Replacement Worker Follies

You should really stay out of something you know nothing about. You should really keep your ignorant comments to yourself. These guys are the real deal. They are the ones who have taken it to the streets to preserve all that we deserve in this industry. You are a participant in the middle class due to men and women such as these fine Oak Harbor Teamsters. What have you done lately to protect our standard of living, little boy? All of your posts on this web site , have been riddled with disrespect for the hand that feeds you. That's right, I'm talking about the Teamsters. You will never concede to the fact that you have been riding the coat tails of organized labor. But that just shows how ignorant you are in regards to reality. The threat and follow through of strikes in the past (from militant Teamsters) that were not afraid to go to jail for the evening, are exactly why your pay rivals those of numerous professional careers. You have to be one of the most ungrateful simple minds I have encountered. Teamster Elvis out....

You hit the nail on the head with that one Elvis ! Good luck OHFL Brothers your doing the right thing !

Underestimated: OHFL is calling this an economic strike in all their ads. What are the teamsters calling it?

I was following one of the Penski rental trucks
into downtown Portland and twice at stop lights
he put the truck in reverse and started backing
up, it was early morning so I was able to back up
while honking. He stopped at Urban Outfitters
and I politely asked him what the backing up was all
about and he said he had not seen us and apologized.

Apology accepted, as our signs came out I asked where
he was from and he informed me he was from Labor Ready
and was making $10.00 an hour and did not need a CDL
to drive a rental truck. He was even polite enough to
show me his DR's.

Underestimated: OHFL is calling this an economic strike in all their ads. What are the teamsters calling it?

We are striking against unlawful labor practices at OHFL. These practices make it impossible to negotiate a fair contract.

From 174's website:
Teamsters at Oak Harbor Freight Lines in Washington, Oregon, and Idaho walked off the job last night in response to hostile efforts by company representatives to bully and intimidate workers.
Union officials report the National Labor Relations Board is investigating several labor law violations committed by the company including coercing and threatening employees, as well as making unlawful changes to working conditions.

You should really stay out of something you know nothing about. You should really keep your ignorant comments to yourself. These guys are the real deal. They are the ones who have taken it to the streets to preserve all that we deserve in this industry. You are a participant in the middle class due to men and women such as these fine Oak Harbor Teamsters. What have you done lately to protect our standard of living, little boy? All of your posts on this web site , have been riddled with disrespect for the hand that feeds you. That's right, I'm talking about the Teamsters. You will never concede to the fact that you have been riding the coat tails of organized labor. But that just shows how ignorant you are in regards to reality. The threat and follow through of strikes in the past (from militant Teamsters) that were not afraid to go to jail for the evening, are exactly why your pay rivals those of numerous professional careers. You have to be one of the most ungrateful simple minds I have encountered. Teamster Elvis out....
this is a place for "opinions"and I think yours stink more than mine. I am a particiant in the middle because of the teamsters? Now your the one that sounds ignorant. I participate in the middle because of MY OWN effort, hard work and energy, I have absolutly nothing from the teamsters, and by the way the longer the strike rolls on, and you fall behind your already extended credit life, and you start to lose all you stuff because you cant make a monthly payment, can you thank a teamster for that too? they will be right there to help out right?:biglaugh:

Hey, USF523 you need to pull your head out of the sand. I was raised in a Teamster home, Dad drove 30+ years for United Grocers and I now work for a non union company, but if it were not for the union movement that rose up and spoke for the rights of workers and challenged companies, we would be working for peanuts and have no benefits. Hey dumb***, the reason that we nons get such good treatment, is because if we didn't they would not be able to keep workers. They have to give a comparable wage and benefit package. No unions, no decent wages.

Yes I agree also that we do work hard, and make right decisions with finances.

usf523 go ahead & keep attacking the Teamsters Union. You may be laughing now but if the unions fail then this is what you will have to look forward to.
I asked my TM this morning what their top rate is, he said their top rate shows it is $19.70 after 4 years of service.

I'm assuming there is no moderator for this forum since anti-union posts are allowed on a Union board. That wouldn't last 2 minutes on the NONS boards before it was deleted and warnings handed out. Funny how that works!!!:chairshot:

I'm assuming there is no moderator for this forum since anti-union posts are allowed on a Union board. That wouldn't last 2 minutes on the NONS boards before it was deleted and warnings handed out. Funny how that works!!!:chairshot:

You are figuring this out pretty quick there shoeman. Good point. R&L, Estes, Old dominion etc. FORGET ABOUT IT!!!! The anti union mod squad would have put us in the back room and:Bondage: us to death. You are right "funny how that works" Teamster Elvis out....

The Teamsters are going to be the next backstabbing organization to fall due to lies and greed

AUBdriver,what part of my post deserved the bad rep? You chose not to comment on it.
usf523 go ahead & keep attacking the Teamsters Union. You may be laughing now but if the unions fail then this is what you will have to look forward to.

Did you bother to go to the thread I linked & read how his company is lowering the wages & benefits for new drivers?

There are so many examples of bad driving and poor judgment, the mind boggles trying to detail them all. Suffice it to say, they are impressing NO ONE! If this is the future of OHFL, I give them less than two weeks before they IMPLODE!

Did you hear me, Dave and Ed?

I said... IMPLODE!

Also, gotta love the security guys they got. In Portland, the head security dude got called "Funkmaster Flex" by one of the line drivers, and he just about lost his professional demeanor.

That would have been really unfortunate to catch on film, huh? Big black security guard whaling on a poor, helpless picketer... HAHAHAHA!

Gotta love it.

And then the rest of the security detail looks like backup dancers for Bobby Brown and New Edition, parachute pants and all... HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Y'know, Portland is a loooooong way from Compton, boys. Better think about that...

Just watched the vids that is great that you have them up on youtube.
I have OHFL on my cell and anytime I see one of those **** drivers I will either call 911 or the corporate office to complain bout their drivers.

I really enjoyed the Videos-It looks like things at the Oak arent going so well-Ha!! So Sad to Bad !! Keep up the Good work!!