Estes | Recipe thread

Legshot

Striving for Mediocrity
Credits
Okay BOYS,
Yes. I am starting a recipe thread. No, I'm not mistaken this as being the Martha Stewart message board.

We have a bunch of men here, and let's face it, we do cook, maybe alot! It's grilling season, and what better time to see a man pound his chest and brag of his best marinated beast ever cooked in the back yard?

We have people here from all corners of the country, and may come up with some very cultural, yet, American ways of cooking.
I thought of this as I saw a quick post by Starkravinloon, who had some meat cooking outside, and didn't want it burned.

So, let's hear your own specialty, or a family gem that you have enjoyed for years. Maybe an experiment that you can post in real time. You can tell us how good or horrible it came out.

I have a feeling this thread may blow up! Why wouldn't it?
It's not like we are discussing estrogen levels! We are discussing FOOD! And judging by the sight of some of the road drivers, they like this kind of thing!:biglaugh:

All I ask, is that you bags of ::shit:: don't leave me out to dry on this one!!! 1000 views, and no responses is gonna just make me look stupid and light in the loafers!:biglaugh::last

If this thread does not fly, we can always talk about the unruly places that our hair grows!

My Recipe as I typed this thread.

Two cups of pecans.
I melted two tablespoons of butter in a cup, and added 1 tsp of butter pecan ice cream flavoring. 1 tbls of pure vanilla and poured this mixture into the bag of pecans. I added a mixture of one tbls of brown sugar, with 5 tbls of pure cane sugar. Shook the begeezus out of the mixture, and threw it on a cookie sheet, at 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. The heat was a bit much, and kinda burnt... 300 for 12 minutes may have done the trick. Edible, non the less. I'm not quite sure, but maybe the drunk thread is nipping me at the heels!

Legshot... :loser:

Will get back with you tomorrow Legshot. I think I have the perfect recipe. Let me try it on the family and will get back. Les sy bon ton roule' cha'.(Let the good times roll baby). You fellows are fixin to get a lesson in true Cajun food. Get ready for some wild nights with the bride.Be back tomorrow.

POTATO SAUSAGE CASSEROLE

1 lb. sausage
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 c. milk
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
3 c. raw potatoes, I use cooked and cut down on baking time
1/2 to 1 lb. grated cheese

Brown and drain sausage. Mix soup, milk, onion, salt and pepper. In large casserole layer potatoes, soup, sausage. Repeat layers ending with sausage. Dot with butter. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Sprinkle with grated cheese and melt in oven

scramble some eggs and throw on top . very good

Breakfast favorite around my house, changes every time I make it. Dice potatoes and onion and fry in skillet. Add crispy bacon, sausage, balogna, heck any or all meats. scramble eggs, cheese and pour over meat/ potatoe. quick/easy and I even experiment with the spice rack. The kids just love everything mixed together.

my daughter will never eat eggs till i throw in some diced ham and cheddar cheese. a little mozzarella with the cheddar makes it all moore gooder
dice ham throw in pan
break eggs - scramble
add cheese when eggs done till melted
yummy tummy

Lost Bread Breakfast Cassarole

8 eggs (beat the heck out of'em)
8 pcs. white bread (I like to call it light bread)
1 roll or 1 lb. Ground Sausage(Mild or Hot)
Grated Cheese ( What ever kind you like)

Brown ground sausage in a skillet. Take 4 or 5 pcs. of white bread(trim the edges) lay in bottom of 9 in. cassarole dish.Spice up your eggs, I like Tony's, take beaten eggs, pour half of amount on bottom layer of white bread. Spread ground sausage over top( not all of it).Put second layer of white bread on top of first. Repeat process.Top with remaining sausage and your choice of cheese.Put tin foil over top of cassarole dish and store overnight in fridge.

Heat oven to 350 degrees( make sure it's totally pre-heated)
Cook for approx. 30 min.( check after 20 min.)or until eggs are done.

Note: Don't worry about the bottom layer of bread. The egg will absorb through the bread overnight.

