TForce | Rehires at UPSF?

Maniac373

TB Lurker
Credits
I was an employee of UPSF for 16 years. I left on good terms, with a resignation letter, a 2 week notice, a planned end date, and good luck wishes from many employees, dispatchers, and management.
Now--- 6 years later, I am finding out that the grass was not as green as I thought it would be. I'd like to be rehired.
Unfortunately, I have moved away from the terminal that I worked at originally.
I am closer to another location.

Would UPS Freight consider a rehire?

It's probably best to get that info straight from HR. It's pretty rare to see someone come back but I've seen it done.
The plus is you left in good terms and didn't burn any bridges. You might have to start as a 10%.

I've also seen a 10% get layed off from Freight side, hired as a UPS feeder driver for seasonal work, than get an option to stay after the seasonal work or go back to UPS freight. They went back to UPS Freight because of the rough start time hours being a feeder driver. I think I would have done the opposite.

...good luck and post an update.

Under those circumstances you would be eligible for rehire. You would come back at the bottom of the pay scale and have to go through the 4 year progression. Your previous 16 years would still count towards your pension but that's all.

When did you quit?

i worked for overnite and was "re-hired" by UPSF about 2 years ago. i have the same employee # as before.