Holland | redstar northeast

owlpuss

TB Lurker
Credits
arter agreement with teamsters ends jan 07 will holland open up northeast they can hire who they want at 75% and usf is in charge of new penn i think the sh is really going to fly after first of the year

arter agreement with teamsters ends jan 07 will holland open up northeast they can hire who they want at 75% and usf is in charge of new penn i think the sh is really going to fly after first of the year

Keep in mind that YRC is in charge of USF. NPMF has already established a reputation of premium service in the northeast & they can also hire who they want at 75%.

Might be a little wishful thinking here.Just why would you mess with a companys area that is known for service.In other words why mess with a carrier like New Penn that is making a lot of money in one of the toughest business areas in the nation.They are established..There is room for Holland to grow in that area but I can't see them taking over there. Only time will tell.These corporations are doing things never dreamed of before. Owlpuss you might be right about the Sh hitting the fan.Who knows.Merry Christmas.

Might be a little wishful thinking here.Just why would you mess with a companys area that is known for service.In other words why mess with a carrier like New Penn that is making a lot of money in one of the toughest business areas in the nation.They are established..There is room for Holland to grow in that area but I can't see them taking over there. Only time will tell.These corporations are doing things never dreamed of before. Owlpuss you might be right about the Sh hitting the fan.Who knows.Merry Christmas.
Dirtball- I have to agree with you on this... I can't see YRC doing anything to weaken the NPMF name in the northeast. I think that it is an asset of considerable value to them the same way the Holland name is of value to them in the midwest....They are both moneymakers.

But in this world of corporate downsizing & costcutting who knows what YRC has on the planning board. Especially with Yellow's coo to move into the PSE mode.

I just hope that the IBT steps up & protects the Holland expansion Teamsters as well as the NPMF Teamsters when the sh.. does start

My opinion, I do not think Holland will open any more terminals east of where they are established now. Only if new Penn isn’t servicing that area. Big brother is cutting costs everywhere so why have a duplicate company competing for the same freight and lose money doing it. The costs of just starting up new terminals, trucks, equipment, and land, I just don’t see it. But I could be wrong, just my opinion.

new penn can hire new people at 75% BUT what about all the men they already have at full rate holland will have all new hires no vacations no past practices dark barns roadmen work the dock holland work rules alowed by teamsters northeast deal

I think the system that is in place isn’t broke, so why try to fix it?? It would cost more to change over to Holland’s work rules in the upper northeast than to just make New Penn bigger.

new penn can hire new people at 75% BUT what about all the men they already have at full rate holland will have all new hires no vacations no past practices dark barns roadmen work the dock holland work rules alowed by teamsters northeast deal

I don't think that it will be that easy for Holland to bring their kick & pick type operation into the northeast.

Like you have said the 2 year rehire agreement between Holland & the IBT expires next month... Any new operations will have to be negotiated with the local unions under their supplements.

I don't know about up in the New England states, but I doubt if the local unions in the NY/NJ area will agree to allow them to operate outside of our contract... It would certainly give Holland an unfair advantage.

I am not a union official so naturally anything that I post is just my opinion...And as hard up as the unions are for new members who knows what they might agree to.

That expansion agreement to hire former Red Star employees at Holland was a huge joke. What a sham that was. May as well been written on toilet paper...the bastids!!!

i said it a few months ago in my opinion after the agreement with redstar drivers ends next year, you will see the usf banner on new penns equipment

i said it a few months ago in my opinion after the agreement with redstar drivers ends next year, you will see the usf banner on new penns equipment

I think you would see one heck of a war if they put the USF banner on new Penn’s, equipment. I would expect to see Yellows name there, on all of them USF’s and Roadway’s included. So lets just keep it the way it is, and we all hopefully will be safe and happy.

:smilie_132:

First, please understand that USF is no longer in business !! The companies you refer to are Holland, Bestway and others operating under the YRC regional group, same as New Penn.
Instead attempting to inflame others, get your facts straight and think before you write any opinions that are completely wrong.

It makes sense that holland would expand into the new england area, they already have the customer base built up by new penn,but they wont go in there in there own terminals, YRC will continue to blend them in with the other YRC companys.As far as their kick and pick work rules don't be surprised after april 08 that all YRC companys will have the same rules.I dont think holland has any intrest in the NY/NJ metro area.As far as effecting new penn in that area, Holland will go after freight for their own area.Finally dont expect the union to protect anybodys job, these are the same people who threw away 1500 jobs for the promise of 500.

yes get your facts , yrc purchasedusfc they are yrc regional carriers usf is still around ,roadway, and yellow are there long haul ltl

i worked for red star and usf blew smoke upp u know were ,we belived they were going too restructure red star,they lied and closed us over two thousand teamster jobs gone, as u know