Replacement Worker Follies

Heck if I were you CSTAATS I would have her stay off the road period in Auburn with the non union drivers they have coming out of there. I was just cut off the other day by one of the so called drivers they have, coming down 277th. Scared the heck out of my daughter. I very politely got beside him to give him the one finger wave! Called to complain to the company but I doubt anything will happen. Next time I will just call 911 now that I know what is going on down there.

Not practical at least they are not at the Safeway distribution center anymore.

well i hope your all getting video of these drivers! i know that here in portland were running out of tape lol. these guys make being on strike fun!!!!!

I enjoy the security videos the most. Get some more of these guys in action.

The trailer dragging videos were great. They pay big money for this kind of entertainment in Vegas, heck you should submit it to SNL go national. The commentary was great. Good job guys.:biglaugh:

The sad note about equipment being damaged and torn up, is think about how much additional money they are spending for all of these mishaps, instead of girding their loins and coming to the table to try and negotiate a new deal.

I wonder if the fire department is going to start charging them for all of the calls. I've seen 2 videos with the fire dept. present.

Who is driving hoopie 285 in Seattle. I was woried about my wife driving in Auburn. I should be worried about walking on the side walks in seattle. Call the company and they said thank you.

Without flaming anyone.
Where exactly are these replacement drivers coming from?
Are they fresh out of a CDL driving school?

Without flaming anyone.
Where exactly are these replacement drivers coming from?
Are they fresh out of a CDL driving school?
Temp employment agencies, ads in major newspapers across the US, ads on Craigslist across the US, (see thread Flag This), from a strike breaking company. Some are from the non-Union terminals. In short just about anywhere. We all know what quality of drivers one finds at these sort of places. They have lowered the hiring standard to attract people. In other words they are fast becoming the Swift of the LTL industry.

PS: Ed, the wooden shoes have dry rot.

Some of them are from Cali and Idaho who drive relatively well but the ones that are having problems are from Labor Ready. A lot of them have DUI's, convictions, or bad driving records and probably wouldn't be hired by any company which is why they are temps.

Again, livlly909 has no facts. How do you know if they have DUI's, convictions, or a bad driving record? I'm not saying that they are the best drivers around, but try using facts.

How more factual can you get when one of the "replacement drivers" had told the real drivers that he had just got out of the joint. Or the DOT holding up one of the trucks because they did not having the proper endorsements. Fact is you can't handle the truth. Or are you on the inside and this is what they are telling you.

Again, livlly909 has no facts. How do you know if they have DUI's, convictions, or a bad driving record? I'm not saying that they are the best drivers around, but try using facts.

I'm not going to waste my time posting something that is not true. I know becuase I've talked to them. I along with other Teamster members mentioned other companies that are hiring rather than them crossing a picket line and that is when they asked whether those other companies hired drivers with prior convictions, or DUI's / accidents....

Also, there was a woman that is with Labor Ready that openly admits she was convicted of Armed Robbery.

Oh and thanks AUBdriver for the negative reputation....

we talked to a driver here in portland who just got his cdl a six weeks ago. they use to require 3 years of experience now it just says 1 year experience PREFERRED. its not even necessary.