Reinhart?

PFlash

TB Lurker
Credits
Do any of you guys know anything about Reinhart Food Service pay, bennies, etc? I know that its foodservice, which means the work is generally demanding and difficult. I have a road test scheduled at their New Stanton (Pittsburgh) facility on Tuesday. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Subway, Kings and Vocelli are there biggest customers around here. Some of the Subways and vocellis are a pain in the azz to get into. Lots of blindsideing and backing off the road. Get use to very early morning start times. These guys are out delivering before me and I start between 3 and 4 am. I have talked to them about a job but declined because of the distance from my house, so never really got into pay and stuff discussion.

And by the way, welcome to the board.

I hope Reinhart FoodService treats their own drivers better than the way they treat the drivers that have to deliver to them.

I hope Reinhart FoodService treats their own drivers better than the way they treat the drivers that have to deliver to them.
I'm sure they do, I have delivered to food warehouses with fedex and others and they just have a way of doing things, no one seems to like it, they get so many whiney OTR guys in there that don't wanna lift a finger but don't wanna pay a lumper, I guess they just get numb to people.

I have been treated well by all the foodservice outfits that I have worked for.

Subway, Kings and Vocelli are there biggest customers around here. Some of the Subways and vocellis are a pain in the azz to get into. Lots of blindsideing and backing off the road. Get use to very early morning start times. These guys are out delivering before me and I start between 3 and 4 am. I have talked to them about a job but declined because of the distance from my house, so never really got into pay and stuff discussion.

And by the way, welcome to the board.

Doube r, thanks for the welcome. Do you happen to know how much territory they cover from that facility? I'm wondering if they have layover runs available. I live in Oakmont and would prefer driving to New Stanton as little as possible, but I'll take what I can get.

Doube r, thanks for the welcome. Do you happen to know how much territory they cover from that facility? I'm wondering if they have layover runs available. I live in Oakmont and would prefer driving to New Stanton as little as possible, but I'll take what I can get.

I don't think they have layovers. I know they cover alot of area though. How many years experience do you have driving?

I don't think they have layovers. I know they cover alot of area though. How many years experience do you have driving?

Started driving in 1991 at age 19. Coca Cola trained me to get my CDL, worked there for 11 years. Now I work for Supervalu and UPS, both part time. I'm looking for something full time with benefits, physical labor doesn't bother me. Eagle Express Lines (hauling mail) called the other day, but they haven't followed up to schedule the road test yet. I'm going to give them a ring today, but the Reinhart gig is definitely more appealing to me.

Started driving in 1991 at age 19. Coca Cola trained me to get my CDL, worked there for 11 years. Now I work for Supervalu and UPS, both part time. I'm looking for something full time with benefits, physical labor doesn't bother me. Eagle Express Lines (hauling mail) called the other day, but they haven't followed up to schedule the road test yet. I'm going to give them a ring today, but the Reinhart gig is definitely more appealing to me.

You have a PM and Eagle offers no benefits unless you want to pay a arm and leg for them. Know a guy that drive for them. He now works for USPS. He that was the only good thing aboutr Eagle, helped him get a foot in with USPS.

Reinhart is a ok gig. You work your butt off. Here in the twin cities they go out with 1300 to 1500 cases a day. But they do send help with you alot. They make good money here they make 70,000 to 75,000 a year maybe more.

You started the same way I did. I started at 19 with pepsi but I didnt get my cdl there I got on my own then I started with a foodservice company and they trained me. Welcome to the boards. I would like to get a job at UPS but its very hard to get in there. Supervalu would be a good gig to. Here in MN there teamsters but I think there teamsters everywhere.

Reinhart is a ok gig. You work your butt off. Here in the twin cities they go out with 1300 to 1500 cases a day. But they do send help with you alot. They make good money here they make 70,000 to 75,000 a year maybe more.

You started the same way I did. I started at 19 with pepsi but I didnt get my cdl there I got on my own then I started with a foodservice company and they trained me. Welcome to the boards. I would like to get a job at UPS but its very hard to get in there. Supervalu would be a good gig to. Here in MN there teamsters but I think there teamsters everywhere.

Around here the Reinhart drivers are on there own. No helpers. 12-14 hour days.

