XPO | reasons you get wrote up at conway

mforeste said:
let see.. we hired 2 guys a month ago..1 guy tore up the fairing on a line unit, and ran into about 2 trailers..NO WRITE UP...The other guy calls in every other monday and tuesday, and has backed into 2 or 3 trailers as well...STIL NO WRITE UP, yet when us veteran drivers run the truck out of gas or some thing else we get written up instantly...Whats up with that????

damm driver don't you know when you reach top rate you get a bullseye painted on your back so they can find out who's an easy target
:shout: :ranting2:

I can show you guys how to never get wrote up!!!! First, find out what your T.M.'s interest are, like sports, nascar, etc.... Then come into work with a big happy smile (show lots of teeth) tell everyone good morning, hows it going? The ask the T.M., "how bout them Tigers!!" Then you can get into a big conversation with him and usually keep talking while your on the clock, for about 5min. into your shift. Whats funny is my teammates get wrote up or *****ed at for talking on the dock, but im talking to the boss so its ok. Pretty cool, eh? Another good thing to do while your talking to him is to bad mouth some of your other team mates. The boss eats this up. Say things like, "so and so's always *****ing on the dock", or "so and so doesnt know how to load freight", you get the picture. Next, when you go on the dock to work, be real happy, Ive found out a lot of whistling works great. Do this on a daily basis. Also when you get back from your run, make sure you take time out to talk to the boss a little more and get some more digs in on the other drivers. Lastly, go to all company functions no matter what. Remember Con-Way first, then family. Im sure every terminal has someone exactly like me. We are the envy of every driver. All the other drivers want to pattern their lives after us. Just go for it, it makes life at Con-Way much easier.

ShakyJake said:
I can show you guys how to never get wrote up!!!! First, find out what your T.M.'s interest are, like sports, nascar, etc.... Then come into work with a big happy smile (show lots of teeth) tell everyone good morning, hows it going? The ask the T.M., "how bout them Tigers!!" Then you can get into a big conversation with him and usually keep talking while your on the clock, for about 5min. into your shift. Whats funny is my teammates get wrote up or *****ed at for talking on the dock, but im talking to the boss so its ok. Pretty cool, eh? Another good thing to do while your talking to him is to bad mouth some of your other team mates. The boss eats this up. Say things like, "so and so's always *****ing on the dock", or "so and so doesnt know how to load freight", you get the picture. Next, when you go on the dock to work, be real happy, Ive found out a lot of whistling works great. Do this on a daily basis. Also when you get back from your run, make sure you take time out to talk to the boss a little more and get some more digs in on the other drivers. Lastly, go to all company functions no matter what. Remember Con-Way first, then family. Im sure every terminal has someone exactly like me. We are the envy of every driver. All the other drivers want to pattern their lives after us. Just go for it, it makes life at Con-Way much easier.
hay shakyjack have another glass of

hey_kool_aid4.jpg

hey jake id rather get wrote up 10 times than be a suckasss !!ill never go to another company function no mater what..

biggdean said:
hey jake id rather get wrote up 10 times than be a suckasss !!ill never go to another company function no mater what..
I sure hope you guys realize I was kidding. But dont you know drivers exactly like that? We have a few at our terminal. Man, they sure get treated real good by management. They dont work any harder, they just got management so buffalo'd it makes you sick.

BLAZERS BUDDY said:
Some how I don't think you are kidding shakey jake, sure sound like a brown noser and a suck a$$
I see it everyday thats how I know how it works, and believe me, it works. The saddest part is, the boss feeds right into it.

At the next driver appreciation bbq make sure you stick a full mushroon and the end of the hot dog for that driver.

OMG i just read the whole thread and still laughing my azz off...... And i always wonder why some conway guys get pizzed when i ask them about the "NOW HIRING" sign out front..... Every company has a few barns that are always short handed and have signs out..... but i've never been past a ccx barn without one...... I know what board i'm coming to if i need to cheer up!!!!!!!!!!!:punk: