ABF | Recruiting temps for Carlisle

The Union is gunna help the %'rs so they don't have to work 6 days? Or sending them home after there 8-9 hours so they have enough to work the 6th day?

Can the %rs even sign the NO OT sheet? I don't think they even go by that. Unless someone with less seniority is asked to go home before them.. Right?

Last edited:
Would the supervisor just say lack of work and send him home after his 8 hours, loop hole? And then look at his timecard to see he has 8.5 hours to work on his 6th day.

Or are you saying the %rs are only obligated to pick up the phone 5 straight days and if they work those 5 days, they don't have to pick up the phone on the 6-7th days?

Would the supervisor just say lack of work and send him home after his 8 hours, loop hole? And then look at his timecard to see he has 8.5 hours to work on his 6th day.
Here you are only obligated to 5 starts. They had trouble getting volunteers for weekend work a few years ago so they made a new bid. Cant remember if it was a Tuesday through or a Sunday through.

Here at 050 a %er is only required for 5 punches. They could leave them home on say Wednesday and then they have to work Saturday on straight time but if they have worked Monday thru Friday even with hours available they are not required to work Saturday. I guess if they were forcing Saturday work that would have to be done from the bottom up and perhaps your %er falls in there.
I have never seen that here at 050 too many greedy guys who don't care about being off.
They did have Tuesday thru and Sunday thru here back in the days of the Amazon warehouses opening up.

Here at 050 a %er is only required for 5 punches. They could leave them home on say Wednesday and then they have to work Saturday on straight time but if they have worked Monday thru Friday even with hours available they are not required to work Saturday. I guess if they were forcing Saturday work that would have to be done from the bottom up and perhaps your %er falls in there.
I have never seen that here at 050 too many greedy guys who don't care about being off.
They did have Tuesday thru and Sunday thru here back in the days of the Amazon warehouses opening up.

I wish we would all be on the same contract across the board.. just sucks at times finding out stuff Soo different between terminals..

Just was told today about going to Carlisle is that our terminal is only letting us help for a week.. Kinda sucks, I was hoping to go see Philly for some grub... They are asking if we want to go first or second week, I think we all chose first.. I'm gunna try to see about getting extended since they didn't get the 50-60 people to come play in the cold there..

I wish we would all be on the same contract across the board.. just sucks at times finding out stuff Soo different between terminals..
Agree, 145. There's some supplements around the country that have some pretty tasty lingo too.
:hilarious: You guys are just too funny...Do you forget who we're working for???? :shrug: ABF wanted us all on the same contract but they wanted to pick the worst out of each supplement and wrap it all into one for us.

If they are putting you up in that bed bug infested, rat-hole just a 100 yards down the street where they keep the road drivers you might want to re think going there.

It's been almost a year since I have been in that hotel so it might have been cleaned up but I doubt it. Trail Tree Inn is what it use to be called. Think its called Days Inn now.
Years ago it was built for all the trucking terminals around it. Had 2 vans that ran every 1/2 hour just picking up & dropping freight drivers.
Last time I was there they had YRC, ABF & some Schneider trainees that stayed.
Last winter van driver (non English speaking person) rolled the hotel van w drivers in it. Don't know how he did that just going 100 yards up the road but he did. I was told he STILL drives the van.

It's been almost a year since I have been in that hotel so it might have been cleaned up but I doubt it. Trail Tree Inn is what it use to be called. Think its called Days Inn now.
Years ago it was built for all the trucking terminals around it. Had 2 vans that ran every 1/2 hour just picking up & dropping freight drivers.
Last time I was there they had YRC, ABF & some Schneider trainees that stayed.
Last winter van driver (non English speaking person) rolled the hotel van w drivers in it. Don't know how he did that just going 100 yards up the road but he did. I was told he STILL drives the van.
Days inn is across the street from the rent a rack

I have the skill, just no will...anymore.
I can tell you that the job is much more enjoyable when you lose your will and conscientiousness for the job. And you'll find less hair in the shower drain too. All in all nothing is your problem. All you are required to do is show up for work on time, be friendly and do your thing. No minimum number of stops, don't have to break your back, if that street looks bad go past it, pull over and make a call. If the customer thinks that they're smart and want to cheat the company out of residential and lift gate delivery just let them unload it by themselves.