ABF | Recruiting temps for Carlisle

145'er 4 life

TB Lurker
Credits
I read by the timeclock today that the terminal manager is trying to get some volunteer 145 full time/casuals to goto Carlisle for 3 weeks in December! Did they lay off there? Too many on vacation? Just that busy? What other reasonswould they be trying this? Have they done this before? What are you opinions on why they are doing this? There wasn't much info about why! We have 2 people on lay off here at 145 already and I'm wondering if this is to test what employees are willing to do, why would they try to go all across the country for a "I'm guessing" hand full of people for this? What do we have an abundance of employees at 145? NOT!!

this is good. keeps PT off our customers docks hauling direct, and ABC corps logistics Co from finding other carriers. busy plus vacations plus weather. Seen people go to Denver before too.

That's cool.. But again why from across the whole United States, the west coast? Or are they asking closer terminals also?

the west coast?
The west friggin' coast??? You gots to be kidding. What all are they offering, travel, living and per Diem expenses? I guess paying an attractive wage is out of the question. And this is the first I've ever heard of such a move on their part. I guess they can't even find enough turban and sandal wearers to to fill the void. Game on!

So a quick update, there will be five people going to Pennsylvania as of now later on it might change.
I hear they are still 14 people short from what they originally wanted.. But that could of changed within 10 min. Any kind of roll call on who is going to go be a temp so these guys can go get some fresh meat?

The west friggin' coast??? You gots to be kidding. What all are they offering, travel, living and per Diem expenses? I guess paying an attractive wage is out of the question. And this is the first I've ever heard of such a move on their part. I guess they can't even find enough turban and sandal wearers to to fill the void. Game on!

As far as I know $1 more an hour and transportation and hotel are paid for. $35 a day to eat, hotel breakfast, cup o noodles for lunch, maybe splurge and get to go out for dinner?

[QUoffense5'er 4 life, post: 984887, member: 38465"]As far as I know $1 more an hour and transportation and hotel are paid for. $35 a day to eat, hotel breakfast, cup o noodles for lunch, maybe splurge and get to go out for dinner?[/QUOTE]
No offense brother, the 7% giveback gives abf lots of extra money to spend. By the way, I loaded your rails from 064 a few years ago(only the good ones of course). I did hear that car has no overtime on the dock because of a sweetheart deal made ..? Am I wrong?

I did hear that car has no overtime on the dock because of a sweetheart deal made ..? Am I wrong?
Are you saying nothing more than 8/40 hrs or no 1 1/2 for time over 8/40? Either way I haven't heard a peep on that.

If you give up the time and a half pay for hours worked over 8 and 40 for straight time pay for all hours worked then.......Well....I have no words for you.
If you just gave up working that extra time then more power to you . Go have a life and be with your family.

I do not believe that they gave up any money, hours maybe, money, no.

No OT in 042?? And here everyone all summer here are at 145 working 55-60 hours and %'s are always forced in on the 6th day.. Just recently they actually getting 2 days off.. Also the paper here for recruiting for the 042 hunting season, said possible 4-10's or 5-8's hmm I'm doubting that now that Alvin is in charge there.. He pushes for OT in every terminal he has been in lately as in 146 and 145 his numbers will look great starving us little terminals for this hunting deal.. I mean 145 were down 20% of people just on OJI and we didn't get help.. Just venting I guess.. Rumors are Alvin will do "Anything" just to make his numbers look good.. I feel for you at 042, he made numbers look great at 145 and then before he left it snow-balled like crazy out of control by tossing 100% more freight our way.. We were at times 50-60 trailers that were still in bound and another 40 arriving from rails and so on. And this was going on for just about 2 months.. Tearing into trailers at 8-9 am trying to the routes.. Many time route drivers didn't leave for 2.5 hours after they started just cause we had to get one more piece of freight that was due out of the nose of a pig that has been sitting in the yard for 2-3 days..

No OT in 042?? And here everyone all summer here are at 145 working 55-60 hours and %'s are always forced in on the 6th day.. Just recently they actually getting 2 days off.. Also the paper here for recruiting for the 042 hunting season, said possible 4-10's or 5-8's hmm I'm doubting that now that Alvin is in charge there.. He pushes for OT in every terminal he has been in lately as in 146 and 145 his numbers will look great starving us little terminals for this hunting deal.. I mean 145 were down 20% of people just on OJI and we didn't get help.. Just venting I guess.. Rumors are Alvin will do "Anything" just to make his numbers look good.. I feel for you at 042, he made numbers look great at 145 and then before he left it snow-balled like crazy out of control by tossing 100% more freight our way.. We were at times 50-60 trailers that were still in bound and another 40 arriving from rails and so on. And this was going on for just about 2 months.. Tearing into trailers at 8-9 am trying to the routes.. Many time route drivers didn't leave for 2.5 hours after they started just cause we had to get one more piece of freight that was due out of the nose of a pig that has been sitting in the yard for 2-3 days..
Percenters aren't just obligated five punches?

Where in the Contract can they pay 1 dollar more an hour? Seems to me the 042 Yes Girls would suck that up !!!!!!
Apparently they can goose anyone's pay if they want to, I'm surprised that it hasn't caused a mutiny yet.

deer hunting.