Recent Negotiations

Can This guy Read and Comprehend?

First of all you do not know what I do persay but that is not important. Management has no right to assault anyone ever any more than anyone has a right to assault anyone. I do al lright medically, I have no complaints. But the TM union is not so clean and free from lies as you state it has a history which is not so clean and healthy. The TM. union has broken many laws over the years...done some terrible things in the past. The OH videos also have employees on there talking as well. Oh well believe what you will.

redrollingroadblock said:
Just ignore truckenjoe. He is an ex Portland TM, now regional manager. If he enjoys the company Kool-Aid so much just let him drink away.

Hey truckenjoe, my H&W cost me $55 a month and it covers more than medical. What is the rate on your medical now with the new and improved plan? Or do you [mis]management types get a better deal than the hourly workers?

I forgot that management can assault employees and get away with it. That must be a real perk.

Has anyone ever heard of the TM union? :biglaugh:What I said was truckenjoe "is an ex Portland TM, now regional manager." I didn't know Terminal Managers had their own Union.:duh: David and Ed will cut your benefits more if they find that you were/are part of the evil unions.:biglaugh:

And where in my statement did I say anything about what the Union has said, will say, or anything about videos.

Just admit you are [mis]management, no one really cares. Then maybe you and your opinions will get some respect here.

And try to keep the alleged quotes to the proper person.

without attacking anyone has anyone thought of this. Why is OAKH still working without a contract???? It has only been since 10/31/07. You are letting the company controll your future and keeping your head in the sand and hope the problem goes away and you will accept what ever morsel the company throws your way. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!

without attacking anyone has anyone thought of this. Why is OAKH still working without a contract???? It has only been since 10/31/07. You are letting the company controll your future and keeping your head in the sand and hope the problem goes away and you will accept what ever morsel the company throws your way. SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!

Oh yes. I think about it every day. The Union leaders think that this is the right way to go. I have mixed feelings about this but as long as OHFL is willing to negotiate this might be the best way. No one gains in a strike. Also a new person from the International has joined in the negotiations. The final numbers for strike authorization in Portland were 116-2. Auburn was very similar. I think that told OHFL that we are willing to go if needed. The scheduled meetings for next week has been postponed by the union because of a conflicting meetings. Quite possible that now that the company cut in benefits has taken effect on the non-union employees maybe they will wake up and smell the coffee.

While we may have missed a good chance to walk with the Christmas rush (was there one?) each day we keep working gets us closer to spring and a hopeful upturn in freight levels.

I will ignore your last paragraph.

OAKH is not going to see any negotitiaions until MF is settled. Previos comments said that the oakh contract had nothing to do with MF but if that were the case then why doesn't oakh have a contract? Or are the employees so unconcerned about their future????? The Longer we let it slide the more has slid away. THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!

OAKH is not going to see any negotitiaions until MF is settled. Previos comments said that the oakh contract had nothing to do with MF but if that were the case then why doesn't oakh have a contract? Or are the employees so unconcerned about their future????? The Longer we let it slide the more has slid away. THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!

The union is who requested the jan 7 negotiation date... The teamsters will do whats best for the memebership have a little faith and patience, there is always back pay. Just remember the longer it gets drawn out, the bigger our backpay check will be and the more "at gun point" the VP's will be to come to an agreement. Not putting down your post by any means, I AM concerned about my future, just trying to say that its slowly sliding in our favor with time. It is on our side.
:1036316054:

OAKH has scheduled negotiations for the 7th and the 8th as far as I know. Why would NMFA negotiations have anything to do with OHFL? Oak Harbor doesn't have a contract much like last time around when they worked without a contract for over a year! The reason is the owners of this company are out to hose you all! Nothing else, they have never been walked to my knowledge.

Some of the employees do care very deeply, others want to prance across strike lines to undermine us all. The unions are hesitant to call a strike because they know that the membership is not solid. So here we sit rewarding OHFL for treating you all like crap. Never a good time to walk, guess its time to nut up or bend over, don't be afraid to tell you Union reps how you feel, remember they work for you.

