RBS Warns: Sell Everything

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SuperCourse, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

( And buy guns)

Magoo likes this.
  2. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

The DOW was down a bit Thursday and Friday, I think less than 100 pts total, up 209 pts here at 1300 today.

3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

So that's where my anger comes from.
    :biglaugh:

4. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Anyone with a lick of common sense would do that.

5. ABFer

And today the DOW is down 212 at 1500, giving up all of its gains from Monday. :ranting2:

6. ABFer

Early in the day the DOW was down like 250 pts yet finished up for the day by 53 pts. Ride the roller coaster. :wee:

7. ABFer

And the DOW is back up over 17,000, I hope you all bought in back when it was down low. Buy low, sell high. :wee:

Magoo likes this.
  8. ABFer

The DOW is up 120 points today and closed at 17,602, not back to its 52 week high but it is doing OK. AAPL is up over 105, big MO 61.54 and DOW Chemical at 51.66, wish I'd had more money and gotten more of that at 43. :wee:

Rastus likes this.
  9. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

It does seem to be making advances on what seem to be contrary numbers, oil is up currently but I've heard some speculate that it will probably drop again because nothing other than price has changed, predictions on first quarter numbers aren't too rosy and the high dollar exchange rate will play into that, I've heard some say that whats driving it is the quest for dividend paying stocks, I pushed about a 1/3 of my IRA into the index when it was at 15800 and I'm tempted to go back to the cash fund till it drops again, buy low sell high I guess.

ABFer likes this.
  10. ABFer

The one thing you have to watch there is that some funds charge fees for moving in and out in less than 60 or 90 days. But it could be worth the fees and just call it a cost of doing business.

11. kboomarang

kboomarang My allah, between pie and mode

I'll have to check on that 60-90 day for sure, but I don't think I do pay any fees, I know I paid more in commission 20 some years ago to get into the fund because it's an "A" share fund, that has less fees over its life. When I worked at the postal contractor we got $5.25 an hour health and welfare which was used for your healthcare or for guys like me that already had health insurance it was put into a 401 plan which was all through a 3rd party benefit management company, good god the monthly fees they charged were obscene, all the guys over 59-1/2 would drain it every quarter just to get away from the fees, otherwise you couldn't roll it over if you were still working there.

ABFer likes this.
  12. ABFer

Aaannnddddd the DOW closes up another 83 points today at 17,716 :wee: AAPL seems to like the gubment break-in as the price climbed about $4.00/share the last two days. With a PE of 11.66 this one is still a good buy. Big MO is not as good a buy as it was back when the market was down but it is a steady performer. DOW is not looking too shabby either with a PE of 8.37 and a dividend yield of 3.59%. Wish I'd have gotten more of that when I bought in. It's still got that pending merger with EI Dupont.

13. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

Obama's been very very good to you

ABFer likes this.
  14. ABFer

15. Magoo

Simple really its good steady leadership and confidence in the nation, that always outperforms replays of bad ideas and blustery rhetoric.

16. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

There are two kinds of people who own stocks. Those who are rich, and those who want to be rich. The Fed essentially pushed $3 trillion into the pockets of people who already have more money than god, and a bunch of wannabe Warren Buffets. Since that money was the product of inflationary practices, it used to be yours. It came out of your bank account and your wallet, and you’re never getting it back. If you ever wondered why wealth inequality is so off the charts in America, now you know one of the reasons.
    Delivered by The Daily Sheepl

17. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook

More like Dems print money and spend it on Government Grants to private industry. Then Repubs come along (to supposedly) rein in the corrupt spending. I said supposedly, because in reality, they simply shift it to things they want funded. Thus, the rise of Cruz, and the Tea Parties- to oppose the irresponsible spending.

18. SuperCourse

SuperCourse WHO IS JOHN GALT?

There is no real recovery until this turns up. The patient is still bed ridden hooked up to life support.

[​IMG]

19. ABFer

I definitely fall into the category of the latter. Being the peon that I am I am just thankful that I have held my own and not gone broke.

20. Magoo

I made a few bucks on things I did in the market and I mean a few because I was working with chump change. But always came out ahead.
    But then they got me, here came a great opportunity to buy oil stocks so what if oil dropped to $80 a barrell buy it now and in a few months it will go back over a hundred for sure seen it happen a hundred times. Whoops! :wtflol:

:438: glad it was only chump change