ODFL | Rehire

I agree with Grumpy,I left over 2 years ago and have tried a couple of times and they send me emails stating that they are gonna go with other candidates.

The rehire will depend on the situation.

I am able to be rehired at a certain number of places. If I was still running. However there are other employers who specifically checked a box "Not eligible for rehire" into my permanent record so should i call them today and see, they will open my file and see that checkbox. And that would be the end of the conversation. Whatever the exact situation died years ago and not really worth digging up. FOR the most part.

One company fired me for talking back correctly about a technical weight issue that required a correction which further required shop work. (Busted pins) I told the term dispatcher that schedule is busted, until pins are fixed. Is there another driver to get this off my truck?

She escalated it to the Company boss. I told him the same thing he said wait a sec.

Came back and said why did you not do the pretrip and see the broken pins in getting the trailer?

Hes a thousand miles way. Trailer failed at weight station 3 states from pick up in the sliding of tandems. And so on.

I told him that. He said yer fired. I took short haul home. The truck for all I know is still in at the scale house there.

That particular episode was marked abandonment etc in DAC the company did their best to stain me. The company failed 9 months later due to non payment of taxes to state when the authority was revoked.

Rehire? Ha. Work and do well, your best. If they dont want you, yer gone.

I've always wondering about rehire here. I've heard different things. One was once you leave they won't rehire you(this is GBO of course). But from reading the responces on here, makes sense that you can be rehired. I know of a few drivers(I've run into) that were let go last year(due to covid) and was brought back. I'm sure that's a different situation, though.