Makes a great Saturday or Sunday morning breakfast. ENJOY(Cajun style)

red headed slut receipe........1/2 gallon of yagermeister, 1/2 gallon of peach schnapps, and 1 gallon of cranberry juice. mix together and drink has shots.

also here is a receipe for simple ribs that taste great.......get some country ribs (country ribs are usually all meat and no bone) and soak overnight in a mix of half hot sauce and half vinegar...cook on the grill and eat has is or try your favorite bq sauce on them. either way i guarantee you will not be disapointed.

Certainly can tell there's not much news coming from Richmond. Nothing wrong with the thread, is a good idea, but it is funny thats all we have to talk about.

Certainly can tell there's not much news coming from Richmond. Nothing wrong with the thread, is a good idea, but it is funny thats all we have to talk about.

Are you suggesting we start a ......."RUMOR".Please be advised the rumor mill has been activated.Thanks Barney and don't forget that bullet!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Your a funny person legshot!!! Here's What I fix from time to time for my kids and the neighbors kids. I spread the dough in a rectangular baking stone and set the oven at 400 for less time than the recipe say's. I also omit the msg. Spray the stone with a cooking spray and spray the pizza roller. Dump some pizza sauce and cover with plenty of cheese. Ground hamburger, and whatever. Everyone likes it better than the restaurants. Pizza Hut Style Pizza Dough (Bread Machine) Recipe : Recipezaar

Lost Bread Breakfast Cassarole

8 eggs (beat the heck out of'em)
8 pcs. white bread (I like to call it light bread)
1 roll or 1 lb. Ground Sausage(Mild or Hot)
Grated Cheese ( What ever kind you like)

Brown ground sausage in a skillet. Take 4 or 5 pcs. of white bread(trim the edges) lay in bottom of 9 in. cassarole dish.Spice up your eggs, I like Tony's, take beaten eggs, pour half of amount on bottom layer of white bread. Spread ground sausage over top( not all of it).Put second layer of white bread on top of first. Repeat process.Top with remaining sausage and your choice of cheese.Put tin foil over top of cassarole dish and store overnight in fridge.

Heat oven to 350 degrees( make sure it's totally pre-heated)
Cook for approx. 30 min.( check after 20 min.)or until eggs are done.

Note: Don't worry about the bottom layer of bread. The egg will absorb through the bread overnight.

Makes a great Saturday or Sunday morning breakfast. ENJOY(Cajun style)

Consider it copied, pasted and printed!:Banane01:

Home Made Irish Cream

2 Cups heavy cream

2 14oz. sweetened condensed milk

3 1/2 C Irish wiskey :clap:

2 tsp instant coffee

4 tbls Hershy's chocolate syrup

2 tsp Vanilla extract

2 tsp Almond extract

Pour the wiskey and instant coffe in a bowl first,
(to disolve the coffee)

Add condensed milk, chocolate, extracts, and mix slightly.

Then add the cream, and mix with an electric mixer for a couple minutes, or until you see it get some air added, and start to thicken.

It is amazing how expensive this stuff is to buy, when you can make it better, and cheaper at home.

Will last in the fridge for about three weeks.

Calories included for free!

Sugar Glazed Roasted Carrots

This is one of the greatest recipes I have ever had passed my way. From a dear friend with BIG brains and BIGGER bosoms! (and she is smart!)
I dare you and your kids to stop eating these until they are gone!

1 1/2 pounds medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2 x 1/2 inch pieces.

2 Tbls butter, melted.

1 Tbl dark brown sugar

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp pepper

Adjust rack to the middle of the oven, and preheat oven to 475.

Heat rimmed baking sheet in oven for ten minutes.

Toss carrots, melted butter, sugar, salt and pepper in a bowl until thoroughly combined.

Remove hot pan from oven, and place carrots in single layer.

Roast until carrots are begining to brown on bottom, about 15 min.

Remove pan from oven, toss carrots to redistribute, and continue to roast until tender, and deep amber in color, about 3 min.

These are killer!