XPO | Remember Overnite?

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
Do you guys remember how many millions Overnite spent to keep the union out? It will be no different here. Conway would fight it to their last breath. So the union will never be part of the Conway legacy........The ironic part of Overnite was the union ultimately got in through the purchase by UPS........There is no UPS in your future here at Conway....This union talk I find rather amusing but the fact remains it will never happen at Conway. It makes for good entertainment and give the guys something new to talk about though.

Sorry to burst your bubble.....But you are living in a bubble with this union talk. This bubble will burst and you will eventually come back down to earth. I suggest you guys learn to accept your fate here and learn to play the Conway game. However messed up it may be things could always be worse. I won't go with the old beat down saying that at least you got a job....I will go with this one which many of my friends have.....This isn't the only job in the world and if you don't find it acceptable then with a good CDL you can go anywhere....You have a trade....You have a special craft as a seasoned LTL professional....Many others want you. If your a young man don't be afraid of starting over at the bottom....It's what the old timers call paying your dues....Don't be afraid to pay your dues. Because for anything good in life there is a price to be paid.

Do you guys remember how many millions Overnite spent to keep the union out? It will be no different here. Conway would fight it to their last breath. So the union will never be part of the Conway legacy........The ironic part of Overnite was the union ultimately got in through the purchase by UPS........There is no UPS in your future here at Conway....This union talk I find rather amusing but the fact remains it will never happen at Conway. It makes for good entertainment and give the guys something new to talk about though.
It would be the con/way employees loss, because the worst is yet to come!:smiliewhs::fingure::GrowUp:

Runaway I really wish those guys would listen to you, but you know truck drivers. Best example I could give is about the old man who had a load of gold dumped in his front yard, and then b****ed about the tire tracks left... Most will NEVER be happy know matter what.

It would be the con/way employees loss, because the worst is yet to come!:smiliewhs::fingure::GrowUp:

It is certain to get much worse for the drivers here. That is the other reason so many are leaving. It's not enough that it is this bad.... this is nothing compared to what will be.

Writing has been on the wall for about 8 years now. When I hired in 6 years ago everyone was all telling me about how I was wasting my time. This place is a dead end.

I haven't been let down. It's gotten pretty bad. Worse than they had imagined and told me, actually.

But for me personally it has been everything I wanted. I have made a crap ton of money. And when I am done here I strongly doubt that I will continue to drive truck.

If you consider yourself a professional truck driver. There is zero reason to still be here.

Sorry to burst your bubble.....But you are living in a bubble with this union talk. This bubble will burst and you will eventually come back down to earth. I suggest you guys learn to accept your fate here and learn to play the Conway game. However messed up it may be things could always be worse. I won't go with the old beat down saying that at least you got a job....I will go with this one which many of my friends have.....This isn't the only job in the world and if you don't find it acceptable then with a good CDL you can go anywhere....You have a trade....You have a special craft as a seasoned LTL professional....Many others want you. If your a young man don't be afraid of starting over at the bottom....It's what the old timers call paying your dues....Don't be afraid to pay your dues. Because for anything good in life there is a price to be paid.

These guys are a mess with this union thing. They are so worried about getting a union that they aren't paying attention to getting the best compensation for there time spent.

Even if they had a union and contract in place. There would still be options to make better money. And not have to deal with the negatives of this work place.

If Con-way had gone union 10 years ago, a lot more of these guys would already be gone. They would have absolutely nothing to look forward to.

This board would look more like the YRC thread. And we'd all be talking about how a union can't fix a poorly run business.

What I don't get is this..........Why do they think that Conway would succeed in bringing a union in when Overnite was never able to do it?.....Overnite is a prime example......PRIME EXAMPLE.......Do any of you guys remember the HBO special on that whole ordeal....( I think it was HBO ) It is a prime example what companies will do to keep a union out......First off you would never get the votes..........Second Conway would drag this through the court system for years....The chances of Conway bringing the Union in are about as great as you hitting the lotto..........If Overnite couldn't do it.....Conway couldn't and that's a fact.....UPS is the only reason Overnite got the union in......Period......End of discussion.