Supervalu is the best driving job I've ever had, hands down. They just don't have any business in the area anymore. UPS is also a good gig, but you have to be there forever to get full time.

Around here the Reinhart drivers are on there own. No helpers. 12-14 hour days.

Double r, do you know if they work 4 day weeks? I'm assuming they do, given the amount of hours. I'm hearing 10-20 stops per day and around 1,000 pieces...is that realistic? Sounds okay to me, depending on the area covered. I'd be a little concerned about the density of the routes. Those stops and those cases plus 300 miles might not be the best equation! Thanks again for your help!!

Double r, do you know if they work 4 day weeks? I'm assuming they do, given the amount of hours. I'm hearing 10-20 stops per day and around 1,000 pieces...is that realistic? Sounds okay to me, depending on the area covered. I'd be a little concerned about the density of the routes. Those stops and those cases plus 300 miles might not be the best equation! Thanks again for your help!!

Five day work week; 14 houres a day; comes to 70 hours and I know from the guys I have talked to, they run up againist thier 70. I see them in Wheeling, WV, and down in Fairmont and Morgantown, WV coming out of New Stanton.

10-20 stops is very realistic with 1000 cases. We run 7-20 stops on our trucks and anywhere from 200-800 cases but our trailers are only 28' pups with the exception one 38' trailer and that trailer many runs routes that have more grocery stores then anything on it. Trucks with lower case counts manly are routes with miles. Less stops and cases but more miles.

Here in Tulsa, Sysco trucks are the only ones you will ever see out at 1800, everyone else has been done for hours..foodservice guys that is, its good to know we aren't alone...knock em dead Reinhart...LOL!!!

I start at 0300 on monday, the rest of the week at 0500, anymore I'm never out past 1700, we still have guys that don't roll in till 1900 some days, for me to get in that late I have to have a pretty bad day or break down.

Usually its the guys that have 24 stops and 800 cases on a pup, kills a guys motovation.

I start at 0300 on monday, the rest of the week at 0500, anymore I'm never out past 1700, we still have guys that don't roll in till 1900 some days, for me to get in that late I have to have a pretty bad day or break down.

Usually its the guys that have 24 stops and 800 cases on a pup, kills a guys motovation.

I also have an app in with Sysco, but I've not heard anything from them yet. I talked to a guy that was delivering in my area and he said it wasn't a bad gig, but they took them off hourly pay a few years back and it hurt his gross earnings a bit. All in all (he said), not a bad deal. I'm learning alot of info from this site and hopefully I'll make the right decision.

I also have an app in with Sysco, but I've not heard anything from them yet. I talked to a guy that was delivering in my area and he said it wasn't a bad gig, but they took them off hourly pay a few years back and it hurt his gross earnings a bit. All in all (he said), not a bad deal. I'm learning alot of info from this site and hopefully I'll make the right decision.
I wish they would take us off hourly and ABC and put us on peice mile stop, its not going to happen though. They are changing our ABC though, to make it better for the out of town routes to make some money, I'm excited to see if it makes a big difference, I run alot of miles and that hurts my ABC pay.

My fiance ex bf works at Reinhart and I talked to him one day about possibly going to Reinhart about a month ago and he said there picking up KFCs, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut. I wonder whats gonna happen with Mclane if they lose those accounts. I personally wont work at Reinhart one of my buddies I worked with use to work there and he said they didnt treat drivers well but I think it was the warehouse he was out of. Are there any other food companies in your area or possibly dairy companies? If I need to switch jobs I'm seriously thinking about working for Kemps dairy delivering milk to C-stores and grocery stores. Just something to think about.

Okay guys, got the info from the horse's mouth today. These are Reinhart's current rates for component pay and they said they were going to increase slightly in a few weeks. They get .37 per mile, $3.15 per stop, and .22 per unit. There's also a .03 incentive for accuracy and safety and that "bonus" is paid monthly. They also have BC/BS for insurance with reasonable out of pockets and deductibles. What do you guys think? Sounded pretty fair to me. The interview went well and I nailed the road test, so I guess we will wait and see. He said they would let me know one way or the other...in the meantime I have a phone call to make tomorrow about another opportunity (thanks Double r), so things are looking up.