XPO | Rebranding today

This is like any other rumor. We had a new one at my barn a month or so ago that did have the logo, the story with it was that Jacobs didn't like the shade of red, to dark. Wants it changed to a brighter red, rebrand all of the trailers with that color on them. Go figure!

Heard a rumor from a mechanic the other night that Mr. Jacobs didn't like the looks of the XPO logo on the pups. Thought it was too big?? Maybe that explains why CMI is shipping out new trailers without logos? Hooked to a new pup Friday night that was built last month and the trl# started with 321. Do the prefixes mean anything?

We got two plain white pups in today. No rebranding... just white blanks. They were originally mfg in 1999 and apparently just came out of our trailer refurbishing shop in Arkansas. Seems like maybe all our Conway equipment will go for a make over first, then ride around in our system as a white blank for a while and then eventually get re-branded. Who knows?

As far as the numbers goes... I noticed that one pup did have a 321 prefix: the whole number was 321-6202. Maybe that 321 prefix is assigned to pups that have been refurbished and waiting for re-branding. Speculation ! Speculation ! Speculation! Like always...we'll just have to wait and see how things play out. :popcorn:

We got two plain white pups in today. No rebranding... just white blanks. They were originally mfg in 1999 and apparently just came out of our trailer refurbishing shop in Arkansas. Seems like maybe all our Conway equipment will go for a make over first, then ride around in our system as a white blank for a while and then eventually get re-branded. Who knows?

As far as the numbers goes... I noticed that one pup did have a 321 prefix: the whole number was 321-6202. Maybe that 321 prefix is assigned to pups that have been refurbished and waiting for re-branding. Speculation ! Speculation ! Speculation! Like always...we'll just have to wait and see how things play out. :popcorn:
If XPO was going to rebrand the trailer it would've been done at the refurbishing facility. Hint hint.

We talked briefly about rebranding at a meeting this week. Equipment will be rebranded at shop locations, so I was told by our tm. I don't remember the time frame though.

It's the same old song and dance, just a different name on the paycheck. the only thing they care about is good numbers for the shareholders. Example- told the FOS that the dock worker that loaded my trailer did not strap the skid of haz-mat to the wall or use dunnage. He said to me "well did you fix the problem". We just lost a great account yesterday because of damages. Conway would rather squeeze smash freight in one trailer then send two. Whats worse pay another driver $300 or lose an account worth millions annually and pay claims for $10-20 thousand dollars. Conway does not care

There is no rebranding. When we went from ccx cwx csx it took maybe 2-3 months. When we got "new" uniforms, the Bob Evans table cloths, it tool maybe 1 month. These guys are looking to sell conway freight. They never wanted us. Read the transcript of how it went down. They only wanted menlo

It's the same old song and dance, just a different name on the paycheck. the only thing they care about is good numbers for the shareholders. Example- told the FOS that the dock worker that loaded my trailer did not strap the skid of haz-mat to the wall or use dunnage. He said to me "well did you fix the problem". We just lost a great account yesterday because of damages. Conway would rather squeeze smash freight in one trailer then send two. Whats worse pay another driver $300 or lose an account worth millions annually and pay claims for $10-20 thousand dollars. Conway does not care

Well, in their defense. Con-way is dead. Just saying.

But things were supposed to be different under XPO and they don't seem to be.

Actually they said not much change this year. The big changes are supposed to happen next year.
Then next year, the big {fantastic} changes will be scheduled to happen again.......next year.

Most of these carriers like the old "keep the carrot dangling in front of them" strategy. With all of the carriers, big things are always just ahead........ on the horizon.

200_s.gif