ODFL | Recruiter Job?

Beeman

TB Lurker
Credits
So who's applying for the OD recruiter job I've seen posted. Looks like they want someone to start visiting the driving schools and parking outside other carriers yards and truckstops to find new drivers. sounds like a great way to meet new and interesting people. Maybe they'll provide a motor home so you can park at truckstops and they can save the motel bills.

I saw that when I was in INDY. Looks like they want to add teams. There is alot of freight they need to move. One of our drivers called our regional V.P. because on certain weekends its difficult to run because of who is working in central. The V.P. told him they can never hire enough drivers and there is always freight to move. I think the turnover would be ALOT less if the company gets that linehaul rate up. I know drivers run down the road and hear other companys paying more cents per mile so they jump ship. As for the recruiting job, thats sounds like alot of time away from home, so Ill let you have it. Maybe they can turn a pup into a little apartment for you, and you can pull that around the country and wherever you are you will be at home.

kbigdog said:
I saw that when I was in INDY. Looks like they want to add teams. There is alot of freight they need to move. One of our drivers called our regional V.P. because on certain weekends its difficult to run because of who is working in central. The V.P. told him they can never hire enough drivers and there is always freight to move. I think the turnover would be ALOT less if the company gets that linehaul rate up. I know drivers run down the road and hear other companys paying more cents per mile so they jump ship. As for the recruiting job, thats sounds like alot of time away from home, so Ill let you have it. Maybe they can turn a pup into a little apartment for you, and you can pull that around the country and wherever you are you will be at home.

lol thats sounds like alot of fun, why it gotta be a pup though why not a 48 footer.

sparky said:
If I was OD I would put a real looker into that job much more likely to get a lot of response

And from just the right kind of people. Kind of like when a woman's voice comes on the CB, it's like male dogs around a female in heat.

Beeman said:
So who's applying for the OD recruiter job I've seen posted. Looks like they want someone to start visiting the driving schools and parking outside other carriers yards and truckstops to find new drivers. sounds like a great way to meet new and interesting people. Maybe they'll provide a motor home so you can park at truckstops and they can save the motel bills.
Haven't heard about this one,my boss visits trucking schools and local community colleges quite often,this must be a national thing huh?

Should be posted at your terminal, I believe they want 3 recruiters to go trolling across the country. It doesn't state salary, I wonder if it's a commission deal.

Were posted

Skywalker said:
Haven't heard about this one,my boss visits trucking schools and local community colleges quite often,this must be a national thing huh?

Luke,I saw D.H.post these thru out the terminal.Next day some of them were gone,day after that all were gone.The drivers were taking them home,I guess.Some of them have really got their heart set on one of those jobs.I would hate to be the one doing the picking.

Sorry bout that

Skywalker said:
Well that explains why I haven't seen any paper work on that huh?:wtflol:

Sorry about that Luke,I guess they forgot truckingboards is 24/7.Maybe they took them home so their kids could read it to them.

All joking aside I would have no problem recruiting for O.D., because I think its a great company. I would not have to give them a line of B.S. to potential drivers because I believe in the company. I have been linehaul, city, superviser, and each has its own benefits and drawbacks, but the good outways the bad here by a long shot. I wouldnt do the job because I dont want to be gone that much. I would guess youd get a nice salary, a Dodge Charger, or Magnum. You can take the owner of the driving schools to lunch, then thats paid for, hotels paid for of course. It just might be a good gig.

Other end

Skywalker said:
I wonder if there is a quota that has to be implied,that you have to recruit so many people per month,year,etc..etc?

If there is a quota it'll be on the other end.Apply,pass school,drive for 6 months.These guys are sharp.

My last duty station in the Navy was the Recruiting District in San Diego for almost a 1 1/2 before dishcharged.

I could sell "ODFL" easy ! up to who ever in charge after that to make them want to stay.