Regina,Canada (2) killed in a pickup that was hit by a Semi in dense fog.

i cant count the times ive seen 4 wheelers runnin without their lites on daytime runnin lites only and no tail lites at all

Here's why I said what I said:

Why must people ensist on driving in zero visibility? How dumb can you get? It's simple logic. If you cannot see far enough ahead to maintain a safe stop, don't drive. NEVER outdrive your ability to stop, no matter how 'important' that load is.

Airbrakes I totally agree with you on this issue.
Never do anything beyond your judgment of what you know is safe.
A life time of regrets won't change a second of an error in judgment.

Airbrakes I totally agree with you on this issue.
Never do anything beyond your judgment of what you know is safe.
A life time of regrets won't change a second of an error in judgment.

In this industry, who was at fault and who wasn't at fault doesn't matter. What matters is whether or not the accident was preventable or non-preventable. This accident was completely preventable, because there is no excuse to warrant driving in such conditions.

And yes, I agree with you too. This was a bad judgement call by all parties. Now this truck driver has to live with the fact that he killed 2 people when there was something he could have done to prevent it.

The little while it would have taken for the fog to clear.
And we would not be commenting on either driver.

The article clearly states that the pickup was passing the semi in dense fog. It seems that the driver of the semi may have adjusted his/her speed for conditions and the driver of the pickup was impatient.

I was referring to the idiots in the pickup who caused the accident.

The article clearly states that the pickup was passing the semi in dense fog. It seems that the driver of the semi may have adjusted his/her speed for conditions and the driver of the pickup was impatient.

In this industry, who was at fault and who wasn't at fault doesn't matter. What matters is whether or not the accident was preventable or non-preventable. This accident was completely preventable, because there is no excuse to warrant driving in such conditions.

Yup don't know about Canada,but the US fed.,DOT says if you are a professional driver.
Someone who makes their living driving commercial vehicles.
You share the blame in any crash even if it was not directly your fault.
If you didn't take every action to prevent it.