Reddaway | Reddaway wants another 10% of your check!

Hey Ice, thanks for checking on managements reinstatement of their pay cut. And I have to agree with Crazy and his thought about Yrc doing what they wanna do when they wanna do it. Simple fact is there isnt a whole lotta work out there to be had. Which puts the ball in Yrcs court. My opinion of yrcs big guns is that they really dont care if you have a job or not cuz their money is the bank, I'm talkin about their golden parachutes of course. It may be unfair of me to say that , but that's the way I see it.

Unfortunately I agree with you, Reddaway in my opinion does not exist anymore. We are all employees of YRC, maintinance, equipment specs and "Reddaway management" discretion has all gone to hell here since YRC took over. This is not the company it once was, pre-YRC. TM's dont seem to care anymore and neither does the regional management, it seems as though there is no will to succeed on their part or at the very least they are being told to stand down by YRC because many of the upper management here, were here when we were kicking YRC's A$$ in the west. So what has changed???? YRC bought us.

How true, Reddaway is certainly no longer Reddaway. A shame really, since at one time it was in my opinion the best of the best. As far as upper and lower management not giving a hoot if the company stays in business or not, I wonder if attitudes are going to change now that Fed Ex is consolidating terminals. Lot of good TMs to be had after the dust settles.:kicking:

With all the merger's going on around the trucking industry maybe YRCW time has come. They could sure cut the fat out of this mess by merging all operations into one. Keep the newest property's and equipment and sell the rest.
PCL up in Idaho is now home to YRC & Reddaway under one roof. I believe their are many more out West that could fall into this cost savings. Just a thought no rumor !!

With all the merger's going on around the trucking industry maybe YRCW time has come. They could sure cut the fat out of this mess by merging all operations into one. Keep the newest property's and equipment and sell the rest.
PCL up in Idaho is now home to YRC & Reddaway under one roof. I believe their are many more out West that could fall into this cost savings. Just a thought no rumor !!

I heard from a Poc. driver that sharing the Poc. barn lasted about two weeks but they are no longer sharing a terminal as far as I understand? I would rather they just spin us off, all merging would do is make us a permanent part of that mess called YRCW

It's amazing how much pebbles beats the drivers for production. And now a possible 2nd wage cut ?

It's amazing how much pebbles beats the drivers for production. And now a possible 2nd wage cut ?

Steaker, I have a lot of respect for you even though we disagree on some issues. Where besides this post have you seen or heard of another "paycut?" So far it is one truck driver saying it, you and I have been around to long to give that any credibility.

anyone heard of what kind of concessions the regional carriers are gonna get hit with? everyone knows the union boys are'nt the only ones to give something up!!

I have not heard anything, so far the union is negotiating a pass on pension contributions and work rules, I would "THINK" (I do not know for sure) that the non's will probably end up contributing to health benefit's, we at union barns already do. I have been contrubuting for over a year so the line of thought that what happens to us means something will happen to the non's right away is not alway's correct. The union is having their two man meeting tomorrow (9-29-10) in Dallas, I will let you know what come's of it, or you can go to the YRC forum and get it there. since Reddaway is not contributing to your 401k (we do not ever get company contributions since we are union) that is equivalent to the pass they are getting on pension contributions so I would not look to get that back anytime soon.

I've been waiting for a memo to come out telling us nons that we will be contributing to our health bennies any time now. We've been lucky so far! I think we are the only ones that don't contribute something. I know ConWay and FedEx does. And I did'nt realize that the union barns do too.

Yes we contribute, it is not much $30 per month I think? so it is a bargain still. The contract limits our contribution to a certain percentage. It is "my opinion" That if the company started making you contribute more than $100 per month (if you are linehaul) it may benefit you at that time to vote in the union since you have to pay union dues and contribute, but as a union member that was a non for a couple years before it was voted in here, I see no other real tangible benefit to being union at Reddaway. If you consider my dues and health contributions, I technically bring home less$$ than a non.

