Yellow | Remembering our customers

codebreaker

TB Lurker
Credits
I don't know how many of you remember this, but I was thinking the other day about the old times. About how management really did have customers best interest and how you could pass out a few pens and some wall calendars each year. I don't know how long it has been since I last saw a Yellow pen. The customers really loved those pens. You know it doesn't take a lot to satisfy the customer - just some common sense and for them to be treated like somebody. In fact, we all would like to be treated like somebody. I would like to know the cost of a box of pens and wall calendars in comparison to what the sales people waste these days. As a driver, we don't get any pens or wall calendars to pass out at our barn.

Years ago, Yellow had 3 or 4 converted buses that went around the country taking good customers to a nice restaurant and then dropping them back off at the end of the night. The customers really had a good time and gave Yellow at lot of business because of their experience. Yellow's upkeep on the bus was really their only expense because one of their drivers was chosen as the bus driver for a period of time. He drove the bus all over and it was a great customer relations tool.

The cost to the company was trivial compared to the cost (BILLions) that they wasted on a NASCAR that couldn't win a race. A giant hot air balloon that very few people saw only in a picture. Also, the millions spent on a YRC logo for a golf shirt (hey by the way - I have a few shirts that I would love for them to pay me to put YRC on).

:flame::flame: