ABF | Rejection?

piker

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anyone direct me to where it is written that a T/A rejection is an automatic strike like Ernie is telling everyone?

Can anyone direct me to where it is written that a T/A rejection is an automatic strike like Ernie is telling everyone?

You mean other than Ernie’s personal decision to call a strike? I can’t think of anyplace where that is graven in stone.

I believe it takes two parties for a strike,.......they both have to agree there’s an impasse.....

So far, we haven’t heard ABF’s opinion as to whether there will be a strike. If ABF is willing to continue negotiations,.......there isn’t an impasse.

ABF has been strangely silent on Ernie’s Grand Pronouncement of an immediate strike.........That tells me they are keeping their options open, and are waiting to see the results of the vote .

Funny.........it usually was the employers that tried to bully the rank-and-file into accepting a contract........

The Union and ArcBest have reached an agreement. Political factions within the Union have been calling for a strike since negotiations began. It's doubtful this agreement is voted down, but if it is, Ernie and Judy are going to lock the gate and immediately ask for Federal mediation citing meddling by Teamsters United. Hopefully the lockout will only last over the weekend, but it could take a month or so, but this deal is going through. A mediator will rule it's reasonable and an improvement from the current contract. ArcBest nor the Teamsters want that to have to happen, they would rather the majority of the membership ratify the agreement and continue to hammer out the particulars on any supplements that do not pass. Appears they're willing to have more discussion with some Locals on some of those. Notice the "strike authority" is tied to rejection of the Master Agreement. There's no long term strike with this deal, but there may have to be a push of the 'reset' button. ArcBest is prepared for that option should it be required, and hopefully few are furloughed very long if that's the case. Vote your convictions and you will have done your part and we will see how it all shakes out. https://www.fmcs.gov/services/resolving-labor-management-disputes/collective-bargaining-mediation/

Last edited:
The Union and ArcBest have reached an agreement. Political factions within the Union have been calling for a strike since negotiations began. It's doubtful this agreement is voted down, but if it is, Ernie and Judy are going to lock the gate and immediately ask for Federal mediation citing meddling by Teamsters United. Hopefully the lockout will only last over the weekend, but it could take a month or so, but this deal is going through. A mediator will rule it's reasonable and an improvement from the current contract. ArcBest nor the Teamsters want that to have to happen, they would rather the majority of the membership ratify the agreement and continue to hammer out the particulars on any supplements that do not pass. Appears they're willing to have more discussion with some Locals on some of those. Notice the "strike authority" is tied to rejection of the Master Agreement. There's no long term strike with this deal, but there may have to be a push of the 'reset' button. ArcBest is prepared for that option should it be required, and hopefully few are furloughed very long if that's the case. Vote your convictions and you will have done your part and we will see how it all shakes out.
Everything he just wrote is a lie. He is using a scare tactic and nothing more. You should be ashamed of yourself! You have no proof of any of this other than a no vote is a strike authorization. IT IN NO WAY MEANS A STRIKE OR SHUTTING THE GATES. ITS ALL LIES!

Hey Piker... I apologize for turncoat... please pay no mind to is ramblings because he's just on here to be a nuisance to us all... just look at the name he picked out for himself... that should tell you all you need to know about him right there. We here on the ABF forum just think of him as the family member everyone denies knowing when anyone asks if you and so and so are related.

Canary's post was dead on... if you ever need info on something... he's a great person to ask because he won't steer you wrong.

Oh... and if you happen to run across rollin62 wandering around here looking lost and bewildered... be leery of any advice he may give you too... but don't worry... his advice is usually very short... one line or two... and won't make any sense at all. Just nod your head in agreement and he'll go on his merry way... while giving you that much need comic relief for the day.

Everything he just wrote is a lie. He is using a scare tactic and nothing more. You should be ashamed of yourself! You have no proof of any of this other than a no vote is a strike authorization. IT IN NO WAY MEANS A STRIKE OR SHUTTING THE GATES. ITS ALL LIES!
Well this LIAR would appreciate your insights into what you think they would be FORCED to do in a rejected agreement situation?

Somewhere at home I have a copy of a letter that is supposed to have come from Ernie saying, and I'm paraphrasing because I'm not home, that he promises a strike if the TA is not reached. Personally, I don't believe it but I can't say it is not true.

Somewhere at home I have a copy of a letter that is supposed to have come from Ernie saying, and I'm paraphrasing because I'm not home, that he promises a strike if the TA is not reached. Personally, I don't believe it but I can't say it is not true.

Here's the letter... decide for yourself...

2806961647.jpg

The Union and ArcBest have reached an agreement. Political factions within the Union have been calling for a strike since negotiations began. It's doubtful this agreement is voted down, but if it is, Ernie and Judy are going to lock the gate and immediately ask for Federal mediation citing meddling by Teamsters United. Hopefully the lockout will only last over the weekend, but it could take a month or so, but this deal is going through. A mediator will rule it's reasonable and an improvement from the current contract. ArcBest nor the Teamsters want that to have to happen, they would rather the majority of the membership ratify the agreement and continue to hammer out the particulars on any supplements that do not pass. Appears they're willing to have more discussion with some Locals on some of those. Notice the "strike authority" is tied to rejection of the Master Agreement. There's no long term strike with this deal, but there may have to be a push of the 'reset' button. ArcBest is prepared for that option should it be required, and hopefully few are furloughed very long if that's the case. Vote your convictions and you will have done your part and we will see how it all shakes out. https://www.fmcs.gov/services/resolving-labor-management-disputes/collective-bargaining-mediation/

It,....ahh,.....looks like you seem to have quite a bit of ..."inside"....information...........

Far be it from me to presume what ..."Ernie and Judy"...are thinking,....but I appreciate your insight into what you are alleging to be their strategy in the event of a "NO" vote. Perhaps you were a "fly on the wall" when "Ernie and Judy" agreed on this collaboration?

If what you are alleging is true,.........then the Teamsters Negotiating Committee has violated the "Negotiating in good faith" pledge made to it's members ,.....by setting up a strategy with "Judy",.....I presume you're talking about Ms. McReynolds,......to force the rank-and-file into a tenuous economic position by imposing a strike/lockout...

Mr. Soehl has made his intentions clear to Mr. Palmer ONLY.............He has NOT sent this letter out to all the members and Locals involved in the ABF/ArcBest contract negotiations. Apparently,........."Word of mouth".........is making sure the Teamsters involved are......second-handedly,.......being made aware of Mr. Soehl's ......private......intentions , in the event of a "NO" vote...

These intentions are....PRIVATE,.....because Mr. Soehl has not notified every Local involved as a GENERAL notice of his "intentions"....

They are addressed to Mr. Palmer only,........It seems that social media is being used to make the rank-and-file aware of Mr. Soehl's PRIVATE intentions.........Kind of like when ABF wanted ABF employees to believe YRC was going to "buy" them during the last contract.........No official declaration,....just a "news" release in a trucking trade paper,.....and then word of mouth spread the rumor.....ABF's skirts remained unsoiled.......

Ms. McReynolds has no such...."private"....letter circulating regarding her intentions in the event of a "NO" vote. Unless Ms. McReynolds has PRIVATELY expressed to you,....her collaboration with Mr. Soehl for concerted action beyond a "NO" vote,........we can only presume exactly what Ms. McReynolds will do.........

She,.....ahh.......hasn't whispered in your ear recently,....so you could verify her collaboration with Mr. Soehl?

Here lately, the way we're missing pickups, running late with freight we do pick up, if we went on strike and they had to clean up with the contractors, most of our customers wouldn't even realize we were on strike for probably two weeks. We might go out 2 weeks and get the deal settled and the customers never miss us. Our new acronym will be SIL instead of ABF. Sorry I'm Late. They could screen print it on the back of our uniform SIL Sorry I'm Late, When it really matters, use Panther! I'm joking, but not too far fetched.

Here lately, the way we're missing pickups, running late with freight we do pick up, if we went on strike and they had to clean up with the contractors, most of our customers wouldn't even realize we were on strike for probably two weeks. We might go out 2 weeks and get the deal settled and the customers never miss us. Our new acronym will be SIL instead of ABF. Sorry I'm Late. They could screen print it on the back of our uniform SIL Sorry I'm Late, When it really matters, use Panther! I'm joking, but not too far fetched.
Again you’re posting fear and not facts!

Hey Turncoat, We already deliver most things late now due to mismanagement. As far as "contractors" taking care of things, they tried calling six in on Friday here and only two showed up. I had a smart ass customer tell me we were three days late so I informed them we were two days early because we are usually five days late.