XPO | Rebranding ramping up shortly.

Seen a brand new road truck at XDM last week..the unit number was xxx-5xxx. A 2015?...These trucks were ordered by Con-way and sat at the factory for months waiting for the right color decals. So I was told by a mechanic.
The common thought in these parts is this sale was in the works for a long while. This only backs up that suspicion.

I've always said that the shinier the wheels are, the less the driver gets paid. (Not in all cases, but it's accurate most of the time.) A set of shiny wheels and chrome all over doesn't pay any of my bills. I do want my equipment to look respectable.......but just keep my wheels rolling and that paycheck from bouncing, and life will be good.
:1036316054:
Don't tell those guys over at Saia that

Really??? Not impressed in the least.
It's no different the what con-way did to the CCX, CSE or other old equipment when they became one company. Just look at some of the old trucks hell were are still pulling old CCX trailer that still have the old CCX marking on it. Before XPO bought Norbert, Norbert bought a company called Jacobson Logistics that company is still running around with Jacobson Log Trucks and trailer. The sign on the warehouse was only changed a few months ago.

Seen a brand new road truck at XDM last week..the unit number was xxx-5xxx. A 2015?...These trucks were ordered by Con-way and sat at the factory for months waiting for the right color decals. So I was told by a mechanic.
That funny we have a 2015 city truck that has Conway all over it got it last year

Yes it will, in the form of new equipment and work. I do think the rebrand shown above is heads above the other carriers out there who have merged in my life time of trucking. Why spend way to much on an old trailer, just to trade it in, in a year or so. I think you all will do just fine. Five years from now you will have all new and shiny equipment. :1036316054:
True. do it cheap. I have yet to see a brand new trailer the ones everyone thinks is new need to read the data plate on the front of the trailer the original date of manufacture is on that we just refub it. If someone find one please post a pick of the data plate on this thread.

I have no clue what the upper management will do in regards to tractor purchases , but it FEELS like there has been a change since Con-way became XPO. After all , buying tractors is a huge capital expenditure , I can see why XPO would alter the purchase schedules - especially if they look around at the competition , our fleet looks pretty decent. Even the old Sterlings.
They need to do something the stuff we are using isn't getting any younger. They need to always replace equipment every year, not so much the trailer but trucks and lifts.

True. do it cheap. I have yet to see a brand new trailer the ones everyone thinks is new need to read the data plate on the front of the trailer the original date of manufacture is on that we just refub it. If someone find one please post a pick of the data plate on this thread.

Refurbing trailers is cheaper than building new ones. Keeping those trailers in the system means no subsequent owner can bring a lawsuit if the trailer is in an accident 2 years after it's sold..

All shop locations, and several key fac's around the nation will be doing the rebranding. Large tents are being set up, lifts are being dropped off, decals starting to arrive. Not sure on the specifics on how they will get other barns equipment to these sites. Outside vendor. Was told 8 months to get everything done.

Was told by my I/b FOS that 10 pups a day coming and going through XNW are getting re-branded daily. He thinks that vans, straight trucks, and old Conway tractors will be rebranded at each local sic center. He thinks a team will come to each terminal this Fall to do that kind of re-branding.
Starting to see mixed sets, ( One Cny and one XPO), being pulled on the highways.

Was told by my I/b FOS that 10 pups a day coming and going through XNW are getting re-branded daily. He thinks that vans, straight trucks, and old Conway tractors will be rebranded at each local sic center. He thinks a team will come to each terminal this Fall to do that kind of re-branding.
Starting to see mixed sets, ( One Cny and one XPO), being pulled on the highways.
Saw two new tractors with the xpo branding at xnw last night. Pretty good mix of re-branded trailers there as well.

Asked the guy how long to do one trailer. He said with a full crew about an hour. I said okay, so then you'll be doing this for 6 months or so ? He laughed and said it will be way longer than that.

Asked the guy how long to do one trailer. He said with a full crew about an hour. I said okay, so then you'll be doing this for 6 months or so ? He laughed and said it will be way longer than that.
We had a rebranded trailer come through today. As others have said before , it looks different compared to trailers that have original branding.

There was one real problem though: the XPO decal on the back door was missing the top third. It looked as though that top part exploded.

Guys kept coming by trying to figure out how this happened. Some say rebranding dirty trailers. Some say rebranding trailers with wet doors. Some say rebranding trailers on the cheap. Some say it's rebranding rush job. Still others say it's all of these things combined.

If decals are coming off now , what should be expected once it gets cold. Hopefully , this was a random example. Our manager sent pics to maintenance according to what I was told.

We had a rebranded trailer come through today. As others have said before , it looks different compared to trailers that have original branding.

There was one real problem though: the XPO decal on the back door was missing the top third. It looked as though that top part exploded.

Guys kept coming by trying to figure out how this happened. Some say rebranding dirty trailers. Some say rebranding trailers with wet doors. Some say rebranding trailers on the cheap. Some say it's rebranding rush job. Still others say it's all of these things combined.

If decals are coming off now , what should be expected once it gets cold. Hopefully , this was a random example. Our manager sent pics to maintenance according to what I was told.
Hopefully this was an isolated incident. If not, just another challenge along the way!

I've seen many xpo trailers running up and down I-5 in WA state. Full sets and mixed. Looks good but can't really tell in the dark going the other way. Even seen some new tractors too!