XPO | Re-Training on how to load trailers

I REMEMBERED !! I load the trailer right strapped the tall electric panel to the wall, with 3 straps FOS comes out has dockworker and himself pull everything off to put a late arrival in the nose the dock worker nor the FOS did not strap it back. The panel fell and was crushed and bent with a refusal and broke another shipment of glassware along with some corn syrup of another customer. The next day all 3 was in OSD they call me in to give me an LOI, not this cat you and the dockworker failed the process. Do you remember now!! I told the SCM in front of FOS and DW that they failed to follow the Holy Grail (standard works) and they needed the correction not me Well 2 LOI's are written up and I did not get one, but I will pay dearly with retaliation from the FOS, which has become common practice!!!
I feel for ya, blue! I saw that crap way too many times there. I was an extra-board city driver, and only had to make a night run to the FAC maybe a dozen times in my three years there. Way to stand up for yourself when they were clearly trying to pin it on you!

I REMEMBERED !! I load the trailer right strapped the tall electric panel to the wall, with 3 straps FOS comes out has dockworker and himself pull everything off to put a late arrival in the nose the dock worker nor the FOS did not strap it back. The panel fell and was crushed and bent with a refusal and broke another shipment of glassware along with some corn syrup of another customer. The next day all 3 was in OSD they call me in to give me an LOI, not this cat you and the dockworker failed the process. Do you remember now!! I told the SCM in front of FOS and DW that they failed to follow the Holy Grail (standard works) and they needed the correction not me Well 2 LOI's are written up and I did not get one, but I will pay dearly with retaliation from the FOS, which has become common practice!!!
Well if this starts happening at my TM I guess I'll dock everything. We are not a FAC but if they are going to get this pricky about it then I will dock all the freight I unload.

I dare them to stop scoring the TM on the cube of all the trailer for one week. We will still use the decks and load to the work standard but drop the cube requirement for one week and see if the damages go down. I believe the FOS are the one causing most of the damages by have a dockwork cram it in to make sure they make there cube score

No doubt cube causes a fair amount of damage. Unloading inbound trailers on our dock 90 percent of the damage I see is caused by improper loading, ie no strap, no decks, etc. Generally speaking the trailers I'm unloading, full and secure is better than loose and not.

I dare them to stop scoring the TM on the cube of all the trailer for one week. We will still use the decks and load to the work standard but drop the cube requirement for one week and see if the damages go down. I believe the FOS are the one causing most of the damages by have a dockwork cram it in to make sure they make there cube score

True and not true. I see many senior drivers load trailers like ::shit:: half-full and half-empty just so they can leave the FAC early and stop at the truck stop and get some food and sleep for a half-hour before driving on back home.

True and not true. I see many senior drivers load trailers like :::shit::: half-full and half-empty just so they can leave the FAC early and stop at the truck stop and get some food and sleep for a half-hour before driving on back home.
Let's say that's true. Out of all of the issues that get brought up on these forums , this would be the easiest to fix.

When management WANTS to fix a problem they are very effective. They just have to give a damn.

When the tractors were turned down we had some drivers "protesting" by making their run in a lower gear and showing up later than they should have to the FAC - the trucks' computer was checked and the drivers were let go and I've never heard of that problem again. EFFECTIVE.

Last edited:
proving who damaged what is and always has been the problam
It seems like it would be difficult to catch people destroying freight or improperly loading freight.......when the supervisors are busy riding around on a forklift, moving freight themselves.
Just sayin'.

It seems like it would be difficult to catch people destroying freight or improperly loading freight.......when the supervisors are busy riding around on a forklift, moving freight themselves.
Just sayin'.
Northern Flash , someone can correct me if I am wrong , but I'm reasonably sure supervisors going above and beyond and getting on a forklift doesn't happen much - I would say it's rare.

It might not happen everywhere, but I know for sure that it happens at some terminals. (on the outbound)
If there is any honesty on this board, it will get verified by others.

It might not happen everywhere, but I know for sure that it happens at some terminals. (on the outbound)
If there is any honesty on this board, it will get verified by others.

We had an FOS that would hop on a forklift and finish up loads during the FAC. He usually would if they were slammed and had limited help..so it was pretty rare but I still did a double take when I saw it.

We have a supervisor that rides a lift to. I always ask him if he was certified to operate that power lift truck which we both know that he was not.
I had a fos (still works here) hook my set for me one night when I first started. It was pouring rain, hooking a sleeper on a real short side. He doesn't have a cdl either!

Yep. Ours use to jump on a jeep and help get loads closed... Until a Dsr complained. Taking away work from the drivers. Couldn't believe it.
Only thing I see fos do on a motor is clean up dunnage. When they close a load, that's what they do, close the door!

I had a fos (still works here) hook my set for me one night when I first started. It was pouring rain, hooking a sleeper on a real short side. He doesn't have a cdl either!
Wow. Sounds like a decent person. All I can say is only difference between POS and some FOS's is one letter. Some you can't work without and some you can't work with.

True and not true. I see many senior drivers load trailers like :::shit::: half-full and half-empty just so they can leave the FAC early and stop at the truck stop and get some food and sleep for a half-hour before driving on back home.
That's one thing I think will be corrected are linehaul driver pulling over and sleeping on the side of the road. Our district VP told us the best night for on-time arrivals and departs at a FAC is a Frday night and one of our linehual drive said that's because they want to get home, Every other night they are sleeping on the side of the road.