Reddaway | Reddaway strike?

Ice Rider

TB Veteran
Credits
Just notified by my BA that the Teamsters have issued a 7 day notice to strike. it seems YRC does not want to pay for our health benefits. Union has told them to pay up or put us on the company plan.

I understand a man has to stand up. Strike if you need to. Not a good time for a strike but when is it ever. Got to get the companies from walking all over you. We stood the line for 5 months and know Oak Harbor is going to court before a Federal Judge for their treatment of employees. I think companies think they can decide to just quit paying for what they agreed to in the contracts. Somewhere it has to stop. How far backwards can we all go.

yes they paid our medical,with a 15 percent pay cut that the union didnt take we non union workers have preetty much lost our ass.when we got the paycut in nov ...they also cut all overtime out.if you do the math on the overtime ...when we got an hour it is a 22 and a half percent reduction. time to stand up to them thanks guys.im 55 have moved three times in a year..old lady hates me now..as well she should.they keep takin our ::shit:: away.hours,pay,self esteem,work ethic.they have have destroyed 90 years of hard work,pride and dignity.you guys stand up and do what us non -union guys cant even do.we have no voice,no help,no future.i got your back

TWO Union barns did not take the pay cut! TWO. The rest of us took it in the shorts just like the non-union barns plus we have been contributing to our health insurance so get the facts right. We will see how much the "union contract " means, YRC does not want to pay our health and welfare anymore I guess the contract does not mean that much in reality, the Teamsters are "in negotiations with YRC" gobbledegook for we will take it in the shorts again probably higher contributions on the employees part when all is said and done. WOW nothing like the security of a good union contract! with guaranteed benefits and where the employer cannot treat you unfairly........blahblahblah BULLS#!T!

I think I would be running over to the two barns hall to find out where I could sign a card . ( If that is true ) Looks as if they got a bit of clout their.
You will never get anything unless U ALL are together !!

My hat is off to those guys that voted against the pay cut they had the balls to call the YRC bluff, to my knowledge I was the only NO vote at my barn. The others followed our UNION BA's advice to take the paycut or according to him we would be shut down as our operating cost would be to high. I would rather end up on unemployment making top scale than to go there making 15% less, thats where we will end up anyway our stock is down at .22 per share the other 45 union companies that went out of business since 1980 were unable to pull it out and they were not this low. YRC has tried eveything they tried, they have kicked the can down the street and now we are in a culdesac. YRC= Yellow Ruins Companies

My hat is off to those guys that voted against the pay cut they had the balls to call the YRC bluff, to my knowledge I was the only NO vote at my barn. The others followed our UNION BA's advice to take the paycut or according to him we would be shut down as our operating cost would be to high. I would rather end up on unemployment making top scale than to go there making 15% less, thats where we will end up anyway our stock is down at .22 per share the other 45 union companies that went out of business since 1980 were unable to pull it out and they were not this low. YRC has tried eveything they tried, they have kicked the can down the street and now we are in a culdesac. YRC= Yellow Ruins Companies

I hired on with Roadway Express, voted NO to the concessions and will go down with the ship when it sinks.

I never liked Yellow Frieght [not the drivers/workers] and I hate dollar bill for what he did to both companies.

Nuff said.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

I agree with you, I have nothing but respect for the employees, we are all out here trying to make a living I dont care if you drive for yellow or FedEX we as drivers have no say in business decisions made by small minded men in big chairs

Reddaway has shown time and again that they are scared to death of a strike. The members in the NW know it but the new members under the Western agreement are figuring it out. If the company prompts a strike all of those management types lose their jobs. They won't let a strike happen that is why they have not implimented the economic concessions on the members that work under the NW agreement. If they impliment there would be a strike in the NW.

In this economy YRC, Reddaway and ABF knows it would be ******* to strike, FedEx, Old Dominion, SAIA, ESTES and others would take our customers so fast we would have nothing to come back too. This is not 1980 it is 2010 and there are not enough union companies to put up a strong strike

In this economy YRC, Reddaway and ABF knows it would be ******* to strike, FedEx, Old Dominion, SAIA, ESTES and others would take our customers so fast we would have nothing to come back too. This is not 1980 it is 2010 and there are not enough union companies to put up a strong strike

Amen to that, driver.

I'd love to go on strike, since it won't matter to us YRC drivers as we are dead ducks, but it wouldn't help the other Teamster Union drivers to stay in the freight business.

Amen to that, driver.

I'd love to go on strike, since it won't matter to us YRC drivers as we are dead ducks, but it wouldn't help the other Teamster Union drivers to stay in the freight business.

[quote author=ICE RIDER link=topic=81003.msg838932#msg838932 date=1277000974]
[/quote]SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, if they didnt take the PAYCUT, WHAT ARE THEY MAKING AN HR.?