I'm not saying the union would be a bad thing.....I'm only saying that Conway would never let it happen. I'm not here to debate the pro's and con's of the union.....I'm only here to tell you that Conway would not let it happen.....Overnite didn't......And Conway wouldn't either.....You guys need to move on.

Difference between this Conway campaign and that Overnight campaign was that was a nationwide campaign and this is a regional one, that one was based on the concept of ONE contract and this one is multiple.
Will Conway fight? YES they will. Can they drag it on for years? Probably not since it is a nationwide company with multiple locations with separate contract negotiations. Your fear tactics are typical anti-union propaganda.

What I don't get is this..........Why do they think that Conway would succeed in bringing a union in when Overnite was never able to do it?.....Overnite is a prime example......PRIME EXAMPLE.......Do any of you guys remember the HBO special on that whole ordeal....( I think it was HBO ) It is a prime example what companies will do to keep a union out......First off you would never get the votes..........Second Conway would drag this through the court system for years....The chances of Conway bringing the Union in are about as great as you hitting the lotto..........If Overnite couldn't do it.....Conway couldn't and that's a fact.....UPS is the only reason Overnite got the union in......Period......End of discussion.
Why all the overnight talk? When i worked that campaign as a volunteer organizer i remember those drivers would try to run us over, spit in our faces and tell us that they would never be union, NOW i see those guys all the time and how times have changed! To those guys, the most anti-union men out there the union is the best thing that could have ever happen to them. They now know the difference between union and non-union and they are grateful for what they have.

I'm not saying the union would be a bad thing.....I'm only saying that Conway would never let it happen. I'm not here to debate the pro's and con's of the union.....I'm only here to tell you that Conway would not let it happen.....Overnite didn't......And Conway wouldn't either.....You guys need to move on.
You are definitely saying that the union is a bad thing for Conway. And to let you in on a little something, i am working with 10 different terminals in the west, so when this does happen what will you be saying then?

You both know that this union movement is moving faster than a "runaway train" at highspeeds! lol lol
You guys are trying to scare these drivers into thinking that this will never happen and that Conway will never negotiate with the union, I sense a lot of fear from your posts, i sense a lot of desperation and I LOVE IT!

You are definitely saying that the union is a bad thing for Conway. And to let you in on a little something, i am working with 10 different terminals in the west, so when this does happen what will you be saying then?

JUst to let you in on something, if you were not pushing the issue telling people how great it was, they would not be talking to you. The good majority of us are secure in our jobs and our personal lives..but what ever you think. The union needs membership in LTL, that's why they got a goat like you who is doing their dirty work. haha

You both know that this union movement is moving faster than a "runaway train" at highspeeds! lol lol
You guys are trying to scare these drivers into thinking that this will never happen and that Conway will never negotiate with the union, I sense a lot of fear from your posts, i sense a lot of desperation and I LOVE IT!

It won't happen. Runnaway train makes more sense than you do. He is tell ing the truth..your, well..idk what you are telling. Your wasting your time.

Why all the overnight talk? When i worked that campaign as a volunteer organizer i remember those drivers would try to run us over, spit in our faces and tell us that they would never be union, NOW i see those guys all the time and how times have changed! To those guys, the most anti-union men out there the union is the best thing that could have ever happen to them. They now know the difference between union and non-union and they are grateful for what they have.
Big big difference in overnite and ups..your are that stupid aren't you? haha

Get me just one of those conway workers that you say you are talking to...get them on here and lets hear why they have it so bad..i want to hear it. not the same ol' people posting..i want to hear from one of those people you are talking about.

The answer to the question, how much did overnite spend trying to keep the union out? 100 Million. Then they got bought out by UPS. The union is pushing hard over at FXF too. I think the results will be the same