Holland | Real Good Union Men In Dudois Pa. ????

REALGEARJAMMER

TB Lurker
Credits
I Am A Driver For Usf Holland In Wilkes-barre Pa. It Was Brought To My Attention Today, 5/15/07, That One Of Our Drivers That Runs Williamsport Saw A Dubois Driver On Reach Road.he Followed The Driver (truck#18694c Trailer#546748 This Is So The Dubois Drivers Will Know It Is Legitimate) Go Into Smurfit Stone .our Driver Went Into The Business To Question What He Was Doing In Our Area. This Is Where It Gets Good. The Dubois Driver Said What Does It Look Like Im Doing Im Making A ****ing Pick Up. Our Driver Said We Our Going To File A Grevince On Him. The Duboise Driver Turned And Laughed At Him And Told Him To Call His Dispatcher .most Of Our Drivers Are Our Ex Red Star Guys And Belive In The Brotherhood.i Hope Its Just One Jerk In Your Barn . If That Is The Case You Guys Should Jump Him When You See Him.if Our Willamsport Driver Was Told To Go Into Dubois Area He Would Look For One Of Your Drivers To Tell Him To Call His Local And File A Grievance. We Must Stick Together . Remember There Is Strength In Numbers.

We border with Dubois out of Erie. Thanks for the info we will keep an eye out for this. We have some x-star people, all of them are good, sensible people, they all fit in. Sorry to hear this happening amongst the rest of the terminals.
Later Stimpy

Why would the driver care if anyone files a grievance on him? If his dispatcher tells him to go to place x and make a pickup he has no choice but to do that. I agree he should have found a WB driver and give him the info. The grievance will be filed against management. I get tired of hearing union people say "I'm going to file a grievance against you" That sounds so childish. A grievance is a tool used to solve differences between labor and management.

Psycho

Dear Sir:
I pray that the rest of the peddle drivers at USF are not ASSHOLES like you appear to be.I suppose if the man was to get fired you fat *** lazy Bastards would be there to support him because he did not do as instructed.

i sure hope you dont work for holland and if you do i would bet you werent a teamster before that. it is a shame that you have to get such good teamster benefits with your **** mentality.:butt kiss: :butt kiss:

Im sorry Im starting with Holland next week and im alittle confused on what the problem was.can someone explain this to me...I was never a union guy and would like to be informed so this doesnt happin to me

Read the rules guys.
(#2 DO NOT resort to childish name calling if someone has a view you do not agree with, attack the subject of a post, not the one who posted it.)

First off this seemed to be handled wrong from the git go.Just ask the guy why hes picking up in your pick up area.After all he was only doing what Holland told him to do in the first place.And the grievance would be filed against Holland. I wasn't there so I am just guessing here a bit but I think the guy doing the pick up or delivery thought the guy asking was a bit off attitude in the way he approached him.If someone is approached with what seems to be an attitude then they are gonna respond with an attitude.Just guessing but I get the impression thats what happened. Sorry if its wrong.
To answer the last guys question of what did the guy do that was wrong.Each terminal has there pick up areas assigned by corporate and when you go to anothers area for pick up or delivery you might be putting one of there guys out of work that day.
When filing a grievance all you need in this instance is the truck numbers and dates and times and places. In hearings the company MUST by contract law supply the information requested.The drivers name and bill number is just extra fuel for the union.Most guys make grievances a personal issue..Do what you are told to do by someone in charge and then report it if you think its wrong and let the other party file for the pay or at least to get the wrong changed so it does't happen again.

if you knew the tm at wbe he don't to go there anyway. wouldn't put anything past him. if he had his way 25 miles radius of wbe terminal. hell even i know that. hey DB hows retirement???

if you knew the tm at wbe he don't to go there anyway. wouldn't put anything past him. if he had his way 25 miles radius of wbe terminal. hell even i know that. hey DB hows retirement???

Retirement is great.Getting ready to go racing and camping this weekend. Come and go as I please,No baby sitting the phone anymore. Lifes great.Hows things up in the hill country?

I doubt that the guy just said "I'll swing in here and grab the Holland freight and take it back to my terminal." You know he was told to do it so you have to do it. We don't know how the initial meeting between the two drivers went which may have had something to do with the confrontation but one thing I agree with is that you don't threaten a Brother with a grievance. Let's save all those for the company.

Maybe he was linehaul and was picking up in-route freight,I do believe that is in the contract as long as he doesn't go off route..

Linehaul is allowed by contract one stop in route, whether to pickup or deliver. It is legal and there is nothing city can do about it. Columbus does it all the time.

Linehaul is allowed by contract one stop in route, whether to pickup or deliver. It is legal and there is nothing city can do about it. Columbus does it all the time.

There are guide lines for in route pick ups as well..Some times a city man can file and win. All depends where the pick up is. Like I said attitude from the onset has everything to do with what transfers from that point.Always try to make the initial contact cordial and it usually works out...Hell , If I was making a pick up and someone came to me and asked in a cordial way I would gladly give him as much info as possible.Red Star use to do it all the time. Multiple in routes used to get em busted all the time,Seems some people never learn.

sorry to hear that this kind of s... goes on in a union company. We have simaler problems in AL with new hires i . They don,t want to become teamsters they would rather fight against us than with us .