Estes | Rebids

mildew

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Rebids are just around the corner but I've been hearing they might get post-poned. No one seems to care but I heard xtra board drivers are starting to see 24 hours at some locations and they are still hiring with the slow season still ahead. Economist are saying things arn't improving. I guess time will tell. Terminals that have over 100 schedules will certanly have their work cut out. Seems to be alot more trouble than it's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they are hiring due to the the new federal regulation CSA 2010, they may have to get rid of some drivers with bad records. Thats one angle I have heard , it makes no sense otherwise.

Lockridge on road dog trucking said something like 150000 drivers industry wide could be forced out of driving due to the new regulations.

I've heard said as many as 3- to 400,000, but they figure the bulk will be owner-ops and small fleets that cut corners on paperwork and maintenance just to stay afloat. I'm sure their will be a few losses, but I don't see too much happening to company drivers from the bigger, established carriers. I do see electronic logs in our future, though.

I've heard said as many as 3- to 400,000, but they figure the bulk will be owner-ops and small fleets that cut corners on paperwork and maintenance just to stay afloat. I'm sure their will be a few losses, but I don't see too much happening to company drivers from the bigger, established carriers. I do see electronic logs in our future, though.
3-400,000 would be about 10% of the estimated 3.5 million 18 wheel drivers. 1 of 9 are said to be owner ops. I think the total cdl holders is around 15 million. It's still a small percentage. Who knows how many drivers will be affected. We have a few drivers that I can see not making the cut. I heard they are wanting 12 hours on and 12 off and 10 of those being driving only with a 48 hour restart.

Last edited by a moderator:
wah- wah crie about the rebid. we voted , you lost, get over it. oh by the way i cant wait to rebid. wah wah

wah- wah crie about the rebid. we voted , you lost, get over it. oh by the way i cant wait to rebid. wah wah
I'll be biding on that Monday thru Thursday West Palm Beach laydown run
2356634541_1459c1d5e9.jpg

i heard that if you are hub you can only bid on linehaul and linehaul has to bid on hub runs. this will fix all the past complaints about being forced to change catagories, now everyone will change making it fair. until next year when we have to do it again because of all the new complaints.

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread for this, but someone brought up linehaul vs. hub rebids. I've only been with the company since March '08 when we opened 138, and I'm curious as to why we have linehaul/hub/utility/p&d with their different pay scales instead of the usual linehaul or city. It had to have made sense to somebody on paper at some point, maybe when the company was smaller, but it seems like it complicates things more than it helps. I'm linehaul, and the way I understand it, if I wanted a hub run, I'd have to go to the bottom of the hub seniority list, and vice versa for a hub guy. Is that correct? I would understand doing that for two completely different jobs like city and road, but it doesn't make much sense for two guys running down the same road to be in different positions with different pay just because one works the dock for a little while. Not trying to stir the pot, just curious.

I apologize in advance if this is the wrong thread for this, but someone brought up linehaul vs. hub rebids. I've only been with the company since March '08 when we opened 138, and I'm curious as to why we have linehaul/hub/utility/p&d with their different pay scales instead of the usual linehaul or city. It had to have made sense to somebody on paper at some point, maybe when the company was smaller, but it seems like it complicates things more than it helps. I'm linehaul, and the way I understand it, if I wanted a hub run, I'd have to go to the bottom of the hub seniority list, and vice versa for a hub guy. Is that correct? I would understand doing that for two completely different jobs like city and road, but it doesn't make much sense for two guys running down the same road to be in different positions with different pay just because one works the dock for a little while. Not trying to stir the pot, just curious.
Drivers been scratching their heads on that for years. The good thing about the whole thing is a linehauler can't bump a happy hub driver and p&d drivers can't bump either one.

hub guys make less per mile, saves company money. and it is a different job class cause one works dock other doesnt.

Its always been that way as long as I remember, one category can't bump another category. But if you go hub then later on come back into Linehaul you get you linehaul time back where you left off. It's like science 101...lol I don't care much for this rebid crap...I was on a run for 3 years when no one else wanted it and was knocked off when they did away with greenboard and started the rebid. Had a choice go xtraboard or P&D, being single dad there wasn't much choice...took big pay cut but was worth the tuime with kids!!!

Actually, if u listened to the cd they put out, it got turned DOWN...I really dont think it passed...Just another way Operations is ruining Robs company!!! Hope u get screwed at the rebid!!!!!

Its always been that way as long as I remember, one category can't bump another category. But if you go hub then later on come back into Linehaul you get you linehaul time back where you left off. It's like science 101...lol I don't care much for this rebid crap...I was on a run for 3 years when no one else wanted it and was knocked off when they did away with greenboard and started the rebid. Had a choice go xtraboard or P&D, being single dad there wasn't much choice...took big pay cut but was worth the tuime with kids!!!

I know how ya feel...Got bumped by a guy with 3 years less company time b/c they changed my classification of my run 3 months b4 the rebid last year!!!! Now im back in the city, took a $20,000 a year hit but get to sleep with the wife everynight, see my kids....well worth it!!!!

Brianmax rebids are to be Dec. 6th that is what was stated in the email...unless they change something between now and then...with this place who knows...keeper safe