Yellow | RDD Units (QUAILCOM)

Toxic

TB Veteran
Credits
In your facility do you use the RDD units? (671 does) If so is there any other communication between you and the dispatcher? Or does he just dump to much of a work load on you RDD?

At 671 the will send you out with 20 stops and not even have you ready at your start time. Wait 30min sometimes and hold you up all they can. Truck not road ready. *flat*bad door* whatever. And by 12 noon have 10 closing on you by 2pm. And all they do is peck on the RDD and send it to you and don't even think of telling them you cant GET IT ALL....

Please don't think I am over stating this please... this happens on a daily basis at 671 P&D

671CityBoy said:
In your facility do you use the RDD units? (671 does) If so is there any other communication between you and the dispatcher? Or does he just dump to much of a work load on you RDD?

At 671 the will send you out with 20 stops and not even have you ready at your start time. Wait 30min sometimes and hold you up all they can. Truck not road ready. *flat*bad door* whatever. And by 12 noon have 10 closing on you by 2pm. And all they do is peck on the RDD and send it to you and don't even think of telling them you cant GET IT ALL....

Please don't think I am over stating this please... this happens on a daily basis at 671 P&D

671, they will dump as much work on you as they can and wait for you to call and say you can't make the pickups. I don't worry about picking up the phone and letting my dispatcher know I can't get it all done.
There are only so many hours in a day and the freight can only come off the truck so fast.

ohhh I Do

I do that already CFer. My name is MUD when it comes to the Teamster Bosses and the City Dispatchers HAAAAA Heck I would even wait until they were almost close before I told them. SInce they cant plan anything I also cant plan anything.

At 120 they also have cell phones provided. Seems everything works pretty smoothly there in the city operation. But I could be wrong. I know when I was in the city, if you couldn't pick something up, they send out a city switcher.(yard, city combo guy). And if there really swamped, they pull yard guys out on the street.

we HAD!! them

serta said:
At 120 they also have cell phones provided. Seems everything works pretty smoothly there in the city operation. But I could be wrong. I know when I was in the city, if you couldn't pick something up, they send out a city switcher.(yard, city combo guy). And if there really swamped, they pull yard guys out on the street.

We used to have Nextel but after RDD came they cut them off. The City Dispatchers there do no planing at all. They try to put it on the drivers like it is his responsibility to get it all done. And figure out weither to cut off and pick up. What they try to push and some chickens fall for it is to get it all and dont miss any pick up and dont bring anything back.....

They do that to us a 164 But they have no Idea of the area so you can go someplace to make a pickup and there is someone there making a dely. and For some reason Roadway thought they would save some money and they dispatch us out of 153 doesnt make no sense to me it just a big joke

Toxic said:

Welcome

bighead said:
They do that to us a 164 But they have no Idea of the area so you can go someplace to make a pickup and there is someone there making a dely. and For some reason Roadway thought they would save some money and they dispatch us out of 153 doesnt make no sense to me it just a big joke
Welcome to the Truckingboards bighead!! Jump in any time and have some fun!!! Check out the rules. I didnt and WOW lol it was not to bad...:Banane01:

Toxic said:
Why are you worried about RDD, there 671CB......er Toxic? Do you remember how to use one??:razz: And tell us all about this "......workload load" that gets "dumped" on you??:14: LOL!! Too bad the inventor of RDD got moved to Richmond!! DS.

I thought

Docksteward said:
Why are you worried about RDD, there 671CB......er Toxic? Do you remember how to use one??:razz: And tell us all about this "......workload load" that gets "dumped" on you??:14: LOL!! Too bad the inventor of RDD got moved to Richmond!! DS.
I thought he invented the Internet?

Toxic said:
I thought he invented the Internet?
Well.........that too. I do know he made Miami RDWY the best damn P+D operation in the whole company. It would have worked at 671 but you guys wouldn't "play the game". :bananalama: DS.

I have

Docksteward said:
I hear ya, big guy. Have you figured out how to "hack" that thing yet?? DS.
Hang it out the window and drive through the wash bay :roll1:

Docksteward said:
lol, I didn't work on them long enough to figure that out. Only I figured out was how to cross the wires and short it out.:27:

I'll get into a city unit every once in a while and start pushing buttons.........all it does is "beep beep". DS.

Docksteward said:
I'll get into a city unit every once in a while and start pushing buttons.........all it does is "beep beep". DS.

Just don't push the big red self destruct button:hide: :hide:

Run Ds Run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Docksteward said:
Like CFer said you must have pushed the red button when you heard the beeps. That is why I seen you running across the yard. Cuz it sure was not for working hard LOL :razz: :Banane01: :Banane01:

Docksteward said:
Just in case anyone wants to know some good inf. On your RDD you'll see Status in this section if you see 0001 they are tracking you! It should read good if their not!