XPO | Rebranding today

These stickers with XPO logistics at our barn were put on the binder where we keep insurance and fuel cards...inside the truck... NOT on the cab
Lol! You hit it driver! They were suppose to cover the Conway name, now that all the registrations and permits have been changed over.

Since Amazon is worth about 90 Billion dollars, they could surely afford to buy the LTL division of XPO, but I still think that XPO bought Conway so that they are more diversified themselves. But then again, Jacobs is a businessman, and if Amazon offered enough money, I'm sure that he'd consider selling.
Who knows? Could get interesting.

Excuse my ignorance, but why would Amazon want to get into the LTL business and end up handling all the garbage type frt... like what we do...i.e. bundles of steel, John Deere equipment, catapillar parts, huge machines, big crates etc.. If they did buy an LTL, how would it fit w/ their portfolio of products that they sell? Am I missing something about Amazon's business or would they just use an LTL for parcel and bulky type e-commerce stuff and eliminate all the normal garbage freight that LTL's handle??? Please enlighten me?

Excuse my ignorance, but why would Amazon want to get into the LTL business and end up handling all the garbage type frt... like what we do...i.e. bundles of steel, John Deere equipment, catapillar parts, huge machines, big crates etc.. If they did buy an LTL, how would it fit w/ their portfolio of products that they sell? Am I missing something about Amazon's business or would they just use an LTL for parcel and bulky type e-commerce stuff and eliminate all the normal garbage freight that LTL's handle??? Please enlighten me?
http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/amazon-what-will-their-next-move-be.72208/

When you read some of the articles in the Amazon thread , Amazon makes it clear that they want to be in control of the delivery of the items they sell. In France they've purchased a parcel company. In the US they've purchased a fleet of Amazon branded trailers. In California and other places they have their own branded delivery trucks. With XPO , Amazon uses the Last Mile service - all this seems to point towards Amazon wanting to increase their footprint in the distribution of their own goods. The question is how will they do this?

Last edited:
http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/amazon-what-will-their-next-move-be.72208/

When you read some of the articles in the Amazon thread , Amazon makes it clear that they want to be in control of the delivery of the items they sell. In France they've purchased a parcel company. In the US they've purchased a fleet of Amazon branded trailers. In California and other places they have their own branded delivery trucks. With XPO , Amazon uses the Last Mile service - all this seems to point towards Amazon wanting to increase their footprint in the distribution of their own goods. The question is how will they do this?

Yeah, I get that they want their own transportation assets to be able to move all their stuff quicker and cheaper than outsourcing it to ups, fedex, usps, xpo, etc., but if they did acquire us,(xpo LTL), I just can't see us being the same LTL that we currently are. There would have to be a drastic change in what we presently haul...don't ya think? Because of our infrastructure of trucks and terminals already in place we'd definitely be a great take over target for them. Maybe they would use our assets to move their stuff,( i.e. parcels), and then they could get their feet wet in the real LTL side of transportation moving all the garbage type stuff that we currently do . Who knows...just thinking out loud. Anyway... thx. for the Amazon links icuip.

Moving packages and moving freight are two different animals. Why is why ups is the bastard step child for UPS. The infrastructure is just different

Yeah, I get that they want their own transportation assets to be able to move all their stuff quicker and cheaper than outsourcing it to ups, fedex, usps, xpo, etc., but if they did acquire us,(xpo LTL), I just can't see us being the same LTL that we currently are. There would have to be a drastic change in what we presently haul...don't ya think? Because of our infrastructure of trucks and terminals already in place we'd definitely be a great take over target for them. Maybe they would use our assets to move their stuff,( i.e. parcels), and then they could get their feet wet in the real LTL side of transportation moving all the garbage type stuff that we currently do . Who knows...just thinking out loud. Anyway... thx. for the Amazon links icuip.
It's just wild speculation on my part , since there's been no information worth anything over the past few months.

As far as rebranding -

T-shirts and hats
Printer screens and fuel pump readouts
Delivery receipts , bill of ladings , computer generated pros
Plastic decking , coats , ID badges , calendars , and website
Checks , and 401k plan

A few things that have been rebranded so far.

at xsx they get a full trailer from ULA from time to time,i believe our guys put the stuff in order of some form and take down to their warehouse and drop it off so that portion is in the relm of LTL service

Right, Amazon would make this purchase for the terminals and the equipment. Not for the business. It would be their intention to use something this size and scale to reliably deliver freight to the customer as quickly and efficiently as possible. It would be a distribution network only.

Several articles out there about how disappointed Amazon has been with FedEx and UPS getting their packages out on time. They even have the USPS delivering a lot of it, and on Sundays too.

Right, Amazon would make this purchase for the terminals and the equipment. Not for the business. It would be their intention to use something this size and scale to reliably deliver freight to the customer as quickly and efficiently as possible. It would be a distribution network only.

Several articles out there about how disappointed Amazon has been with FedEx and UPS getting their packages out on time. They even have the USPS delivering a lot of it, and on Sundays too.

Yeah, you're right on USPS w/ Sunday deliveries HS. I came home from church and there was a package from them on my front steps. Never in my life have I ever had a delivery on Sunday...ever !!!

So are saying that if Amazon acquired us we'd become parcel delivery guys something like UPS, FedEx package runners? We wouldn't have to brake our backs w/ all the garbage heavy trash freight anymore? If that's the case, Amazon would have to buy a whole slew of package cars and leave the pups and vans for L/H.

Do we still own RSL and did they change names and move to Dallas,TX? Also, anybody heard about the 5,000 Extension kits they are going to put on our 28ft pups to make them 33ft pups, their on hold until law is for sure passed

Do we still own RSL and did they change names and move to Dallas,TX?

If you're talking about the old RSI, it changed to Con-way Manufacturing when we did the Con-way Freight merge. I'm not sure what they're calling it now, but it's still in Searcy, AR.

Also, anybody heard about the 5,000 Extension kits they are going to put on our 28ft pups to make them 33ft pups, their on hold until law is for sure passed

Extension "kits"? I haven't heard about that. If they were going to stretch existing trailers, why wouldn't they just do it as they come through for refurbishment? They wouldn't need kits- just stick the axle under a 33' box.

If you're talking about the old RSI, it changed to Con-way Manufacturing when we did the Con-way Freight merge. I'm not sure what they're calling it now, but it's still in Searcy, AR.

Extension "kits"? I haven't heard about that. If they were going to stretch existing trailers, why wouldn't they just do it as they come through for refurbishment? They wouldn't need kits- just stick the axle under a 33' box.
They have extension kits for our 28ft pups that are going to be put on at each terminal or the class 1 or 2 by outside contractors as soon as they get the go ahead.

Bradley Jacobs 4th quarter 2015 earnings conference call -"By the end of this year, we will be substantially complete with the rebranding of all the trucks, all the locations, all the uniforms and – at Con-way too, Con-way, we're on track to rebrand about 10,500 tractors, about 30,000 trailers over the course of this year. We'll rebrand about 200,000 uniform components like hats and jackets by September. That's about 18,000 uniform sets. And the XPO building signs are going up and we'll have all 300 facilities in North America rebranded as XPO by the end of June. So we are an organization that does get things done, that does think big and is very good at execution. That's what we are."

They brought several xpo trailers to St.louis about a month ago. But now they are back to bringing new plain white trailers again.