XPO | repo man

husky

TB Lurker
Credits
Watch out if u drive an 08 or 07 the repo man is coming. Dont stop at truck stops you might come out and see him taking your truck.:biglaugh::smilie_132:

Watch out if u drive an 08 or 07 the repo man is coming. Dont stop at truck stops you might come out and see him taking your truck.:biglaugh::smilie_132:

I must say in these times nothing may come as
a surprise to me .

Having that said . Is there something new , as to
indicate this thread title as probable ?

A new press release ?

A link ?

Thank You

I must say in these times nothing may come as
a surprise to me .

Having that said . Is there something new , as to
indicate this thread title as probable ?

A new press release ?

A link ?

Thank You

Simply, No...

Now that 07 or 08 might turn into a 97 or 98 but con-way has cash, besides, Con-way owns our trucks outright, we don't lease them or "make payments"... That's why we have a truck budget every year... To Buy new equipment not make payments on it...

Maybe this has something to do with taking the plates off the new ones and parking them on the line (out of service) so the repo man can get them without disrupting the service on the freight???
Just A Thought

i can only assume that you are talking about con-way, please correct me if i am wrong. what's the story here about repossessing equipment? this doesnt sound right in my opinion

i can only assume that you are talking about con-way, please correct me if i am wrong. what's the story here about repossessing equipment? this doesnt sound right in my opinion

Because it's not...another spoon trying to stir the pot...read Ghost's post...that's as accurate as it gets...

I am having so much trouble navigating in this blog I just can't believe it. I'll go along with you about the spoon and the pot. Even if it were true, which I can not believe, why would anyone in their right mind want to advertise that? In a weak ecomony, where every stick of freight and every customer counts, why would anyone say anything about the repo man coming after equipment. This sounds like so much BS. The people who are posting this nonsense need to provide fact and proof. Otherwise they need to start their post with this beginning... "Once upon a time in a land far far away...

Because it's not...another spoon trying to stir the pot...read Ghost's post...that's as accurate as it gets...
You gotta admit parking your new more modern efficient physically sound equipment in favor of old worn out tractors would look bizarre[i'm being charitable here]to an outsider.Now I don't think Conway is in any trouble or anything like that,But I'm stuck for a reason to do this[I've been in freight for 28 yrs.]Hope the reason comes clear someday.

I am having so much trouble navigating in this blog I just can't believe it. I'll go along with you about the spoon and the pot. Even if it were true, which I can not believe, why would anyone in their right mind want to advertise that? In a weak ecomony, where every stick of freight and every customer counts, why would anyone say anything about the repo man coming after equipment. This sounds like so much BS. The people who are posting this nonsense need to provide fact and proof. Otherwise they need to start their post with this beginning... "Once upon a time in a land far far away...

"Once upon a time in a land far far away...
There was a company called Consolidated Freightways that did some very strange things resulting in Con-Way Freight...
Big Spoon.....LoL.....:flame:

"Once upon a time in a land far far away...
There was a company called Consolidated Freightways that did some very strange things resulting in Con-Way Freight...
Big Spoon.....LoL.....:flame:

And the history henceforth is self-explanatory...

Rat:loser:

There is no market for used trucks,so con-way is going to run the old trucks till they are the worth fixing.Our old trucks are better then the junk i see other ltl companies have on the road.

You gotta admit parking your new more modern efficient physically sound equipment in favor of old worn out tractors would look bizarre[i'm being charitable here]to an outsider.Now I don't think Conway is in any trouble or anything like that,But I'm stuck for a reason to do this[I've been in freight for 28 yrs.]Hope the reason comes clear someday.

The reasons have been documented here on this forum...I understand it financially, it does make sense to me, but the employee in me who enjoys seeing that shiny equipment on the road is a little frustrated...I will agree with you on bizarre with one extension...it looks bizarre to all of us on the inside as well...
I have no choice but to trust their judgement on this for now, and we can't be too far off base, because other companies are following suit..

The reasons have been documented here on this forum...I understand it financially, it does make sense to me, but the employee in me who enjoys seeing that shiny equipment on the road is a little frustrated...I will agree with you on bizarre with one extension...it looks bizarre to all of us on the inside as well...
I have no choice but to trust their judgement on this for now, and we can't be too far off base, because other companies are following suit..

I dont see other co. following us on this one. I see plenty of the usual junk out there,I also see new volvos and internationals from fed. Estes has alot of good looking eqip. ups frt has alot of new. Everyone has there share of junk also but I dont see the new stock against any fences.One more observation, Anyone remember when we use to paint our tire rims, I am seeing more rust than paint anymore.

I saw a locksmith there yesterday and thought his job was to change the locks. And they called a plumber for today.....maybe to winterize all of the pipes and porcelain.

:hide: I don't know what is happening out there on the left coast, but back east, we are the only ones parking the newer tractors.
Concerning shiny equipment, I could care less about shiny, just give us modern, safe equipment to continue to be the leader in the LTL industry.
The CRAP tractors that our L/H DSR'S are using are a step back into the dark ages!
No anti-lock brakes.
No heated mirrors.
19th century sprung suspension.
Dog houses that have been on and off so many times, without ever replacing the seal, and now freezing the drivers legs.
Not to mention that when the temperature goes into the single digits, these units require an outside vendor to get them started.
Integrity: Down the tubes!
Safety: Down the tubes!
Financially: The biggest mistake we could have made!
Trust their judgement? What choice do we have? Quit?
Only time will tell.
Can the Nascar truck, Can the truck driving rodeo, Can all the videos, Can the micromanagement, let's get back to hauling the freight and being the industry Leader!!!!!!!:smilie_132: