XPO | Re-Training on how to load trailers

If they start writing up for damages this first thing I'd do is mark everything damaged.
Your a fool not to. I have been doing that from day one. When the new handhelds came in perfectly wrapped in black shrink wrap I wrote the skid up damaged and the FOS flipped out.Let the inbound do what they want with it my butt is covered.This is a stress free job when you know how to play the game LOL

Your a fool not to. I have been doing that from day one. When the new handhelds came in perfectly wrapped in black shrink wrap I wrote the skid up damaged and the FOS flipped out.Let the inbound do what they want with it my butt is covered.This is a stress free job when you know how to play the game LOL
Cough cough. Been doing it for a long time.

If they start writing up for damages this first thing I'd do is mark everything damaged.

Yeah R that sounds like a great plan on the surface to keep them from having too many damages pinned on you. However, the only problem w/ that tactic is that they could terminate you for lying on your HH notes when you enter every shipment as being damaged when in truth only every other shipment is actually damaged. Either way they win.

Yeah R that sounds like a great plan on the surface to keep them from having too many damages pinned on you. However, the only problem w/ that tactic is that they could terminate you for lying on your HH notes when you enter every shipment as being damaged when in truth only every other shipment is actually damaged. Either way they win.
Damage is subjective.

I thought with the new handheld you had to take a picture of damage. Tm complained that I didn't markup enough. He told me to markup anything I thought could be damaged by the next guy. So I marked up everything till they complained I did to much. If they fire for damages they soon won't have any drivers.

Damage is subjective.

I don't want to seem to be argumentative w/ you R, but I just have to disagree w/ you on this one. While there are some cases where there is doubt as to real damage to certain shipments...I'll give you that ... no doubt about it. However, there is nothing subjective for interpretation concerning other blatantly obvious damage to other shipments. Take for example a 55 gal. drum. when the load is backed in and the I/b guy opens the overhead and there's liquid all over everything cause the loader neglected to place a piece of corrugated under the drum that consequently got punctured in rout cause a of a nail in the floor.. that's damage. Another example...a guy picks up a ctn of 8 foot fluorescent tubes and nothing but white powder and tiny shards of glass come out of a hole in the ctn while the guy picks up the ctn off the floor...that's damage.

I don't want to seem to be argumentative w/ you R, but I just have to disagree w/ you on this one. While there are some cases where there is doubt as to real damage to certain shipments...I'll give you that ... no doubt about it. However, there is nothing subjective for interpretation concerning other blatantly obvious damage to other shipments. Take for example a 55 gal. drum. when the load is backed in and the I/b guy opens the overhead and there's liquid all over everything cause the loader neglected to place a piece of corrugated under the drum that consequently got punctured in rout cause a of a nail in the floor.. that's damage. Another example...a guy picks up a ctn of 8 foot fluorescent tubes and nothing but white powder and tiny shards of glass come out of a hole in the ctn while the guy picks up the ctn off the floor...that's damage.
The skid is part of the shipment. Broken board? Damage. I kid you not. Torn corner on carton? Damage.

I'll believe it when I see it. Assuming they do start terminating they'll be opening a can of worms like people wouldn't believe.
You can find the article if you put in xpo logistics news and tab over to news. It will be in an article called today supply chain and logistic new way Feb 8th 2016. It's about midway through

That would be the only way to figure out who does what, and than they would need hundreds of people to go back through video and try to find the exact time it was damaged:regretful:
I haven't been following this thread, but I have been saying we need cameras at our terminals for a LONG time now. Ever since they did away with qc's, performance has gone down and screwing off has gone up. No more accountability.
They used the qc position to groom for spvsr positions.

If they would install cameras on a half a dozen fac's and record for a month, they would get more than enough footage to make a video of freight getting damaged, and people screwing off. Then use another month or so of video to make examples of some "dead weight" employees, and make it well known. After that, they could install dummy cameras at other locations, probably turn the original cameras off, AND SAVE $$$MILLIONS!!!!!

I haven't been following this thread, but I have been saying we need cameras at our terminals for a LONG time now. Ever since they did away with qc's, performance has gone down and screwing off has gone up. No more accountability.
They used the qc position to groom for spvsr positions.

If they would install cameras on a half a dozen fac's and record for a month, they would get more than enough footage to make a video of freight getting damaged, and people screwing off. Then use another month or so of video to make examples of some "dead weight" employees, and make it well known. After that, they could install dummy cameras at other locations, probably turn the original cameras off, AND SAVE $$$MILLIONS!!!!!
It really all boils down to two things : Integrity and Accountability. Do you have the integrity to hold yourself accountable?

if the box has a crease in it,then its damaged in my book!

If integrity is what gets me in the unemployment line, should I expect to see you there too?

Maybe, maybe not. If you are questioning my personal integrity, think again. I have owned up to my mistakes.. One got me written up with points and the other disqualified me from TDC for that year. I guess you could say I'm a little jaded by the whole "integrity through accountability" B.S.

Maybe, maybe not. If you are questioning my personal integrity, think again. I have owned up to my mistakes.. One got me written up with points and the other disqualified me from TDC for that year. I guess you could say I'm a little jaded by the whole "integrity through accountability" B.S.
Not questioning your integrity driver. I simply commented on something that this company has a mass shortage of.

Regardless of my capacity, or the role I play in life and work I believe in "leading by example", between the way I was raised and the military, that is what is instilled in me. Behavior and attitude are infectious, both good and bad.

This place has flat pissed me off from time to time through the years, but I'll continue to stand by certain principles that have got me this far.

Again, I am not questioning your integrity, but would you have felt better going to the tdc, knowing you got away with something?

By the way, owning your mistakes speaks of your integrity, and I agree with you. I've shot myself in the foot a few times too. It's a hard pill to swallow, but what the hell, we're still here so it didn't break us.