I disagree with "The Wrench" time is not on you side when you have no grievance procedure in place, when the company is suggesting that you need not pay your union dues. Back pay? Ask everyone about all the back pay you got last time. At the end of the day its the usual OHFL BS, its why your contract sucks to begin with, its why year after year conditions get worse and worse. You can whine all you want, but until you work together, and stand up for yourselves nothing is going to change. I know a strike will devastate our locals strike funds, which does affect me negatively but you have pushed too far by these bastards time to take it to the street. You may be locked out and you may lose your jobs, you also may make OHFL a good place to work again, but if you don't do it you have nowhere to go but down. You'll see.

Negotiations for the 7th and 8th have been postponed do to the YRC (NMFA) 2 man meeting to be held in Washington D.C. Most of the participants of the Oak Harbor negotiations had to be at this 2man meeting so their dates have been changed. Now the Oak Harbor dates are the 27th through the 31 of January.

Negotiations for the 7th and 8th have been postponed do to the YRC (NMFA) 2 man meeting to be held in Washington D.C. Most of the participants of the Oak Harbor negotiations had to be at this 2man meeting so their dates have been changed. Now the Oak Harbor dates are the 27th through the 31 of January.

Thanks for the clarification. I couldn't remember the details.

Something no one has brought up that I have seen. With the union health and welfare if we are sick or injured we have six months of H&W paid. our union dues are paid and we recieve 400 a wk disability. Add this to short term if you have it and you can keep the wolves away from your door and recover. I see nothing in the company proposal that even addresses this issue, oh I forgot they take our sick pay away.

Actually the waiver of the medical premium is a 3 month that comes with the policy and Oak Harbor employees have the luxury of having the 9 additional months of the buy up. They get a total of a 12 month waiver of premium.

I know this contract will not be settled until MF has been ratified. Ofcource you will all see that big check of back pay that dates back to Nov 1.

This is my 3rd contract with Oak Harbor and have never seen any back pay / retro pay. Last contract I believe some money was put into our pension, but I have never seen a check given to employees for back pay. I wish I was wrong but that's the kind of people we work for.

Your last contract was the best you have ever seen. The proof is iN the reading. More money more improvements and holding on to M.O.B no other freight company had done that. But it seems like your membership didn't care about that. they wanted more . Well they have more now they have a week work place where the representation dosent know how to represent them. They have a work place that abuses them and no one will stand up to protect them. the have a joint council that now finally is sounding off only because it knows it is about to loose membership. YOU PEOPLE ARE WEEK AND YOU WILL FALL HARD!! YOU HAD A GOOD THING STARTED AND YOU ::shit:: ON IT!!! YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU DESERVE.!!

In the last contract, our retro was converted into $.20/hour the last two years of the contract so we would end up with at least some pension gain, which otherwise we would not have had. It was a better way of getting our retro than just a lump sum without any pension at all.

But I didn't like it, and voted no because we should have had retro and pension, and a damned sight more than $.20/hour, but obviously a lot of people voted yes, because it passed.

And I'm pretty sure the Vander Pols or the rest of management don't have a vote on our contracts, so who do you really blame for all these years of substandard contracts?

Here's a hint... take a deep, long look in the mirror...

In the last contract, our retro was converted into $.20/hour the last two years of the contract so we would end up with at least some pension gain, which otherwise we would not have had. It was a better way of getting our retro than just a lump sum without any pension at all.

But I didn't like it, and voted no because we should have had retro and pension, and a damned sight more than $.20/hour, but obviously a lot of people voted yes, because it passed.

And I'm pretty sure the Vander Pols or the rest of management don't have a vote on our contracts, so who do you really blame for all these years of substandard contracts?

Here's a hint... take a deep, long look in the mirror...
Iguess my posts are being deleted by the nonn belivers now I guess they are afraid of the truth . Good post dude its gOnnA GO FAR IN THE REAL SCOPE OF WHATS HAPENING . I wonder what rule there gona use next to stop our ttruthful responces. Like we dont know who they are its way to stupid!!!

I know this contract will not be settled until MF has been ratified. Ofcource you will all see that big check of back pay that dates back to Nov 1.

You keep saying that and I keep telling you that one has nothing to do with the other. Whether they do or not, the MF deal will probably be awhile until it is settled. IMO, that thing is going down.