Yellow | RDD Units (QUAILCOM)

thegr8one said:
Just in case anyone wants to know some good inf. On your RDD you'll see Status in this section if you see 0001 they are tracking you! It should read good if their not!

Yea I heard that also about the RDD showing 001.
Who know, who cares.
At 120 we have Nextel phones because of the big area we cover, and all the City-Switchers going out all the time.
For the most part we use the phones for driver to driver stuff.
We tend to help each other out.
Someone is always buried and somone will have nothing.
So we split pickups up ourselves so no one guy is getting killed working lots of OT.
The rest of the time we use them for keeping each otheer informed about traffic, and good looking women!

Hi guys. At 321, we have RDD and Nextel. If extras are needed, they pull from the dock since our city, dock, & switchers are all on the same board.

F1Flagger said:
Yea I heard that also about the RDD showing 001.
Who know, who cares.
At 120 we have Nextel phones because of the big area we cover, and all the City-Switchers going out all the time.
For the most part we use the phones for driver to driver stuff.
We tend to help each other out.
Someone is always buried and somone will have nothing.
So we split pickups up ourselves so no one guy is getting killed working lots of OT.
The rest of the time we use them for keeping each otheer informed about traffic, and good looking women!
Like I said we have no Nextel now. Several drivers use there personal cell phones now to do what we did with the Nextels...Divide up pick ups and stuff...And cry about a $400.00 bill....I told them they have totally lost there mind. I don't use my cell for company business at all.....

Toxic said:
Like I said we have no Nextel now. Several drivers use there personal cell phones now to do what we did with the Nextels...Divide up pick ups and stuff...And cry about a $400.00 bill....I told them they have totally lost there mind. I don't use my cell for company business at all.....
I agree with you toxic, Those city guys who used their personal phones have blown a gasket. In the rdd driver can request directions for pick ups.

thegr8one said:
I agree with you toxic, Those city guys who used their personal phones have blown a gasket. In the rdd driver can request directions for pick ups.
Oh yeah??? they do not and never have got that function working for us. What a shame!!!

thegr8one said:
Use it enough that I write off at the end of the year.
Next time I'll knock that :moped: out of my way and grab the cutie of the back!

serta said:
Use it enough that I write off at the end of the year.
Next time I'll knock that :moped: out of my way and grab the cutie of the back!
Serta you might want to get a better accounted, I've been writing off my cell phone since I started at the Big R. Plus it's not being used for Roadway except for work call!:27: What color thong did cutie have on that day?:robot:

Rdd

Toxic said:
In your facility do you use the RDD units? (671 does) If so is there any other communication between you and the dispatcher? Or does he just dump to much of a work load on you RDD?

At 671 the will send you out with 20 stops and not even have you ready at your start time. Wait 30min sometimes and hold you up all they can. Truck not road ready. *flat*bad door* whatever. And by 12 noon have 10 closing on you by 2pm. And all they do is peck on the RDD and send it to you and don't even think of telling them you cant GET IT ALL....

Please don't think I am over stating this please... this happens on a daily basis at 671 P&D

Thought that was only happening @ 657, supervisor doesn't have a clue and freight isn't being loaded together. Hell I back strip my run daily just to **** them off, but what really makes me wonder that our TM doesn't have a freakin clueto what is going on is on a friday he is dispatching drivers all spread out traffic backed the hell up with people trying to get to the outta banks (OBX). I'm sitting on the overpass on the interstate and I am waving :wavey: at another driver on the interstate both of us stuck in traffic going to
make the same pick up.

Another funny thing is they ask where are you now? I tell them you tell me since you watching the RDD. I'll park it at the customer and go walk over to Hardee's and take my break since he wants to know where I am @
:hysterical:

bigrman said:
Hi guys. At 321, we have RDD and Nextel. If extras are needed, they pull from the dock since our city, dock, & switchers are all on the same board.
Hey bigrman........Welcome to the boards. At 671 our P+D, switchers and dock are in the "City" classification and work the same way as you guys. DS.

bigrman said:
Welcome to Truckingboards bigrman... spread the word at your facility about us here....We have fun and we also can see what is going on at other Roadway Terminals.....

screwy louiey said:
Thought that was only happening @ 657, supervisor doesn't have a clue and freight isn't being loaded together. Hell I back strip my run daily just to **** them off, but what really makes me wonder that our TM doesn't have a freakin clueto what is going on is on a friday he is dispatching drivers all spread out traffic backed the hell up with people trying to get to the outta banks (OBX). I'm sitting on the overpass on the interstate and I am waving :wavey: at another driver on the interstate both of us stuck in traffic going to
make the same pick up.

Another funny thing is they ask where are you now? I tell them you tell me since you watching the RDD. I'll park it at the customer and go walk over to Hardee's and take my break since he wants to know where I am @
:hysterical:

Man that sounds like our operation.... And guess what??? I have waited for a dock to make a delivery and I was waiting on a Roadway to move.... And they still ask are you done yet....

Docksteward said:
Well.........that too. I do know he made Miami RDWY the best damn P+D operation in the whole company. It would have worked at 671 but you guys wouldn't "play the game". :bananalama: DS.

Now Richmond is the BEST TERMINAL NOW!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Personally I can't understand why anyone would use their personal phone for company business.(except if you are a Steward)
They are always *****ing abouot the cost of the phones.
Hey let them get rid of them and see the mess they will have.
No one to give directions out to other guys.
Try finding a pay phone anymore. You could spend an hour looking for one!

Toxic said:
Now Richmond is the BEST TERMINAL NOW!!!!!!!!!! LOL
I gotta get with Screwie Louie to find out what's up at 162 since "walking eagle" took the ranes from Tom L. I'm sure they are making history up there now!!:mf_monkey: DS.

What we called him

Docksteward said:
I gotta get with Screwie Louie to find out what's up at 162 since "walking eagle" took the ranes from Tom L. I'm sure they are making history up there now!!:mf_monkey: DS.

"Walking Eagle" that is a first for me. We called him COCHEESE!!!!!!!