Reddaway | Reddaway to close terminals

Havent heard yet but it is possiable.

Hey RETARD84 your up there and my friends say the only terminal that might close is Salem and that has been talked about FOR YEARS because it is so small like your brain and that there is no way that K-falls and the ofther one can't be serviced out of Medford but then you should know that as you know all and as you tell it I don't know ::shit:: and like I say your right I DO NOT KNOW YOU AND DO NOT WANT TO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Retard84

Haven't heard yet cause I'm passed out or I haven't responded because I cant - pour me - pour me - pour me another and I'll preach, you do nothing but bad mouth me I do nothing but say what I hear or see and have twice came back and said ok my bad I got told wrong but you have no clue as to whats going on in SO Cal and or OR. and that's because no one from your local has told you cause that's the only place you get yours from, yet you know all. guess what everyone else on here that reads this knows who is full of it. Happy New Year I hope you can put a few bottles down and I don't mean drinking them down as you are and get a little bit of clear thinking. my best hope you come too sometime.

Coos Bay only has four drivers and could be serviced from Roseburg if it had to. As it is, it runs as a satellite of Roseburg and Roseburg ferries freight to them and sends drivers if they need help. Roseburg could be run from Eugene; other companies do this. Eugene has covered Newport, but it's a loooooong day if you don't stay on the coast--fourteen hours easy because Newport runs clear up to Tillamook and halfway to Portland, not to mention the two hour stem time just to get there. Bend runs nearly all the way to Klamath Falls as it is, they could take over if they had to. Is any of this ideal? NO. I hope it doesn't happen, and it doesn't sound as if it will.

If we gave up the coast we'd most likely be looking at interlining with TP. Yellow already kicks all their coast freight that way. Anything is doable. Service would suffer in a larg way, though, and it sounds as if Reddaway is actually still trying to keep up service.

You guy's dont really believe that someone will actually buy Reddaway? Why on earth would anyone buy a company that has been run into the ground. Think man!!

You are forgetting a once very profitable company before YRCW and they would buy the lanes. Very prfitable lanes i must say. They would indeed be a profitable comapny again if someone were to buy them.

I understand that on Monday, February 8, 2010....Newport, Coos Bay are CLOSING. Reddaway will keep only one resident driver in Brookings. Salem not on the list, however they are losing their contractual line runs. The end is coming it seems.

Actually I can see why this move makes sence, with the economic crisis the company faces. What makes absolutley no sence is moving P&D and line work from Seattle to Tacoma. The Seattle terminal is about 15 miles from the Tacoma terminal and is much larger. The Tacoma move would cause the freight flow to go with rush hour traffice instead of against it as it does now. It would make much better sence, economically, to close Tacoma and move that work into Seattle. This is a F**k you to the Seattle people because we had the most percentage of no votes on that piece of S**t offer the company put out there. Don't be surprised with the fight that comes when and if Reddaway deciddes to move this work to Tacoma.

That's right, on FEB 21st all feight south of 277th will be moving to Tacoma. Actually this move does make sense since some Seattle people do not want to help Reddaway but to " take the company down with them."
So sorry but it looks like only Seattle may be taken down. A few smart Seattle drivers and dockworkers will be given the chance to join Tacoma's, non-union family. This move will give Tacoma some 60 more inbound shipments and over 150 outbound shipments. Great news for Tacoma's Line which will be increasing while Seattle's line will be home, waiting on call. Wise up Seattle, take the 15% cut while you are still apart of Reddaway!!!

Official today Brookings - Newport & Coos Bay closed Monday but no big deal as two of these only have two city trucks and not many drivers & dock and should have been closed a year or two ago, as far as Tacoma and Seattle there's a lot of drivers and trucks at both and what about the Bay area in Cal. 4 treminals in a a tight area how come no consolidation there ? Also in SO Cal 4 terminals in a tight groupe as well and no consolidation but then again the union there voted for the wage reduction.
You guy's up there go on fight the good fight .

Add The Dalles to the list of casualties too.................

The Dalles is still open and opperating, more people have been cut positions eliminated thru out the system once again.
OK, let me be specific...........
The Dalles will be closing; you're right wrench, they're open, but not for long.
As for more system cutting, Reddaway is trying to do what executive level management said couldn't be done.....cutting themselves back to profitability.
To their credit, they're only following whatever orders YRC is barking at them, because the parent company bought us to liquidate us, like the companies they did this to before us.
And we had a lot to liquidate.
What a bittersweet 90th anniversary........90 years worth of top notch service and growth.......down the drain..........Thanks YRC

No doubt about about it I used to be top notch wrench but then some POS banker gave them the money to ruin us and sell great terminals and move us into POS terminals that were once the pride of YRC - what a f-ing joke they put dispatch in the middle of the freaking shop.

Effective Monday the 22 nd of February, 3 terminals closing and all equipment to be moved to other terminals.
564 The Dalles moved into 501 Portland - 597 Colorado Springs moved into 595 Denver and 583 Kalispell MT. moved into Missoula.
Thats all I got.

Is it true you are moving the Sacramento terminal back to the old yard in West Sac (Harbor Blvd.) and YRC is leaving the old Roadway yard in West Sac and moving back to the 52nd Street yard?

Is it true you are moving the Sacramento terminal back to the old yard in West Sac (Harbor Blvd.) and YRC is leaving the old Roadway yard in West Sac and moving back to the 52nd Street yard?

If the 52nd street terminal is the best then yeah YRC always puts us in the worst POS terminal they can ! just like they did to Portland.