Replacement Worker Follies

Some of them are from Cali and Idaho who drive relatively well but the ones that are having problems are from Labor Ready. A lot of them have DUI's, convictions, or bad driving records and probably wouldn't be hired by any company which is why they are temps.

Unfortunately for those of you in Auburn and Portland, many of the California drivers have gone to cities in eastern Washington (so I hear.) As I've said, we have lost much equipment to temp drivers covering shortages. If they weren't driving at OHFL I suspect that they would drive elsewhere and would still be on the highway. At least now you know what to look out for.

-1 Liftgate

Seems as someone forgot to tell a driver how high the trailer is and not to drive under something that is shorter than the trailer is tall.:biglaugh:

What makes the accident worse, is that it was a lift-gate trailer. Lift-gate trailers always seemed to be in short supply for route drivers in Auburn. I think it's expensive to do the conversion on regular trailers. Ground drop deliveries in the Bend area won't be happening for some time.

Driver Arrested at Fort Lewis

There is a story in Auburn about a "replacement" driver getting arrested at the ID check as he was attempting to enter Fort Lewis last Friday on the 24th.

Can anyone provide specific details? I want to know!!

Here's a good link on YouTube. This driver doesn't have a clue about using placards. I hope the DOT and State Patrol are watching. Is it a misdemeanor or felony to improperly display placards?

YouTube - **** doesn't know hazmat part 1

There is a story in Auburn about a "replacement" driver getting arrested at the ID check as he was attempting to enter Fort Lewis last Friday on the 24th.

Can anyone provide specific details? I want to know!!

Here's a good link on YouTube. This driver doesn't have a clue about using placards. I hope the DOT and State Patrol are watching. Is it a misdemeanor or felony to improperly display placards?

YouTube - **** doesn't know hazmat part 1

I recall on more than one occasion getting trailers out of Medford that had been dropped by Portland drivers that had incorrect or missing placards. I would like to think that DOT or State Patrol had been watching. Not likely.
Maybe your local needs to pass out a copy of Title 49 so that you can be at least as good as we are.

I recall on more than one occasion getting trailers out of Medford that had been dropped by Portland drivers that had incorrect or missing placards.

That was a Supervisors responsiblity before it left the yard, however they were probably just to busy looking at sports clips or whatever???:chairshot: on the internet.

Doing their job properly would interupt their B.S. time.:duh:

I recall all of the worst over-the-road Hazmat incidents for OHFL happening in California by their drivers. Ask Larry H(Safety Guy) in Auburn for the news footage. Maybe someday you guys will attain the skills, confidence, dedication, and camaraderie of a Teamster.

The last time I was down in Redding, one of their day shift drivers borrowed duct tape from me as I was dropping my trailers in that dirt lot behind UPS. You know, where all loaded trailers are left completely unprotected and vulnerable. I discovered that he was using tape to hold his glad hand on because it wouldn't seal properly. :hysterical:

I recall on more than one occasion getting trailers out of Medford that had been dropped by Portland drivers that had incorrect or missing placards.

Do you have video of your recollection on YouTube?

Anonymous posts are cheap.:toxic:

Fortunately, we have all kinds of video. Keep up the great work with the cameras!

I recall on more than one occasion getting trailers out of Medford that had been dropped by Portland drivers that had incorrect or missing placards. I would like to think that DOT or State Patrol had been watching. Not likely.
Maybe your local needs to pass out a copy of Title 49 so that you can be at least as good as we are.

I have seen MANY Portland drivers refusing to leave with out the proper placards, hazmat paper work. Maybe if management did thier job properly they wouldn't have this problem. Can you say hazmat training? For instance the fellow in Portland that is in charge of safety telling a P & D driver to run with a POISON hazmat spill in his trailer!
By the way I have seen the way you cali boys load freight, and we don't need to be as good as you are simply because we could not afford to lower our standards like that. The claims would go through the roof.
Alass we are not here to fight amongst ourselves, but it sounds as if you have something to hide.

:USA:

Do you have video of your recollection on YouTube?

Anonymous posts are cheap.:toxic:

Fortunately, we have all kinds of video. Keep up the great work with the cameras!

Long ago I learned that those who lie don't trust anyone to tell the truth and those who steal keep everything under lock and key. I have never questioned anyone's honesty here. I really wouldn't have thought that I would need video to back up my word.
I suppose it's another reminder to me about the people I'm dealing with.

ryerke - you keep telling us up here in the cold and rainy NW that you guys are so busy and out of trailers, then why did so many of the Cal drivers come up and work because there was no work available in their barns. Who is telling tails?

I hope you guys up North settle this soon. Do you see what I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Please don't hate on all of us in Cali. We are just trying to survive. I secretly hope the union wins big time. My biggest pet peeve is with seniority. Any day now, a supervisors relative or friend will take my work away from me. If the union can settle my mind over this issue...sign me up.

I hope you guys up North settle this soon. Do you see what I have to deal with on a daily basis.

Please don't hate on all of us in Cali. We are just trying to survive. I secretly hope the union wins big time. My biggest pet peeve is with seniority. Any day now, a supervisors relative or friend will take my work away from me. If the union can settle my mind over this issue...sign me up.

It would serve ohfl right if we win this, and then all of their terminals go union! What you guys need to remember is that we are doing this to survive as well. The non union benefits from the union terminals as well. If you were to go union you would have seniority.

We need the Employee Free Choice Act to go through so then OHFL in Cali can become Union without the company pulling any of their BS tactics.

ryerke - you keep telling us up here in the cold and rainy NW that you guys are so busy and out of trailers, then why did so many of the Cal drivers come up and work because there was no work available in their barns. Who is telling tails?

We have hired a few new drivers and the rest of us are working very hard lately. As for trailers, I guess you guys are helping out a little. We have not had many shortages lately. Thanks.
My dog has a tail. No one that I know of in California is telling tales.

We need the Employee Free Choice Act to go through so then OHFL in Cali can become Union without the company pulling any of their BS tactics.

This isn't directed strictly at Teamster In WA, but to everyone on here posting similar statements. If the company is so horrible, and management is so lazy, and the owners are so evil and immoral... then why do you want to work for Oak Harbor? I don't get it. I personally would never work for a company of which I was ashamed.

There is BS at every company out there it is just a matter of degree and how far you are willing to take. Didn't take offense to that at all, in fact it is very valid question. I can think of one right off the top a paycheck. Have you had a job that you didn't like but wouldn't quit until you found something else or in hopes things may change or get better?

You can run and run and run, and still find the same problems over and over and over again, in every business out there.

Sometimes you just have to take a stand, and work to make things better where you are at.

At Oak Harbor, though, that feedback and criticism from the drivers is either ignored, impugned, belittled, made light of, or simply puts the employee making the criticism into that fun categoty of "troublemaker".

The arrogance and idiotic stubborness of our leadership is quite simply like the Great Wall of China the employees keep trying to scale to make this a better place to work...