Recommendations for new drivers?

Wyle E Coyote

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm interested to hear how things are over in this camp. I've been with Con-Job for nearly 3 years now, and let's just say that I've not been impressed. And I recently was contacted by a terminal manager about an app I filed a few months back. So I'm curous to know what the skinny is over here.

I think that right now, the most important thing for me is to have a steady schedule and paycheck. So are the new hires all on-call guys or do they get some sort of set schedule (like set start times), or what?

Thanks everyone!

what terminal did you apply at

Not sure I want to say on here. It would not surprise me to learn that the Con-Job management would be watching and try to hunt me down. :ranting2::eck13: But I will say that I am in Idaho. And since there's two terminals in that state and most everyone would leave if they could, I'm faily safe I think. :biglaugh:

dont worry I am NOT wrongway conway mgmt, I was curious about which Oak Harbor called. You know about all the trouble they had with the strike and all. good to see hiring in these difficult times. Good luck

Thanks! THat's my main reason for asking, is because of the striking and assorted other problems they were having just a short time ago. Are the waters smoothing out or are they looking to hire because they lost some guys?

Not really sure what is going on there, it sure is quiet though. I do not think the company and the union are even talking at all. I think everyone is waiting for the other shoe to fall at YRC, you know what I mean.

Yeah I sure do. I think that everybody is just waiting for that. It will sure be crazy for a while after they fall. Kind of like a tsunami. LOL!

Yrc

Honestly, I thought they were goners a while back but they are selling assests for daily expenses and there is not much left. No turn-around insight yet so I guess the end is near. YRC has very little capital left and they are burning 1.5 million a day. If the Union gives another 5% wage cut and no pension contribution, it isn't enough to get them through. I gotta give them credit for trying. It never made sense for Yellow to buy Roadway and just compete against itself with all that duplicity in every city and town. I hope that Reddaway can pull away from this disaster before YRC sucks them down with them. Trucking is a cut-throat business.