Reddaway | Reddaway's Non-Union Employee's Get 10% Cut/Reddaway Union Employee's Get choice...

Benny Hill

I'm Back (kinda)
Credits
This is some information everyone, Union and Non-Union, at Reddaway should find very interesting. I'm posting this to maybe help clear up some of the misunderstandings/disagreements between some of you. You tell me what it means to you?

Maybe this will answer the question for Non-Union Reddaway employee's? Now it could be referring to management personal only but, it doesn't sound that way to me. Has anyone said anything about a 7% ownership stake in the company? Maybe they're only talking about management, you tell me what it means?

Non-union employees will experience the same or greater percent reduction in total compensation as their union counterparts, including modifications made last year to the non-union pension, retirement and other benefit programs. Non-union employees have also received options to purchase up to a seven percent ownership stake in the company. Senior executives will reduce total compensation, but will not be eligible to participate in the stock option program.

And yes, the Union terminals will get to vote, if they take a wage reduction or not.

A number of other Teamster bargaining units and bargaining units represented by other unions are not subject to the National Master Freight Agreement. The company's estimates of cost savings also assume that a significant number of these additional bargaining units ratify similar proposals.

Click here for the entire story, its got alot of good info in it.

Teamsters Overwhelmingly Vote 'Yes' to Modify Current Contract with YRC Worldwide | SYS-CON UK

I like the last paragraph where they talk about YRC owning several successful brands like Holland, Reddaway, and New Penn and such. The only problem with that is they "were" successful until YRC came along. They are no longer successful

On the other stuff I'm reading it the same as you Benny.

I am NON-union reddaway and I have not been offered a 7% stake in the company.still there is no official document stating that reddaway in general will take a cut.most of what we are reading is reguarding YRC non union (management-clercial).now I know we are all part of YRCW but reddaway is still printed on our pay checks.and they say only 40,000 will take a paycut.that leaves 18,000 that wont.I beleive reddaway is 7500-8000 union and non union together.that still leaves over 10,000 that wont be affected.this plan doesnt make sense they had better get real specific real fast.:popcorn:

You would think they would have all their ducks in a row. To be vague at this point is stupid and ridiculous. We all know those that run the place have no idea what they are doing. But you are right. They need to get real specific and fast.

they get to vote?

This is some information everyone, Union and Non-Union, at Reddaway should find very interesting. I'm posting this to maybe help clear up some of the misunderstandings/disagreements between some of you. You tell me what it means to you?

Maybe this will answer the question for Non-Union Reddaway employee's? Now it could be referring to management personal only but, it doesn't sound that way to me. Has anyone said anything about a 7% ownership stake in the company? Maybe they're only talking about management, you tell me what it means?

Non-union employees will experience the same or greater percent reduction in total compensation as their union counterparts, including modifications made last year to the non-union pension, retirement and other benefit programs. Non-union employees have also received options to purchase up to a seven percent ownership stake in the company. Senior executives will reduce total compensation, but will not be eligible to participate in the stock option program.

And yes, the Union terminals will get to vote, if they take a wage reduction or not.

A number of other Teamster bargaining units and bargaining units represented by other unions are not subject to the National Master Freight Agreement. The company's estimates of cost savings also assume that a significant number of these additional bargaining units ratify similar proposals.

Click here for the entire story, its got alot of good info in it.

Teamsters Overwhelmingly Vote 'Yes' to Modify Current Contract with YRC Worldwide | SYS-CON UK
Lets see if I get it, the terminal down the street (52) miles, LAX is union. they get to vote, if it don't pass company wide, then I (the non-unionist)will be working for 10% less than a barn 52 miles from mine.. I dont think that's gonna fly:cuss::cuss:

52 miles down the street they get to vote.
52 miles back they get told what they will do.
What do you think the answer is to this will not fly will be ?
Theirs the door!

They get to vote....

Lets see if I get it, the terminal down the street (52) miles, LAX is union. they get to vote, if it don't pass company wide, then I (the non-unionist)will be working for 10% less than a barn 52 miles from mine.. I dont think that's gonna fly:cuss::cuss:
You didn't get it. If it didn't pass(Vote for 10% giveback), (YRC) was rumbling closing the doors period(Everyone-Union/Non-Union), If it does(which did) pass(Everyone-Union/Non-Union) takes a 10% less. Then whatever stock options are offered too. Hope this helps clarify.

no vote

You didn't get it. If it didn't pass(Vote for 10% giveback), (YRC) was rumbling closing the doors period(Everyone-Union/Non-Union), If it does(which did) pass(Everyone-Union/Non-Union) takes a 10% less. Then whatever stock options are offered too. Hope this helps clarify.
well joe-roadway This is a reddaway thread and no, reddaway did not vote yes on a paycut for reddaway. i hope this clears things up:chairshot::chairshot:

No vote...

well joe-roadway This is a reddaway thread and no, reddaway did not vote yes on a paycut for reddaway. i hope this clears things up:chairshot::chairshot:
littlepuppet, it's Jodroadway, not Joe, so maybe that's a start of the misunderstanding you need to clear up. I didn't have any problem understanding the issue, and I knew which thread I was on also, having a higher end triple-digit iq helps:chairshot:. But your right, reddaway didn't get the vote, being non-union, and I didn't say you did get to vote on the last thread. I stated that it was put to us that YRCW would shut down the doors on all of it(EVERYONE-union/non-union) if vote(union) didn't pass in this bad ecomony of trying times. Basically I was saying that, no the union LAX wouldn't be getting more $$ and that the barn 52 miles would take the hit. Everyone's taking the hit, and no one is happy feeling they were forced to take a wage cut.

Sorry to anyone, if I offended, it was not my intent. I was just trying to help clarify a small detail to a fellow trucker. Hopefully the mother ship will stay afloat, and not sink EVERYONE underneath. Have a good day!:1036316054:

they never one time mentioned reddaway would shut down.you guys just assumed that YRCW meant all of the subsidaries would close if YRC national didnt take the cut.no one knows what YRCW is doing because they have yet to send out any official letters explaining what part if any reddaway will have in the give backs.and by the way jodroadway, USF reddaway is 75% union.they are on 2 white paper contracts totaly seperate from the NMFA.the north west agreement is in negotiations and the western agreement doesnt expire till 2012.they will have to vote on any concesions just like the NMFA.we will have to wait and see what YRCW does with reddaway.:popcorn:

ok

littlepuppet, it's Jodroadway, not Joe, so maybe that's a start of the misunderstanding you need to clear up. I didn't have any problem understanding the issue, and I knew which thread I was on also, having a higher end triple-digit iq helps:chairshot:. But your right, reddaway didn't get the vote, being non-union, and I didn't say you did get to vote on the last thread. I stated that it was put to us that YRCW would shut down the doors on all of it(EVERYONE-union/non-union) if vote(union) didn't pass in this bad ecomony of trying times. Basically I was saying that, no the union LAX wouldn't be getting more $$ and that the barn 52 miles would take the hit. Everyone's taking the hit, and no one is happy feeling they were forced to take a wage cut.

Sorry to anyone, if I offended, it was not my intent. I was just trying to help clarify a small detail to a fellow trucker. Hopefully the mother ship will stay afloat, and not sink EVERYONE underneath. Have a good day!:1036316054:
Ok johnroadway I'll take a closer look at that name thing. BTW where did you get the " higher up 3 digit IQ' anyway? Shouldn't you be building rockets or something?:BS::guiness:

Well you guys,I was told that on our pay summary (Reddaway)it is reflecting a change in wage.We got a raise, not a cut in wage.But I can tell you we will find out come this friday when its payday!!!

Usfretl vague

I am NON-union reddaway and I have not been offered a 7% stake in the company.still there is no official document stating that reddaway in general will take a cut.most of what we are reading is reguarding YRC non union (management-clercial).now I know we are all part of YRCW but reddaway is still printed on our pay checks.and they say only 40,000 will take a paycut.that leaves 18,000 that wont.I beleive reddaway is 7500-8000 union and non union together.that still leaves over 10,000 that wont be affected.this plan doesnt make sense they had better get real specific real fast.:popcorn:

THE REASON YOUR NOT GETTING ALL THE INFO IS BECAUSE USFRETL DOESNT WANT YOU TO RUN LIKE THE WIND TO YOUR LOCAL UNION HALL! THEIR GONNA TURN THE HEAT UP SLOWLY, LIKE COOKING A FROG.LOL THEY DONT WANT YOU TO JUMP OUT OF THE POT!:flame::Flame-On:

Well you guys,I was told that on our pay summary (Reddaway)it is reflecting a change in wage.We got a raise, not a cut in wage.But I can tell you we will find out come this friday when its payday!!!

The non union drivers in the NW just got a RAISE and when the company and the IBT start talking again on Feb 10 th the company is asking for a 10 % CUT :biglaugh: If a contract comes up for a vote with a cut of ANY kind IM voting N O !!!

The non union drivers in the NW just got a RAISE and when the company and the IBT start talking again on Feb 10 th the company is asking for a 10 % CUT :biglaugh: If a contract comes up for a vote with a cut of ANY kind IM voting N O !!!

I hear you.

$22.88/hr

Yep got a raise top pay is now $22.88 an hour not a bad deal, but no company match on the 401k.That is gone baby gone.:Flame-On: