Holland | Regionals a drag on YRCW

No sheep here , voted no on all mou's. Was counting down the months till contract when they blindsided us with the last mou. Voted no, our local voted no even the 2nd time, but now were stuck with this crap deal another 4 yrs
Till they come looking for more!!! Early next year??

Till they come looking for more!!! Early next year??

they cant find drivers now, and are recruiting straight out of school. good luck trying to come back for more. coming back for more might as well be chaining the gates. 2 senior guys have put in their 2 weeks that ive heard of this week, and i'm only in the break room for 20 minutes at a time.
if they want to replace any of these guys they are losing, they better start coming up with better ideas than fingerprint scanners and uniforms....

A friend of mine was #156 on the board until they merged Roadtoad and Yeller together. After the merge, he dropped to #312 or something like that. Then he immediately got laid off. Be careful what you ask for. I'd fight any merger until the death.
Your right if flash if they merged all of us I'd be up ::shit:: creek with all the guys still on layoff on yrc road board greenville sc. Friend of mine just got called back and he down for 6yrs.Layoff plus hog board will destroy my teamster career.

im not worried about a merge, they kept the regionals that make money consistently separate for a reason.
I don't see there ever being a merger between Holland and YRC. I wouldn't worry about it all. I know that Holland isn't making the money that they used to, but they still have potential of a rebound. I don't see it with YRC. Never kill that goose that lays the golden egg.
:hide:

Finger print scanners don't work, drive a Roadway truck, pull a Yellow trailer and wear a YRC shirt:scratchhead:. As long as the check clears its all good cause when all this comes together :grouphug:we'll re-gear this thing and not mail it in. I control my attitude and excuses and put in my effort to do the job the way the union job is supposed to be work. It isn't easy being cut from the cloth that we have been cut from but we worked hard to be here and people know it. A will to win and to still be here is what we all want, we're not here for the 15%, pension cuts and tearing down the contract.

Yeah I could leave but I know of a fellow brother who jumped ship to another company and tried to get others to go over there. Five years later the company got rid of its company drivers and subcontracted the work. Asked if he wanted to come back and he said he would but won't (too much pride).

that's the situation that ive heard of, going for greener pastures that turn out to be no better than here. I know of a guy who is taking a decent pay cut to leave, which makes no sense at all. I have heard of some guys who quit SB road board to go to wally world, and quit within a year, because its not the magic job that everyone paints it to be. I have heard of senior road guys who in one sentence will say they made over 100,000 last year running hard, then in the next sentence talk about where they are going to go work next.

I dunno, mb its just me, but if I have a job with good insurance, no at will employment crap, and I can scrape 100k a year off them, even with a wage cut, I'm not going anywhere....

that's the situation that ive heard of, going for greener pastures that turn out to be no better than here. I know of a guy who is taking a decent pay cut to leave, which makes no sense at all. I have heard of some guys who quit SB road board to go to wally world, and quit within a year, because its not the magic job that everyone paints it to be. I have heard of senior road guys who in one sentence will say they made over 100,000 last year running hard, then in the next sentence talk about where they are going to go work next.

I dunno, mb its just me, but if I have a job with good insurance, no at will employment crap, and I can scrape 100k a year off them, even with a wage cut, I'm not going anywhere....

Wish I could scrape that much in the city! I don't see any better LTL jobs either.

I got a friend that worked at that Wally Terminal for 10 years. He just wanted to come to work and go home and that made the Wally Mgrs furious. Being a white male is was pretty easy for them to target him. On the other hand they have a female who is on her 7th accident and counting and for some reason she never gets disciplined for having accidents. Huh, imagine that?

I hear ya Snark I would rather work for a ***** who is fair who follows the contract then a lying azz supervisor who shows favoritism and singles people out. I will say we do agree that as jacked up things are the "Dooms Day" people have moved on to over things for the most part. The thought about jumping ship crossed my mind numerous times. In the long run YRC management would love to see me leave so they can hire someone at a discount who won't raise any hell like I do. So I stay put and play the hand I been dealt with and if 2019 comes without any drama. I/we will be playing with "House $$$" cause we played our hand out and its our time to deal the cards IMOHO:bat:

I got a friend that worked at that Wally Terminal for 10 years. He just wanted to come to work and go home and that made the Wally Mgrs furious. Being a white male is was pretty easy for them to target him. On the other hand they have a female who is on her 7th accident and counting and for some reason she never gets disciplined for having accidents. Huh, imagine that?
I must be working at a different wally world.! I start on Thursday mornings at 7 am. on Monday when my week is up I'm sitting at my home DC parking my unit and ending my work week. No sitting in the drivers room waiting on your load, motel van from some trashy motel...etc... simply run until your week is done. It's still a truck driving job, it's what you make out of it. I go in, do my job and go home just as I did at Holland, except here I don't work for a bunch of liars and thieves.! At least I am no longer giving up 15% because their greedy ways...it bothers me that my brothers who have retired are going to get a kick in the teeth over this retirement issue. Some of us are going to feel it sooner than others...!

No matter what YRC does it will not be in your best interest, they have proven that time after time. Watch closely as this unfolds...something is in the works and we will all see it soon enough. If they took the best from all the company's and made it one, they would screw it up within a year. Proven fact.! Life was good, then yellow came along...the rest is history.!