Ice Rider, There are a lot of things on the table. Shuster just met with us and said nothing has been decided, and dont worry. However he said paying for partial medical, and other things are part of management conversation. The company "YRCW" is looking to reduce costs, maybe through 2 weeks instead 4 weeks vacation. Maybe something else. We dont know yet. They will twist arms till they get something. Shuster said it was all Rumors, including Zollars leaving. The next day Zollars gave notice. BE SAFE

Last edited by a moderator:
Sell everything you have cuz, Reddaway is gonna take another 10%! Thats right 1.97 is going away, that will put you at $17.73hr.! Dont worry about voting on it SACRAMENTO cuz you dont get to VOTE! :clapping::438:

Where did you come up with this BS??? Did you get this off the reliable cb? Read the tentative agreement, and educate yourself just a little before posting rumors.

63Fever, it is typical union BS, they came to our shop 3 years ago and said we needed to sign cards because YRC was going to merge Reddaway into YRC and all the nons would be left out. We would be union so we would get seniority "feathered in"... my question was feathered into what? most guys that are left at YRC have 20 years seniority, how many guys at Reddaway have been here 20 years? Fear is a powerful thing, the union uses it to get cards signed. As I said in my earlier post, anyone considering the union should read the YRC forum and ask yourself, are these drivers really any better off than the nons? have they taken a smaller paycut? are their benefits any better? are their jobs really any more secure? I am not anti union, however being one that has been on both sides of the fence at this company I fail to see where becoming union has improved my work place, my paycheck, my benefits ( I actually have less in my state) or my job security. I pay dues but for what? the privelage to attend union meetings? to insure Hoffa has a paycheck? support politicians such as Obama, Pelosi and Reid? or is it so I can simply say I am union?

63Fever, it is typical union BS, they came to our shop 3 years ago and said we needed to sign cards because YRC was going to merge Reddaway into YRC and all the nons would be left out. We would be union so we would get seniority "feathered in"... my question was feathered into what? most guys that are left at YRC have 20 years seniority, how many guys at Reddaway have been here 20 years? Fear is a powerful thing, the union uses it to get cards signed. As I said in my earlier post, anyone considering the union should read the YRC forum and ask yourself, are these drivers really any better off than the nons? have they taken a smaller paycut? are their benefits any better? are their jobs really any more secure? I am not anti union, however being one that has been on both sides of the fence at this company I fail to see where becoming union has improved my work place, my paycheck, my benefits ( I actually have less in my state) or my job security. I pay dues but for what? the privelage to attend union meetings? to insure Hoffa has a paycheck? support politicians such as Obama, Pelosi and Reid? or is it so I can simply say I am union?

You pay dues for the support and protection of the Union. Look at how the non Union was just handed the MOU with out any choice. At least we got to vote on it, and with coming concessions we will have the chance to vote on those as well. I am pretty close with MY BA, and this BS was not started bt the Union, I guarantee it. These type of rumors are started by radio rambos, and guys like the weeble wobble out of Stockton who will run with anything you feed him. In the new concessions they want a week vacation from those holding 4 or more. June of 2011 they only want to contribute 25% of the pension, and they want to extend the MOU out to 2015. We will get our chance to tell YRC where to stick it, the non Union will just be handed the concessions. Personally I will gladly pay dues to have the freedom to choose my future. BTW there are a lot of guys who have been here close to or even more than 20 years.

sorry ice rider, but it was a collective vote, all union members in the northwest voted on their new contract, the 15% was in the contract, and they voted NO!
thomas, you got some of it right but lets not forget, medford, eugene, portland, olympia, k-falls (whats left of them), seattle, spokane (drivers only) and a few others that I have not mentioned, all non-union terminals were cut 15%, tacoma, which is about 30 miles from seattle, pasco, yakima, bend, spokane (dock and city). SO QUIT GUESSING, YOU SEEM IGNORANT !!!