FedEx Freight | "Realignment"

Poncho300

TB Lurker
Credits
I don't know if this is rumor or fact but come September 1, FedEx freight, FedEx express, and FedEx ground will combine into one company.......

I don't know if this is rumor or fact but come September 1, FedEx freight, FedEx express, and FedEx ground will combine into one company.......

I heard the same rumor, also, were going to one board?:1036316054::LMAO:

I got a great idea, lets call it Fedex corporation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, IF it does happen what would that mean for us? Are we dovetailing the express guys? What about ground? Will we be hauling that stuff? It sounds like ONE BIG MESS! Oh wait...a mess...that sounds like it would be right then.

packages,envelopes,freight,throw all express and ground to front of trailer.you have never seen express ops,or ground ops.so lame next big thing,fred said in letter, shippers were going to slow movenment of shipments in slow economy,economy,ground, thats why express will have a CHANGE IN OPS,

I think we basically lining up to be like UPS to have a small package division and big truck division and package all our services to one company. I've heard dovetail and buyouts like last time.

Cool! Maybe FedEx Home Delivery can deliver all of the hardwood flooring and grills and tv's and .......

anything eles that is ordered over the internet.
My latest adventure was something to do with a wine cellar.
Good times even with a liftgate,"extreme length" yep.

Express office lady said told me she heard something was happining this fall Corp. wide when I picked up at the airport last week. As usual no specifics.

In an article a few weeks ago they were talking about how Fedex could reduce costs by having a single driver doing all parcels instead of an express and ground driver. I thought it said FedEx corp was looking at ways to combine some of that, but really can't see them bringing all of those contractors on as employees.

anything eles that is ordered over the internet.
My latest adventure was something to do with a wine cellar.
Good times even with a liftgate,"extreme length" yep.

My old route was in one of the wealthiest suburbs of Chicago. Some of the stuff I delivered to those people blew my mind! One house I delivered a big dehumidifyer. I asked what they needed one that big for and they said it gets to humid inside of the indoor swimming pool room. Another one got 4X8 sheets of bullet proofing to make a safe room in the basement.