Averitt | Recouping Freight

PopGoesTheWeasel

TB Lurker
Credits
It seriously bothers me when i see people not recouping freight that obliviously needs it. I seen people just ignore stuff that falls out of boxes like its just there for decorations (all freight jobs i worked at.. not just averitt) . Tonight i got a taste of this crap. Ordered a table from a big name store and it was shipped freight through a company we all know. It delivered to the store @ the end of march and i picked it up today. Once they brought the box out it had a rip in it so i was hoping i was lucky and everything was in there. Once i got it home and got all the parts out i notice im missing the 70+ bag of screws i need to put together the dining table. Also the manual is gone. I already know what happened to it as i worked at many freight shipping places. Those screws are in the nose of a trailer with wood chips about right now. Being that its Friday i wont able to contact the company to get screws+manual sent out to me. So now i have a table set just sitting in pieces on my kitchen floor.

Its a starter kitchen table set.. so i need all 70+ of those screws+hardware to put it together out the box.

By the way im surprised the glass table top made unharmed :tongue:

I'm hearing you. When I started working here I had a leader who trained us to treat freight like it was our own. But did I really need to be told this? No, Sorry for your trouble, I can imagine the frustration.

Here at my center the city driver better bring a roll if tape or shrink wrap if you're gonna deliver freight to a customer that makes it look half way presentable. These morning just don't care at all about trying to recoup freight. Because profit sharing is pretty important to me so I make more money I want to make sure I have as little claims as possible. It only takes a couple minutes to recoup and YOURE GETTING PAID TO DO IT!!!

Who can afford shrink wrap or tape? We need to be worried about whether we have white socks or our mustache is too long. That is far more important. Misplaced priorities are job 1 with this camp.

Lmao yeah you're dead on right. I'm in the Reserves and this company makes me feel in full time Active duty again because of their rules and regulations lol.