TForce | Re-Branding STOPPED!

You are right time will tell. The big boys were in Houston a month back and they told us it was because our equipment was so worn they did not want to waste money. Sounds good, just never heard what they plan on doing anything other than stopping the rebranding. Maybe sell the Company is an option?

Yes UPS has decided buying us was a mistake, and they are currently negotiating with a junk dealer, too sell us, so this dealer could manufacture paperweights and paperclips......:hysterical:

How's that for a rumor.

freight levels are down everywhere. the economy is slow.

Freight level's may be down, but it is busy in the north, we cannot keep up sometimes. Even with new hires.

If they expect a 1% gain over the next several years, that will be a big chunk of change.

And could be alot of freight, at random, for us.

Has any of you been picking up things you would not normally pick up on your city run's?

Meaning different customers, picking up for states you would not normally? and if you have this is just a beginning.

Maybe are new name will be Penske!!!
On the road I dont even look for blue/gray or brown/silver.... its white or yellow now.

In DAL we must have 20 or so sleepers from them plus additional single cabs. I should get some Penske stock.

It will be a sad day, though, when the get us back in the slow truck.

Yup Accelerator the looks and laughs I get when I carry a small package to a customer.
While they are checking out my day cab,and 48 foot route trailer.

You know the standard question is always.
UPS needs such a big truck to deliver my small package?

I always answer back the same old thing.

UPS pays me to drive this rig on my route,and your on my route,so please print your name on the top line here,and sign on the bottom line.

I usualy have to point out where they sign.

Even though we don't have big DR's people can't figure out where they have to sign?

Some customers don't get that they have to sign anything,after all we are UPS,they don't always need signatures?

Gee wiz give me a break,I only go by the UPS incentive policy,do what I'm told to do,or get fired.

The big thing is I can't understand why any customer at the origin,would be willing to shell out the money to use freight, rather than parcel?

I've already posted on this topic,of union companies showing a loss before they are going into negotiations for a new contract.

When I was a Teamster between 1966,and 1986 this was a favorite tactic of all the union LTL trucking companies.
You think they want the Teamsters to know they are really raking in the big bucks,just before barganing talks on a new contract?

No way they want to have all their workers feeling sorry for their loss,so they will go easy on asking for to much more for wages,and benefits.

Skeeter, You are correct. They wish their decision was just like these computers and could hit the redo button. It will cost them as much to fix the Company as they did to purchase Gordon's folly.

Skeeter, You are correct. They wish their decision was just like these computers and could hit the redo button. It will cost them as much to fix the Company as they did to purchase Gordon's folly.

The way I see it UPS is slowly taking over. Through you don't see a lot happening on the outside. But under the hood there is all kind of things going on. I think what brass we have left will conform or be gone.
:funky:

Yup Accelerator the looks and laughs I get when I carry a small package to a customer.
While they are checking out my day cab,and 48 foot route trailer.

You know the standard question is always.
UPS needs such a big truck to deliver my small package?

I always answer back the same old thing.

UPS pays me to drive this rig on my route,and your on my route,so please print your name on the top line here,and sign on the bottom line.

I usualy have to point out where they sign.

Even though we don't have big DR's people can't figure out where they have to sign?

Some customers don't get that they have to sign anything,after all we are UPS,they don't always need signatures?

Gee wiz give me a break,I only go by the UPS incentive policy,do what I'm told to do,or get fired.

The big thing is I can't understand why any customer at the origin,would be willing to shell out the money to use freight, rather than parcel?

It is the same in the north, I cannot believe how many people look at the DR'S for 10-20 seconds and still cannot figure out where too sighn and print.

Its truely amazing...

Mabe, just mabe after YOU become their only p&d carrier, it will become automatic where to sign without hesitation.You have to take the lead & show them as a professional p&d guy` what to do if necessary.Perhaps as long as it takes to get all of the re branding done!!! Give `em a break................

The way I see it UPS is slowly taking over. Through you don't see a lot happening on the outside. But under the hood there is all kind of things going on. I think what brass we have left will conform or be gone.
:funky:

Well I think you are rite about what you are saying, as well as quoting others who work for UPS , it takes a while for things too happen , but UPS will get her done. And it may be a while before everything starts too show....

UPS is taking over very slowly. We are going to see a lot of old heads fall in September. I heard that is when they make the last installements to Gordon and his group:butt kiss: . Richmond will likely loose about 20% by 2008. Big Brown will gobble up those departments:hide: