TForce | reasons I want to join the teamsters,,,,

mud-flap

TB Lurker
Credits
job protection: silly write-ups, 2nd if we are slow let people go by seniority, people with seniority should be asked if they want to go ,,,(then the you will always get people that want tp leave)3rd,, follow the rule book for promotions,, do not just promote a dock worker that is a brown noser to be a dock supervisor ,,,4th REAL sick days if I am sick let me call off and not get a write-up for calling in sick. (unexcused absent) excused if i bring in a DR's note.? 5th no more yelling and cussing at by dock sup's and managment 6th no playing favorits. i will add more later to all you non-union guys don't hate this is just as I see my terminal ,,,you my have it a little better in that case you may like things the way they are ,,,,good for you ,,,me I see a tornado coming to my dock.

mud-flap said:
job protection: silly write-ups, 2nd if we are slow let people go by seniority, people with seniority should be asked if they want to go ,,,(then the you will always get people that want tp leave)3rd,, follow the rule book for promotions,, do not just promote a dock worker that is a brown noser to be a dock supervisor ,,,4th REAL sick days if I am sick let me call off and not get a write-up for calling in sick. (unexcused absent) excused if i bring in a DR's note.? 5th no more yelling and cussing at by dock sup's and management 6th no playing favorites. i will add more later to all you non-union guys don't hate this is just as I see my terminal ,,,you my have it a little better in that case you may like things the way they are ,,,,good for you ,,,me I see a tornado coming to my dock.
We have a peer review board that works for job protection..Are the write ups silly or are you breaking the rules?I saw a note stating they will change the sick policy to match the Ups non union policy....All these other problems sound like jealousy....Do you think cause you are union your boss wont yell at you....:biglaugh:

Johnnybegood said:
We have a peer review board that works for job protection..Are the write ups silly or are you breaking the rules?I saw a note stating they will change the sick policy to match the Ups non union policy....All these other problems sound like jealousy....Do you think cause you are union your boss wont yell at you....:biglaugh:

What does yelling solve. Little kids yell and scream.

As an adult I demand respect as well as give it back. I never had a manager or supervisor yell at me. Yelling is an immature way of dealing with a problem.

If you expect to be yelled at than you are just demeaning yourself. Being complacent to the fact that managers yell shows no self repect.

i dont think the union will help place you into a mgmt position. if they select a "brown noser" its his option to leave the union, then they can fire him at-will.

Heck I want Apolistic to get his lunch and his 2 breaks on top of that !!!

Just because a driver gets old and slows down in some ways, doesn't mean his years of experience won't help him run circles around younger drivers in many other ways. A good terminal manager will see that and for a bad terminal manager you need the union

I'd like to get paid for all the work I do at the full rate, so when through no fault of my own, the freights not ready and i'm burning hours on my logbook, i'm getting paid.

Thats not jealousy, thats common sense.

We have a peer review board that works for job protection..Are the write ups silly or are you breaking the rules?I saw a note stating they will change the sick policy to match the Ups non union policy

what is the ups non-union policy for sick pay?

thanks

so let me get this straight....when a supervisor raise his voice to me...not once in 23 years...he would be immature, but if it's a member of local 25 calling me a scab, that's what? If it's a member of the farmingdale local screaming at me and spitting at my window, that's what?maturity or the act of a three year old?

skeeterhawk said:
what is the ups non-union policy for sick pay?
They are busy fighting there....It hasn't been completely cleared up yet....For now the old sick days are still in effect from "O".....but heard on the boards here that we might get 5 personal days to use how we want or need........

greezy trucker said:
They are busy fighting there....It hasn't been completely cleared up yet....For now the old sick days are still in effect from "O".....but heard on the boards here that we might get 5 personal days to use how we want or need........
thanks, it would be nice if they change it

no,,,,,,,

I do not want a supervisor job at OVNT. I just want managment to go by the rules,, they have in the book . write-ups for things like ,,,say I load a skid in a trailer and a few hrs. later some one damages it, takes it out of the trailer or loads it back improperly it is my freight and I get the write-up for the way it ends up being loaded.. a few weeks ago I loaded a skid on a DEN (denver) trailer and some one re-worked the trailer and left my skid OFF ,,the trailer went to DEN with out my skid I get the write-up for the shortage!!! I tried to tell the DOCK SUP I loaded it and 8 people came behind me and must have moved it off the trailer ,,,it's my freight I get the write-up.

mud-flap said:
I do not want a supervisor job at OVNT. I just want managment to go by the rules,, they have in the book . write-ups for things like ,,,say I load a skid in a trailer and a few hrs. later some one damages it, takes it out of the trailer or loads it back improperly it is my freight and I get the write-up for the way it ends up being loaded.. a few weeks ago I loaded a skid on a DEN (denver) trailer and some one re-worked the trailer and left my skid OFF ,,the trailer went to DEN with out my skid I get the write-up for the shortage!!! I tried to tell the DOCK SUP I loaded it and 8 people came behind me and must have moved it off the trailer ,,,it's my freight I get the write-up.

Simple solution, dock it, bay it up, leave it on the porch, sign it to the floor, whatever you want to call it, don't load it.
When it time to closes out the trailer and clean up the dock your docked freight will be loaded and signed on.
If they don't like your methods bring it to their attention that you get writtie up for putting it on an someone else moves it or damages it. Ask them what to do now.

Let me tell you something in a union environment you wouldn't have to worry about trivail things like this, let them write you up. You were not wrong to begin with, the write up isn't worth the paper it printed on.

In a non union environment they can fabricate things just like this and dismiss you for it.
Protect yourself, sign a card and continue to do your job.
MudFlap stop letting them push you around, they will drive you crazy or you'll do something you'll regret. Get the protection your deserve, sign a card, help others to understand the protection and benifits the union can offer and make your voice heard.

T251

i hear yaa

we just have no one right now that will hear OUR side,,when some senior dock workers want some OT (over time) the dock sups say they have no work ,,,but I heard some brown nose dock workers with no seniority get 10 hrs OT this weekend. One''SPECIAL'' dock worker is 1 hr. late he gets a tardy another dock worker is 1 hr. late he is told to just go home ,,no call no show.. with a write up. that seem FAIR?? thats how it is in my terminal.

mud-flap said:
we just have no one right now that will hear OUR side,,when some senior dock workers want some OT (over time) the dock sups say they have no work ,,,but I heard some brown nose dock workers with no seniority get 10 hrs OT this weekend. One''SPECIAL'' dock worker is 1 hr. late he gets a tardy another dock worker is 1 hr. late he is told to just go home ,,no call no show.. with a write up. that seem FAIR?? thats how it is in my terminal.

I've worked out of quite a few terminals in the 24 years I've been here. Never experienced the problems you are talking about. Unless they are poor workers or other problems.

What terminal are you talking about?

I had a good day,12 hrs. straight,no lunch..

but it was nice weather a little rain off,and on.
Everything came off good on my route,2 inside deliveries 1/2 hour each,only one pickup,than I was called into the terminal for a special.
120 miles round trip,mostly driving to drop off a pup.
I'm used to not having a 30 minute break for lunch.
I can eat on the run,so I'm not starving to death.

If I get good hours the rest of the week maybe by friday it will be all overtime?
If thats the case today will really be worth it.

I talked to a regular UPS package driver about not taking a 1/2 hour lunch break.

He says most of the package guys he knows take their lunch time at the terminal after they get their route done,just before they clock out to go home.
They get 45 minutes.

So there you go union,or non-union.
All of us route drivers have to do what we have to do to get our work done.

After you do your work the same way for a long time you don't feel like your missing out on anything.

well it's like,,,,

You and other dock workers or drivers may work at a terminal that is just a slice of heaven. And I have been around to other terminals and worked for some good OVNT managment and yes I call it OVERNITE managment all managment is OVNT the we just have a UPS flag out front. Same OVNT managment. And it was not allways like this, this was a cool place to work just in the last 6-8 months they turned on us. I would rather not say what terminal I work at I fear managment is watching. But I'll just say we play a big role in the day to day operations of OVNT.

greezy trucker said:
I heard that you can break them up and use them for your lunch breaks.

Apostolic said:
but it was nice weather a little rain off,and on.
Everything came off good on my route,2 inside deliveries 1/2 hour each,only one pickup,than I was called into the terminal for a special.
120 miles round trip,mostly driving to drop off a pup.
I'm used to not having a 30 minute break for lunch.
I can eat on the run,so I'm not starving to death.

If I get good hours the rest of the week maybe by friday it will be all overtime?
If thats the case today will really be worth it.

I talked to a regular UPS package driver about not taking a 1/2 hour lunch break.

He says most of the package guys he knows take their lunch time at the terminal after they get their route done,just before they clock out to go home.
They get 45 minutes.

So there you go union,or non-union.
All of us route drivers have to do what we have to do to get our work done.

After you do your work the same way for a long time you don't feel like your missing out on anything.
Sorry, Its 12:00 pm and Im on lunch, I will get it done right after my lunch break!!!!