TForce | Re-Branding STOPPED!

Laugh about the lack of equipment and no purchases scheduled, but this is not a good sign. The safety in our company has been horrible for years, but lack of tractors and trailers is not going to improve it. They should take some of the profit that they just made and buy a new fleet of trucks. Of course there is not need to buy new equipment if you are going to have shops that are unable to wash or fix them. I pass UPS trucks every day and they are clean, why do they allow us to drive junk with baked on dirt/rust?

Well as much as I tend too laugh at our current situation one must understand that even though UPS is calling the shots, we still have too earn our way,. Alot of people now see UPS as the biggest shipper on the planet, with the deepest pockets alive.

Although that statement is not far from the truth UPSF still has to prove itself.
And I do not mean from a driver's prospective, or manager's prospective, or an accountants prospective, but as a whole.

It would be foolish for UPS too take funds from it's own small package entity and contribute those profits too us, never happen , not good business scence.

What they will do is allow us to make monies and make the investors happy by showing some quarterly profit and take some of those profits for rebranding and some for new equipment.

We will solely finance the venture on our own and build a foundation for a strong company, this will take time.....

We have a lot of junk, they new this at purchase, and they now it now, although we joke around and laugh at our silly little jokes at times, this rebranding will take time.

Particularly buying a company that has been finacially starved for a long time.....

Just a thought. Many moons ago when I worked for Brown they came up with this idea to lease all the equipment. Essentially putting the fleet to a Ryder or Penske. The Mechanics Union fought hard to keep it in house. Overall they have done a good job maintaining there equipment. Maybe UPSF has been thinking along this line too. Especially since we are not union yet and could easily put it in place.

Well as much as I tend too laugh at our current situation one must understand that even though UPS is calling the shots, we still have too earn our way,. Alot of people now see UPS as the biggest shipper on the planet, with the deepest pockets alive.

Although that statement is not far from the truth UPSF still has to prove itself.
And I do not mean from a driver's prospective, or manager's prospective, or an accountants prospective, but as a whole.

It would be foolish for UPS too take funds from it's own small package entity and contribute those profits too us, never happen , not good business scence.

What they will do is allow us to make monies and make the investors happy by showing some quarterly profit and take some of those profits for rebranding and some for new equipment.

We will solely finance the venture on our own and build a foundation for a strong company, this will take time.....

We have a lot of junk, they new this at purchase, and they now it now, although we joke around and laugh at our silly little jokes at times, this rebranding will take time.

Particularly buying a company that has been finacially starved for a long time.....

Also keep in mind, when Mike E. say's that our profitability was down last year because of the rebranding ,and the consolidation of "MC "and "O" , And putting Diads into use and the new "Reservation system" and now "safety spenditures", It is all comming off of the bottom line of UPSF. Not UPS. We still have too maintain a profit for the investors, and they did say this would take up too five years or so. I would not worry. We will lease. And the new stuff will bleed into the sytem eventually.

Just a thought. Many moons ago when I worked for Brown they came up with this idea to lease all the equipment. Essentially putting the fleet to a Ryder or Penske. The Mechanics Union fought hard to keep it in house. Overall they have done a good job maintaining there equipment. Maybe UPSF has been thinking along this line too. Especially since we are not union yet and could easily put it in place.

The lease may infact stay in place, and it will be benificial too us if it does .But I do not think it's the end of the world because we stopped rebranding. It's not practical too spend more then you earn.

The lease may infact stay in place, and it will be benificial too us if it does .But I do not think it's the end of the world because we stopped rebranding. It's not practical too spend more then you earn.

I think the whole idea behind the stop re branding rumor is they are going to purchase more and re brand less junk.

Its got to be very hard operating a trucking business in todays economy?
The high cost of operating,and trying to be competitive to have the freight to haul,has got to be a very tricky to figure?
Maybe thats why the highier ups get paid the big bucks?
They are paid for their braniy ideas where we aren't paid to think,only to use our backs.

We are all in the same family just that the parents have all of the responsiblity,and the kids have all of the chores,to earn their allowance.

I think the whole idea behind the stop re branding rumor is they are going to purchase more and re brand less junk.

My question is you could be right, but if you had listened to UPS CEO Mike E**** in the second half quarterly results, they expect UPSF to grow along with Supply Chain only 3 to 4% this year. I'm not a rocket scientist, but if you went out and bought another carrier(s), wouldn't that raise the growth more than 3 to 4%? I guess thats why I'm driving the truck!!! :smilie_132:

When I was a Teamster working for union LTL companies,I remember when one of my TM's said that when any trucking company can clear as lttle as a tenth of a precent on every penny after expenses they are doing good.
That was all the way back in the 60's,to the 80's when the economy was a lot better,and the cost of living wasn't as high as it is now.

So maybe 3 to 4 % is a very realistic profit growth given our competition,costs of operating,and todays economy?

Okay I feel you have something too say, give a little love please....Remember those who have suppoeted you.

Or is this a test of the emergency rumor system, is this only a test?:biglaugh:

Im sorry, I cannot give this Information out. I have been told that if there is a leak, They will personally come see me and take away my orange cone and safety vest.:biglaugh:

Im sorry, I cannot give this Information out. I have been told that if there is a leak, They will personally come see me and take away my orange cone and safety vest.:biglaugh:

That's why you are my highway hero. You are the only one in the company that they told. :hysterical:

Old "O" 28' Strick

I thought the rebranding had stopped? Today I saw an old "O" 28' Strick pup freshly painted/logo'd and full of dings, dents and a few patches. I have to admit it looked better than the rest of the old pups. Amazing what a little paint can do. The inside had new 3/4 plywood, top and bottom. Are we back to painting anything with wheels?

I thought the rebranding had stopped? Today I saw an old "O" 28' Strick pup freshly painted/logo'd and full of dings, dents and a few patches. I have to admit it looked better than the rest of the old pups. Amazing what a little paint can do. The inside had new 3/4 plywood, top and bottom. Are we back to painting anything with wheels?

Yes, They have decided to paint all the old dented up trailers. So the customers can get use to seeing the trailers in that condition. Because it it won't be long before the new trailers will have that OVNT/MC/UPSF look. :hysterical:

You forgot dirty too skeeter. I got a rebranded volvo and trailer. I think the last time they washed the tractor was when they painted it in Feb. The trailer is the same. We do not even have a hose or water spicket outside. Sometimes it looks more like one step forward and six steps back!!!

the rebranding has stopped they are going to sell this loser company called upsfreight to saia and try to forget they ever heard the word overnite....when MikeE and the boards members of ups wake up they will know that this was only a nightmare...