for my little purchases. If I was doing bigger orders I'd eliminate the all or none.

14. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

Good advice. I did that years ago, then used the extra money to play in the market. Unfortunately, I'd have been better off rolling up that extra money and wiping my hinder with it.
    Ohhhhhh, what might have been.
    :cuss:

15. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

Dow is below 16,000. Down almost 150 pts today.

16. Magoo

I notice when Oil drops the market drops. Not sure what the motivation is but many businesses will have increased profits with lower oil.
    Oil stocks yes they suck but the others ought to benefit. I know I like it and I had some energy stocks worth nothing now. Saving ten bucks on a fillup offsets the loss for my little portfolio.

ABFer likes this.
  17. ABFer

It was down worse than that, it recovered and usually gives a bounce in the afternoon. On a different note my CAG, MO, and DOW were all up today. :shrug: And AAPL is a good buy right now.

18. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

Bond your money. ... sell everything.
    It's all going to hell.

I'm good at this shith....trust me...I prOmise

19. SuperCourse

Got the Fed talking about negative interest rates, just another failure of leadership, it's become so mundane in this pervasive mediocrity big government environment. DOW down another 250 this morning.

20. Magoo

I think real estate is a good place to put your money,
    if you don't know what you're doing I can start a investment fund, send me your mooney
    I'll make you rich in 15 years.
    Scotch drinking cigar smoking rich Guaranteed!