XPO | Re-Inventing the Wheel

eBiTDa

Just hanging out till they lock the gates
Credits
I have been hearing rumblings going on about a terminal down south (XSW), trying a new approach at FAC operations. Something about "Load Engineers" and other do-hickies. I have heard of this same program being implemented at other locations in the near future. Does any one have any more info?

These are supposedly drivers who have been trained in proper loading techniques. They will tell you what your doing wrong.

Can’t wait.
I think I load just fine

5IERnvz.jpg

Everybody thinks everybody else is a bad freight loader and responsible for The damages. Which means we have no bad freight loaders, which should mean we have no damages, or at least minimal.

I know that at least a few of you are lying.
Ever wonder why the experience senior guys always leave with the Primo Hi cubed trailers and the inexperienced new guys always come back with trash trailers? I don’t. I’ve seen trashed Freight sit on the dock all night until it had to go. Yup experienced senior guys are surely the best of the best LOL

I don't think there ever gonna get a handle on these damages. What were they in 2017 around 50 million? I no that's a lot of money but they only pay Pennines on the dollar. For years we've been complaining about loading pratacices and even had the top brass down watching but it's always cram and jam as always. I don't care how you get it on the truck just get it on it. All the heavies no what's going on and they no what kind of help they have. Ther just bouncing the ball with us dumb asses.

I have been hearing rumblings going on about a terminal down south (XSW), trying a new approach at FAC operations. Something about "Load Engineers" and other do-hickies. I have heard of this same program being implemented at other locations in the near future. Does any one have any more info?
The purpose of these folks is to keep forklift drivers on their lift moving freight. They have a set amount of doors they are responsible for and they build decks and add dunnage and straps so the freight flow doesn’t slow down and the dock doesn’t get full of staged freight. They aren’t there to boss anyone, that’s what the sups should be doing. Judging by the amount of stacking, lack of strap usage and trailers loaded with all the safe stack bars at the ceiling I’d say they are needed.

The purpose of these folks is to keep forklift drivers on their lift moving freight. They have a set amount of doors they are responsible for and they build decks and add dunnage and straps so the freight flow doesn’t slow down and the dock doesn’t get full of staged freight. They aren’t there to boss anyone, that’s what the sups should be doing. Judging by the amount of stacking, lack of strap usage and trailers loaded with all the safe stack bars at the ceiling I’d say they are needed.
I see it as a good thing, anything that can be done to avert damage is plus to our customers.