TForce | Re-Branding STOPPED!

When I went to Pittsburg PA. for the safety training certification program last August.
I had to submit forms for reimbursement of my meals,and travel expences to UPS.
My TM took care of sending it to the proper place.
When I got my check it was cut ,and sent from Atlanta, Ga.
So I thought our payroll had left Richmond,and gone to Atlanta?

Proud Overniter is just leftover from the Overnite when lots of trash talk was going on the boards during the 98 strike.

All checks are now cut by UPS Atlanta. Payroll, expense, vendor, cargo claims, casualty claims, etc. Richmond enters the amount, but the check is cut in Atlanta. Some stuff is still cut locally, but the big chunk comes from Atlanta.

Benefits going to Atlanta? No idea but it wouldnt surprise me since we are on the UPS plan anyway.

Rebranding, no idea.

And not a word was mentioned this week about the races here this weekend. And we now know why, DJ and Toyota and MWR sucketh mucheth.

Do you guys really get into Nascar that much? Met a Fedex driver who was a life long follower of some guy(don't know the names) but switched to the company guy. Doesn't seem to be that much of a fan if he jumps ship.Thats like being a cowboy fan(if you can believe) and then move to NY and all of a sudden be a giant fan. You just can't be that serious.

I've always been a Jeff Gordon fan since he came out of the open wheel divivsion.
But when we were rebranded I bought a UPS racing cap,on the internet.
I wore it one day at work,and my TM said no UPS gear is to be worn other then company issue.
So thats 14 bucks down the drain,because Jeff Gordon is still my driver,I also like Jimmy Johnson for my second choice.
As far as Dale Jarrett he has it made in the shade,he gets to cruise around out of harms way to show off our companys bill board in every race.
As far as I can see his only requirement is to drive fast enough by himself to qualify for each race.
(RACE)I'm not sure if Dale even knows the meanning of that word anymore.
He just goes for a Sunday drive, collects his pay check,and laughs all the way to the bank.
Maybe not,he more than likely has direct deposit!

Whoops (D.J.) Dale Jarrett DQ'ed the Richmond race.
He didn't make the field this weekend to ride around showing off our companys rolling billboard.
Its bad enough when he uses the smith system of defensive driving during every race he runs.

But he at least qualifys the car.
UPS can't be happy that the cars sitting in the garage out of sight, out of mind of the nextell racing public?
I bet his boss has had a little chit chat with him over this boo-bo.

Logo

We heard one color, one logo. All brown, no confederate gray. We will all be classed as feeder drivers. Also same pay scale. We can only hope. One company , one union, one contract. If they want us all to have a positive attitude make us feeder drivers w/ there pay. We will be the best in the business.

We heard one color, one logo. All brown, no confederate gray. We will all be classed as feeder drivers. Also same pay scale. We can only hope. One company , one union, one contract. If they want us all to have a positive attitude make us feeder drivers w/ there pay. We will be the best in the business.

Boy , I guess the rumor's are still flying around in nevada, someone give them some penacillin, we do not want this too spread again. Hello by the way and welcome too trucking boards.

Laugh about the lack of equipment and no purchases scheduled, but this is not a good sign. The safety in our company has been horrible for years, but lack of tractors and trailers is not going to improve it. They should take some of the profit that they just made and buy a new fleet of trucks. Of course there is not need to buy new equipment if you are going to have shops that are unable to wash or fix them. I pass UPS trucks every day and they are clean, why do they allow us to drive junk with baked on dirt/rust?

Laugh about the lack of equipment and no purchases scheduled, but this is not a good sign. The safety in our company has been horrible for years, but lack of tractors and trailers is not going to improve it. They should take some of the profit that they just made and buy a new fleet of trucks. Of course there is not need to buy new equipment if you are going to have shops that are unable to wash or fix them. I pass UPS trucks every day and they are clean, why do they allow us to drive junk with baked on dirt/rust?

the primary reason we all see their trucks gleaming is because they have what they call "car washers". this is a position offered to a driver usually with high senority, sort of like driving a trailer for them. it's basically a dept. that works evenings and overnight and their sole purpose is to powerhose & clean most if not all the entire fleet everyday. it's a cake job where the driver is winding down his time to retirement. don't you wish us in the LTL business could have the same opportunity instead of delivering frt. till the very end !

as far as the beat-up equipment, that's another story. UPS always buys new eq. every couple of years. i worked there for 4 years part-time so i have seen them dump & purchase new stuff alot.

Thanks for the education. That should work for the employee and the company. Yes, I wish we had this option.

Of course there is not need to buy new equipment if you are going to have shops that are unable to wash or fix them. I pass UPS trucks every day and they are clean, why do they allow us to drive junk with baked on dirt/rust?

Having a dirty truck is like a badge of honor. Someone has to promote squaller!!! Besides you're right about not fixing the new stuff too. Sad, very sad.